Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011
I've never drawn a comic before and could use a brutal critique from people who know what they're doing. I'm lost and dum.

This is the first page of Jeffrassic Park:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011

Fangz posted:

Uh how many pages is this joke going to go on for?

Not sure. It's mostly to make me giggle and for practice.

Haledjian posted:

The page design is really clean and colorful, I really like it!

The main thing that's bringing it down I think is the contents of the panels themselves--they feel kind of inert, and the angles/framing kind of random. It's a long way from unreadable, though.

Yeah I think that's where I was at with it too. If you crop out the top half it looks good enough for me to be satisfied with it. The top panels are giving me problems. My background is character and graphic design so character illustration like the blumasaurus is my jeremy jamm. Storytelling is where I need practice.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can make it less boring? Should I avoid the weird angles?

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011

this is one of the most adorable character designs ive ever seen and i want it.