Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Gamers are busy. We can't always get around to playing the best games around so what's the best game you've never played? Personally, I've never played any game in the Castlevania series even though apparently many of them are very good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I've never played the classic original Deus Ex. Nor have I played the System Shock games, the precursors to today's premier first person shooter, the Bioshock series.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Most of the personas

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably Star Craft if I had to guess, OP.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

please play castlevania 4 op

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's tons of "good" games I've never played and I don't give a poo poo. Life's too short.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lot's of jrpg and DS games that I would probably have a blast with...but I'll get round to that when I go overseas.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish I understood Japanese to play the good games that never got translated

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lot's of jrpg and DS games that I would probably have a blast with...but I'll get round to that when I go overseas.

LMFAO.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im thinking hard of a good game i havent played and you know what. i think i played it

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
BMX XXX

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Myth games. i'm usually a main dude of strategy games but i've never tried any of them

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
all of them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just realised i havent played mgs 3 snake eater, i need to get the hd edition and take holiday time to play it. thank you for reading my post

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Chrono trigger i guess

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Thinking about it, I've also never played either of the Portal games or the Bioshocks. Not sure if these would be considered better or not than Castlevania cause well, I haven't played em!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragon Quest I through IX, but I'm working on it OP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The SMT and Metal Gear series.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

the MGS games - I've never owned a console, and am gutted that I've never been able to play through them.

zeal posted:

the Myth games. i'm usually a main dude of strategy games but i've never tried any of them

definite recommend - Myth II in particularly is probably one of the best/most atmospheric strategy games I've ever played, and people have ported the entirety of Myth I into its more modern engine. Myth III lacks some of the charm, but is still pretty decent.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
almost all of the Zelda games I suppose

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I've never really played any of the Thief or Hitman games. Also have never played GTAV or Bayonetta now that I think about it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

a whole bunch op because I'm super lazy but also now super busy.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

What the...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

apropos to nothing posted:

Thinking about it, I've also never played either of the Portal games or the Bioshocks. Not sure if these would be considered better or not than Castlevania cause well, I haven't played em!

Play the Portal games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

[JR voice:]

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Persona 4

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

[JR voice:]
I just never had access to them, basically. A friend just got two of the SMT games, I'm going to try to borrow them when he's finished.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I've never played Psychonauts or Day of the Tentacle.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just never had access to them, basically. A friend just got two of the SMT games, I'm going to try to borrow them when he's finished.

*lowers katana slowly*

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SMT and Dragon Quest are series I have not played seriously, although I've tried them briefly before. I'm now working on Dragon Quest IV and after beating Persona 4 I will finally start SMT IV. 4-4-4

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I got up to the black omen in CT playing on snes9x on my wii then the emu updated and ruined the save files and I haven't found the motivation to do it all again.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Heavily Modded Skyrim

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Also applies to Morrowind, Oblivion or any other Elder Scrolls game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I have started Link to the Past twice recently and I have never finished it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have started Link to the Past twice recently and I have never finished it.

I played it at a friends house but never beat it or played it through very far because it was on SuperNES and alas, I had but a Genesis

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
im trying to beat super ghouls 'n ghosts and its freaking hard!! once i beat this game once there is no way in hell i will every replay it again haha not in a billion freaking years would i play this game twice lol

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

If it's a jrpg and didn't end in a roman numeral, I probably didn't play it.

Except Chrono Trigger. I played about 2 hours of Chrono Trigger.

qnqnx posted:

Heavily Modded Skyrim

I've never played a Bethesda game with extensive breast-related modding.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

BgRdMchne posted:

I've never played Psychonauts or Day of the Tentacle.

You're really missing out. I suggest you download and play them ASAP

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i havent played half life 1 or counter strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I aint played most of the stuff in INRI's best game thread.

• Locked thread