Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Screw the haters, this is the best Bioshock game.

1 had a really good story but the gameplay and graphics have not aged well. 2 played better but the graphics weren't much better and the story was bad fanfiction with an antagonist that made no sense.

The game doesn't have a story quite at 1's calibur, and gameplay not quite as good as 2's, but overall is a better experience than both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ghost Stromboli posted:

The original Bioshock looks as though it would be a survival-horror game. The setting itself is appropriately desolate and creepy to fit the role. However, the gameplay really doesn't back that up in any way. Early on the first Bioshock has some semblance of that sort of survival experience, but I'd say by the time you pass that doctor in the beginning the survival feel is largely gone.

Bioshock is creepy for all of 5 minutes after you enter Rapture, then you get electricity powers and it becomes your standard shoot-em-up, only now you can shove bees at people with your brain.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Until you get to finkton, when it turns around and starts flying into their heads repeatedly.

And yet some people STILL don't get it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The raffle, no matter how many times I see it, pisses me the gently caress off. This is intentional and I love it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Slavery in the Roman empire wasn't a racial thing at all. If you were conquered, you were enslaved. They honestly could not give a poo poo what color you were. You didn't beat them in war, ergo you do not deserve your freedom.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ghostwoods posted:

loving hell, dude. Put sick gore behind a spoiler, will ya? Or, y'know, even better, don't post it.

Or he could do what he did was double mark it NWS and also told us what exactly was in the picture.

I mean... he couldn't have made it any more obvious.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

bhlaab posted:

The female lead is erased from existence.

Only she isn't because Burial At Sea is A Thing.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Spudd posted:

Yes he is a wizard and an rear end in a top hat and playing as him is unfun. For being an rear end in a top hat that is. Wizards are cool.

Listen dude, "wizard" and "rear end in a top hat" are synonymous. You don't need to say he's both.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I always thought the police sketch was supposed to be Andrew Ryan. A little nod towards the end of the game.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Tesla once built a death ray because he could.

I love Tesla.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

oldskool posted:

Man, possessing the vending machines isn't worth it. You burned two-thirds of your salts for $8 at the 5 minute mark.

Every little bit helps, and salts are a renewable resource.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

EDIT: WHOOPS YOU SAID THAT IN THE VIDEO THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR POSTING BEFORE I FINISH IT LIKE A JACKASS

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that most of us are watching it for Bobbin and not for the game :v:

Why not both? I still seriously love BI despite the whole internet telling me I should hate it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Oh things that could have been solved with a single line of dialogue "We need to go to New York to get you documents so we can be in Paris!" Problem solved! :v:

I think we have long since established Booker is better at keeping secrets then lying.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

bhlaab posted:

Why doesn't Elizabeth pull another airship out of a tear

Why doesn't Elizabeth just go to Paris through a tear?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Incidentally, does anyone have a recommendation for a microphone with a good cost:quality ratio?

Ape and I use Blue Snowballs, Heave uses a Blue Yeti. Snowballs are cheaper, but Yetis are technically better from a sound and customization standpoint.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Why does the Big Daddy even come into play? Isn't the whole point of Big Daddies that if you leave them alone they leave you alone? Why does this one even care at all?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

But I N F I N I T E T I M E L I N E S, guys. (yeah even i have to admit the story in burial at sea plummeted around the "you are comstock" twist)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Bioshock 2's plot was absolute garbage fanfiction. There is no way someone like Sophia Lamb would have ever gotten an invite down to Rapture, let alone sit on the council. The game played well enough but holy poo poo that story.

bhlaab posted:

Wait, why does he want Rapture if it's a flooded concrete tomb? By the end of Bioshock 1 he's turned himself into a goo monster so he can rule over a city that doesn't exist anymore.

I think the plan was to take Rapture over so he could sell its wonders on the surface. He needed to keep the city around to keep plundering it / producing product. Then he spliced himself so much he turned into an asexual bronze man.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Wiggy Marie posted:

Is that something that Elizabeth would know?

She's been in Rapture for an undetermined amount of time, possibly months, and never even saw a Little Sister (somehow). I don't think she does, but I also don't think the game remembers that Little Sisters are supposed to be really, REALLY loving hard to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

What a garbage DLC! What a garbage resolution! Hooray!

Looking super forward to the next LP though, considering I just recently finished the game myself not too long ago.

• Locked thread