Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
[srs posts only] [whoa --neo from matrix]

ok as we all know i am gay retard. bbut wtf is the point of an apple (lol) or sarnsung (lmao) watch... like wat do they do... wikipedia is regrettably quiet on this subject other than saying teh os's... and all my news comes from jimbo wales ... but thats besides the pint

so: what can you do with these watch contraptions?
and also what is the point

plz explain 2 me why u would buy a watch that allows you to strangle the bloodflow to ur fat arm and call donkey /* from shrek */

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
impress waitresses so they suck my cock behind the dumpster outside the kitchen

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
has anybody built a controller to turn some tablet or bigphone into a pipboy like no touchscreen just a bunch of 3 way switches and a selection wheel

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Smythe posted:

what's the deal with nerds and waitresses? (srs answers only)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Symbolic Butt posted:

they are paid to be polite and flirty for tips and theyre the only positive interpersonal interactions many goons get on a day-to-day basis

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Symbolic Butt posted:

theyre a woman who pretty much has to be nice to u, but arent scary and intimidating like strippers

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

do u have any particular restaurants to recommend

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
makes sense, thanks for the answers guys

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

du -hast posted:

do u have any particular restaurants to recommend

the alcove

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
who cares not like I'll ever anyone wearing one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

to tell the time, op

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

angry_keebler posted:

has anybody built a controller to turn some tablet or bigphone into a pipboy like no touchscreen just a bunch of 3 way switches and a selection wheel

yes

idk op some gps watches for hiking and poo poo seem cool

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

idk op some gps watches for hiking and poo poo seem cool

that's not a smart watch that's a gps watch

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ok

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

ok i appreciate y'alls input... but why should i buy a smart watch.... lets say i am browsin on a dank 6.5 figs... whats the point? i mean if u use it to get bitches, lol, i got a six-pack and am seven ft tall, like i need help

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a gps watch and one of those gps emergency fobs shits and you'd be safe as gently caress

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol yeah if im stranded a watch with 6 hrs battery life is the best option rather than my phone that has gps which i can get like 24 hours out of.... try again

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

im actually srsposting on a funy computer forum... like ok u can check ur heart rate... and the time.... but wtf is the point other than that..... like what can it do that my phone cant or w\e... i want to look cool but i wat to also be functional ('m'lady')

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the point of one is sales and profits

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
even apple haters have to admit that apple does one thing bette than anybody - make
imperial boat loads of fuckin money.

you axe the point of the apple watch? I tell you - inflating cremnob's share value

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol at the 'sheeple' that worship apple...

apple:
founders: stebe jobs (child molester), stebe wazniak (stinky sperg)
goals: to sell a system that is elegant but worthless. to sell a bentley with a yugo motor
pros: for like 8x as much as a normal computer u cna have a pretty thing (and, i grudgingly admit) well made OS
cons: stebe molested children. apple literally cheates u. actual cost for iphone is like $9... plus 1000% and u but it

:pram: : but its the worlds most advanced operatign system
any noral human: lol gently caress u bithc, i got an alienware

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
you need to know the time but you don't have the time or energy to drag your phone out of your pocket because you are a high powered successful business man or lady and you just can't afford the time it takes, and where is your phone even anyway, it must be nearby because your watch still works. does it? oh poo poo does it still work? where is your phone? poo poo

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

du -hast posted:

lol at the 'sheeple' that worship apple...

apple:
founders: stebe jobs (child molester), stebe wazniak (stinky sperg)
goals: to sell a system that is elegant but worthless. to sell a bentley with a yugo motor
pros: for like 8x as much as a normal computer u cna have a pretty thing (and, i grudgingly admit) well made OS
cons: stebe molested children. apple literally cheates u. actual cost for iphone is like $9... plus 1000% and u but it

i think you'll find that os is a pos

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

i think ull find a gallon of rms' sperms in a garbage can, when ur walking home from ur cj job... rms {confirmed} doesnt jack offf but wet dreams it (lmfao if uve ever had a wet drea... r u too dumb to figure out how to beat it.... well if u need help, youtooba for saturnday night live masturbation janet reno..

the place rms dumps his sperms: your mom

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dr. Honked posted:

you need to know the time but you don't have the time or energy to drag your phone out of your pocket because you are a high powered successful business man or lady and you just can't afford the time it takes, and where is your phone even anyway, it must be nearby because your watch still works. does it? oh poo poo does it still work? where is your phone? poo poo

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

to become a mindless schedule follower that could plan out days down to the minutes, gotta min max my life bro

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*looks at post*

Nailed it.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

ok... the results are in

every1 that posted here (and all the lurkers out there.... big daddy aint forget u) failed to come up w\ a reasonable use of the iwatch\\korea timemaker

gentlemen i dont take this lightly when i say that you are the finest minds a man can offer: a deece six and a half figgies; programming knowledge (putting u above cjs like myself, a gay human being who wishes only to hail satan), ability to break firefox/:chome: with ur scrub tier 'extensions' (lol more like excretions), and above all, the wisdo of the elders (jonny269 im lookin @ u)... i find that i m enlightened by this...

overall it turns out that 'wearable electronics [ie loving appl/sarnsung watches' dont do anything worthwhile

pls feel free & encouraged to post why u would get one

pram
Jun 10, 2001
worlds most advanced watch op

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

ok mr pram in this we agree, but what do u use it for

like i am seriously asking what a loving wearable smartwatch can do. can it go to goatse.ru (my homepage)? can it play buckwheat groats on ewetube? this is v. important...... if u cant see the goatman then what is the point

pram
Jun 10, 2001
umm.. to dampen the nihilistic horror of 21st century life with another premium techno bauble? in addition: to signal your class and status effortlessly

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
awful apk updated and I'm so confused

there's no point to smatwatch and only idiots like neonbregna are broken enuf to want one op

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

the os on them is a pieve of poo poo

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
when i worked for nike i didn't mind wearing the fuelband they gave me for being on the nike+ team, but i didn't buy an watch because it just doesn't seem that interesting/important yet. it's like how you could easily buy ipads for every room of yr house yet own 0 (lol if u ipad)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just imagine, op: everyone in the boring rear end meeting thinks you're checking the time but really you're catching up on the Current Job Status of your favorite yosposters. that's the future. that's apple watch

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

https://vine.co/v/eZTQQd0q35O

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

as a proud Watch owner there is none. its silly as hell.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
tim cook or jony ive or one of those dorks said something about how they noticed even the apple executives were slaves to their iphones always checking them all the time and so they created the F8FF watch as a gift to humanity and liberate us from the tyranny of our smartphones by making people instead enslaved by some tiny pos screen that you can't even do anything useful on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

du -hast posted:

• Locked thread