Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I would make the text bubbles/text size bigger. Those are slightly too small for comfortable reading.

Also I get the feeling you can draw, since that hand looks pretty decent, so I'm confused by that face shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

this broken hill posted:

i hate this making GBS threads turd of an rear end and i don't even know what dark reaches of my psyche it stems from that it exerts such hold over my brain but if i ever manage to produce a book i'm going to print out a million of them and make a giant bonfire and poo poo onto it from a helicopter, because gently caress this stupid thing, i hate it, i hate all these people, these miserable people, gently caress them and their issues

Don't go the pictures for sad children route.

Reiley posted:

I don't draw for fun anymore because art is work now, and when I'm not working I want to do other things for fun. Young artists get really freaked out when you tell them this, that when drawing becomes a job it sometimes isn't a leisure activity anymore.

Yeah, I'm an animator and I took up writing as a hobby. Can't do the same thing for 8-9 hours per day for pay and then the same exact thing when you get home. I do know some people who have kids who need to supplement their income with freelance, so they work at a studio for 8 hours and then work on freelance from 7-12 after dinner.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 14, 2018

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

You ever think about how photoshop is a photo manipulation program? is it good for comics?

Yes, considering how many professional comics and concept artists use photoshop. It's an integral part of tons of production pipelines, from comics to animation to UX/UI dev.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

its why newspaper cartoonists, whose job it was to make stuff that could be printed in the cheapest format possible, could make a comic a day, while the hated son newspaper gamer webcomics has to update MWF and copy paste a ton, if you are scott kurtz. and if you are more ambitious than a gamer consumer game review comic such as that, as many hardworking webcomickers are, the temptation to use these particular tools to prove so are everpresent. but it has an effect.

That's not because of the tools, its because they're not as good artists and the newspaper artists were under editorial deadlines. No one is holding webcomic artists up to deadlines.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

If project wonderful is still effective for advertising why are they shutting down? Don't people still read ads on comic sites themselves instead of going on facebook for them? Or are they using "facebook is killing us!" as an excuse to close up shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Did anyone here used to post comics on aggregator sites like Drunk Duck or Keenspace? I was amazed to find Drunk Duck still exists, and some of the users that commented on my horrible comics back in 2006 are STILL actively using the site.

It's also disheartening to see some of those people haven't improved artistically in the past 12 years...