Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to get in on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming. Who is the scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

Honestly this king is pretty poo poo if he's hiding in his own palace. Only 2 guards? Terrible forethought imo.

It is only a six person insurgency, but he's probably a DB underestimating us common folk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Gulag Dolls

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

In the morning, gotta thank god.
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dog, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog.

I was wondering what to listen to, not anymore.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

how many scum are you looking out for, king? i bet you can't sleep because we're all on your mind. maybe we're actually your guards too. nowhere is SAFE

also holy gently caress this pollen is wrecking me

If I've been the king all this time, and I've lived in filth and squalor my entire life for nothing, I am going to be PISSED!

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Guards know the king. King doesn't know the guards. Guards don't know the guards.

I guess I should read those other games and see how they were ultimately solved for homework. I guess, what type of questions would be good to ask in this type of setup? I feel like questions often are used by scum to fake content in normal games and vice versa, with genuine questions being called scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Is this worded really weirdly or am I just :tinfoil:

The more I read Kleedrac's post, the stranger it seems, but I'm getting stronger vibes from BK.

The information they're presenting is useful, but it feels planted in such away that they had something to fall back on later as an example of pro-town play.

Outside of the content generated by those two players so far, there's a joke that I feel should get some attention.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't get it, mine says protect gulag dolls

I think a lot of people(self-included) placed some joke votes on gulag from this, but what strikes me about taste's comment is saying that he has a protective role, regardless of who it is to be protected. It just seems strange. The same strange I get from the wording in the Kleedrac post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was a sincere post, the king is gulag dolls and I am his captain of the guard

Oh Taste! :allears:

Well you're either telling the truth or you're lying and I believe the policy is: "LYNCH ALL LIARS"

Which is it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote TT

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

no if hes telling the truth we have to lynch gulag

What's the read that you have on Gulag currently?

My take on taste is purely based on his 3 admissions of guilt in his 6 posts.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't get it, mine says protect gulag dolls

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was a sincere post, the king is gulag dolls and I am his captain of the guard

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm telling the truth

You are right, if Taste is telling the truth then we'd have to lynch gulag, but I feel comfortable about gulag as opposed to taste when I compare the posts they've both made.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Because if gulag is the king we win??

Not to sound condescending, but did you read my post that you quoted? The way you responded doesn't address my question and doesn't comment at all on the statements that I put forth.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

i don't think cpig actually believes tt

which is enough to make me think he is the person we should lynch today

Are you implying that there is validity to taste's claim? This post is confusing.

---

On the other hand, if TT is lying as town it is most likely for content generation and reactions.

I don't like how Pig is responding to TT's claim. It's too on the nose. I mean making the claim in joke phase D1 would appear to be a wise tactic given how easily it might be dismissed, but it just doesn't feel genuine. Feels like it's only to stir the pot.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Capitalist Pig

Given the content in game thus far, I'm ok with this vote based on my own interactions with pig and the overall response to TT's claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think no matter what I do, I'll come across scummy. When I'm joking around, everyone thinks I'm scummy. When I'm trying to be serious and insightful, everyone thinks I'm scummy. I'm beginning to be at peace with it lol.

I will say that I feel like this game size and mode lends itself to me wanting to take a more active role though. I hope more players come and join in on the discussion soon!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I just get a "fake earnest/contributing" vibe from you that scum have, but maybe you can't control it :smith:

I just don't get the TT vote, even though you switched it. Did you want him voted for? If more people started voting him, would you have kept it? I just feel like most people either gather information from that situation or ignore it, the vote seems a bit feigned.

There wasn't much going on so I built the case around TT's claim solely on the fact that, at the time, literally half of his post count were made of posts where he claimed to be guarding gulag.

I figured, even if the casing was weak, it would be enough to get eyes on the thread. I figure this is TT's motive for making his wild claim D1 as well. In doing so, we got some pretty strange reactions from Pig. I feel comfortable with my vote on him at the moment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MC Eating Disorder posted:

That's meant to say I don't like gg gently caress you iPhone autocorrect what is that even

Without commas or periods, that reads really hurtful. :smith:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

GG what prompted the name change

Ghastly seemed like it fit the DOOM avatar better.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think we let scum push us into a bad vote yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend. I'll have my thoughts up on the mouse wagon tonight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Not really a horrible vote. His only posts were bad and then he wasn't active or contributing, not somebody you want with you in the game later. But this isn't really a good post since there wasn't really a wagon.

It was basically me and Gulag saying vote mouse cause he's not doing poo poo, and then nobody posting for 3 days, and then the others saying "gently caress it, lets just kill somebody"

The gently caress it, let's kill somebody copout then, however you'd like to phrase it. Weekends have proven themselves to be a quieter time on these threads. There's suspicion to be drawn from the mouse lynch is all I was trying to say. Still at woek, will have more later.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm sorry you all, I know I said I'd get some cases up tonight, but I'm having a rough day. I'll be back to play tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OK, my headspace is a bit clearer today.

I've reread the thread in my downtime and I want to voice some concern over who I think the guards and king are based upon post context and the vote history.

King might be Deadbeat Dad
I think arguments about whose trying to be authoritative in the game end up moot since it's everyone's obligation to try and piece together who is the scum, but his interactions with the player's he's found scummy is what makes me think that he might be the king.

Given that the King doesn't know who the guards are, taking that authoritative pro-town stance would be really useful.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It just so happened the guy I thought was most suspicious got lynched and was rebel. Sucks, but entirely had a chance to sway my opinion and chose not to post.

If not a king, seemingly playing in a manner where he tries to corner players with pressure. This is noticeable on Kleedrac, Strongmouse and myself to a small degree.

A Bodyguard might be Tremendous Taste.

TT's opening lie, the lightly opinionated or opinion free votes he's put forth, distracting in thread talk.

Another Bodyguard might be BottleKnight.

The opening post by BK seemed like he was trying to establish open communication with the other bodyguard.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm gonna do some game spec since this is a small one.

6 rebels, 3 scum basically means we lose after 3 mislynches, and delay lylo one day per guard we lynch. If it's anything like other games I've read, the guards will probably try to be bombastic and be unpredictable so as to hide the king. They'll probably even vote the king. Hopefully me saying all this makes them WIFOMy.

The king is essentially in the same spot as the rebels since he knows no identities of anyone else and the guards absolutely cannot tip their cap without being found itt. Since the guards don't know who each other is, I'd be on the lookout for early votes, which may be all HEY HAHA and then vote someone who the other guard will know is the king. The king will probably find this out this way too. The guards and king figuring out who each other are is very disadvantageous for town.

Unlike assassin in the palace, where town is trying to obscure info, in this game we need to be super in-depth and really read people. No-lynches don't matter, etc. No deadline.

That's all I have.

No matter how I read this post it feels like a directed communication.

...and That's all I have.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Deadbeat Dad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Both of the people I have put a lot of suspicion on have voted for me.

You're way off base, I'm not sure authoritative is the right word when I vote players or question them for not actively playing the game or participating - I shouldn't have to do that if you signed up for something. If that's pressure, then yeah, I've done that. Which equates to being a king, how?

You pretty much have the opposite view that I have - there's no way I think the guards and the king are putting themselves out there that much - maybe one, sure, but it's not like I've made any "I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum !" arguments so I think your logic is faulty.

I respect your stance, but that's the impression you've left on me given your play in this game. I mean the Boog gifs are top notch, but when it comes to actually playing the game, I can't help but feel that you're only as active as you are in an attempt to mislead.

Making "an I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum!" argument would defeat the point of doing it as you've done it. I don't think you would do that, which is why I think you're among the scum. I'd find it awkwardly townie if you had.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Which isn't true at all, since I always post gifs when I'm playing, but I just made that connection now and I would probably vote myself if I wasn't a rebel on that premise alone.

But I don't think I'm actually that active - it's a slow paced game, and it's my only game, so I'm going to be active in it.

I will say I don't like how CPig has gotten quiet since D1 - I didn't think it was him around that time but I'm noticing trends with some posters that seem to be taking a backseat a little now. I still don't like Kleedrac but his views have been all over the loving place and if he's a guard I'm going to be really annoyed since it's obvious but not obvious at the same time.

That's actually pretty clever if you are the king, but debunking the gif case openly makes me think three things. Either A. You've planted the gifs during the game so you could debunk the case when no one made it or B. It's defensive bait that you could be used to ridicule/discredit someone else or C. It's just hilarious coincidence, and pretty awesome gifs.

For now, I'm going to keep my vote on you because it feels right.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GG my question for you is would you be willing to vote for BK over DBD?

With a compelling enough case maybe. I mean I definitely think he's a guard, but shouldn't we be going for the king? He can jump on my vote in a weird way like he has calling it a bluff, but his argument feels forced.

CapitalistPig posted:

I dont really know who is scum and no one is actually making any good cases so :shrug:

Do you have any picks at all? What's your case?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

You literally quoted the answer to this question right above it.

...but I mean like do you have any reads or feelings about players or interaction ITT so far?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

GG has also been super quiet lately, busy?

Drunk at dinner with my boo, who is getting some dental work done maņana. ##VOTE BoTtle

He feels like a stronger target than DbD, upgrading him to King Status, I also think pig might be a guard instead of taste. Second guard, maybe DbD or gulag.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Also nobody in this game regardless of their alignment can be certain somebody is a rebel unless they are a guard and that person is king

This feels like a pointless and very obvious thing to point out. Perhaps to substantiate a weak case. I'll rraf this thrrad at home under the influence of sobriety.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sorry for playing this game of mafia but it turns out seeing who people will and won't vote for is a big part of that and pretty much the only actual part of this specific game

I'd vote for BK > Kleedrac > DbD

Wouldn't vote for gulag I don't think.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

I think we let scum lure us into a bad lynch d2

It's probably pig then.

##vote Capitalist Pig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

risking suspicion to make the play you think is right is a town move.

making a post like this is very, very much not town. It implies frustration at being pressured with barely any additional scumhunting. It is a bad defense.

I like my vote, I think we should lynch pig.

No previous post about pig, still literally no alignment call in this post. This is a terrible post whether you are town or scum. Do you think pig is scum? Yes or no. And then back up your answer.

He fake-believed TT. He clearly did it in an immediate attempt to pass it off as meta or reaction-hunting. I think he calculated his D1 approach to the game, likes to hide behind a shroud and say it is content, and then say we're all dumb for him being weird.

It's a strategy where he makes himself look weird artificially, dismisses it as a nested gotcha, and then moves on with very frustrated posts. That is my case.

CapitalistPig posted:

I love it how, in this post, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Everything BK said about Pig was mostly correct. Additionally, Pig has been obstinate about discussing his thoughts.

CapitalistPig posted:

Bottleknight is scum.

He's being really weird and he's defending me and I'm acting scummy, anyone currently defending me is pretty scummy because I'm not playing well so you should all be suspicious of me.

He also has been making weird posts like this.

##vote Pig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

This is scummy because GG is jumping on a super easy case and, being a guard , knows im a rebel.

##vote GG

Guess what? I had already voted you. I'm trying to let other people see why.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

GulagDolls posted:

It's probably pig then.

##vote Capitalist Pig

CapitalistPig posted:

Everyone voting kleedrac should vote bottleknight instead.

GulagDolls posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Live and die for my King. FLAWLESS VICTORY. I'm sorry for playing y'all.

Love,

GG

• Locked thread