Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Murmur Twin posted:

Because I explained how and why turboing can be good? If you're going to say I'm wrong, feel free to go into more detail.

That said, I think imgay is far more likely than 20-30% to be scum so a lot of the turbo discussion is moot. What are your thoughts on that case?

D1 is a day to make people interact. It is entirely possible to find scum as well, but the reason later days can have those educated votes you want to get to is that you can look back at a discussion and review. If there is no discussion all you have is the order in which people voted which is piss-poor. I can't believe I had to explain that.

I have no idea why imgay would claim to be your husband if he wasn't, that would make no sense. Luckily he didn't do that, you claimed to be his wife. Not knowing his kids' names doesn't mean anything to me. There really isn't a case that I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MT, Your the one who claimed to be my wife after I was dishing out information. I had no idea that there was someone else who would compliment my pm. Unlike you I don't have concrete details about family as mine focuses more on other aspects. I made names up, but I'm willing to reconcile with you if your willing to understand that I wasn't really told anything about my kids except that I was trying to build a better tomorrow for them.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
This whole thing has been a fascinating insight into gnomish marriage, and what it means to be a gnome father (caring about your kids future, but not enough to actually remember their name).

It is not, however, a case against imgay as scum. Maybe it's grounds for a divorce case, if that pops up as a random event. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm a really old gnome

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
My assumption - the rightness/wrongness of which will be made more clear as more people post - is that my kids are other characters in this game who, similarly to me, were given information about who their family members are. If more people post through day 1 and no one has a clue what I'm talking about, it's entirely possible I'm wrong - but until then I have no reason to think I'm wrong.

Samfucius posted:

D1 is a day to make people interact. It is entirely possible to find scum as well, but the reason later days can have those educated votes you want to get to is that you can look back at a discussion and review. If there is no discussion all you have is the order in which people voted which is piss-poor. I can't believe I had to explain that.

You didn't have to explain that. Read over my posts - do you honestly think I was steadfastly committed to the turbo? Or do you think I went along with it to start generating reactions?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

You didn't have to explain that. Read over my posts - do you honestly think I was steadfastly committed to the turbo? Or do you think I went along with it to start generating reactions?

What reactions did you get?

You defended the turbo for quite a while I.e. right until now.

Goalposts don't react, even when you move them.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i'mstill not following why you think imgay being your husband would make him scum.

if he's fake claiming as you say, how would he even know such a role existed to fake claim it?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

My assumption - the rightness/wrongness of which will be made more clear as more people post - is that my kids are other characters in this game who, similarly to me, were given information about who their family members are. If more people post through day 1 and no one has a clue what I'm talking about, it's entirely possible I'm wrong - but until then I have no reason to think I'm wrong.

Setup speculation is a hell of a drug.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Samfucius posted:

What reactions did you get?

Reactions to the turbo included -

- Opop, WMM and myself all voting Jake
- You declaring 100% sureness that one of the three of us is scum
- Somber voting you based on that

And then it became more or less clear that the turbo isn't / wasn't the best play, as people started attempting more concrete cases. But to play hypotheticals, what if Jake flipped scum? Now we not only got scum, but we can critically look at who tried to dissuade the turbo as leads for D2. What if Jake flipped town? Then we have (assuming no doctors) two less townies to wrongly accuse on D2 and night action results if applicable. If the turbo started to gain traction and literally no one argued against it, that's a likely tell that Jake is town and scum is letting it happen, and then we can adjust accordingly.

uranus posted:

i'mstill not following why you think imgay being your husband would make him scum.

if he's fake claiming as you say, how would he even know such a role existed to fake claim it?

My perspective - my role says my name is Gruberta, I have two kids named Gary and Grace, and a best friend (female with "G" name) with whom I'm close. All of these people in my role were specifically named. It also says I am in an unhappy marriage* but my husband isn't mentioned by name. Based on the flavor in the OP the gnomes' enemies are shapeshifting lizards, and BK clearly has put some thought into the flavor of this game, so in my mind my unnamed husband was a suspect.

Without being prompted, imgay said

imgay posted:

I am Grubert, son of Grubert.

First - it just seems really weird to me that I would be the only person with a bunch of other gnomes' names, which is why I asked imgay for information that I thought a gnome would know.

Second - when asked to name his kids, he lied. Whether or not he's my husband or someone else's husband, he gave two "M" names when he could have just said "I don't know".

Third - why even make that statement if you're not going to volunteer further information? I genuinely think he got Grubert as a fakeclaim (which flavorwise makes sense given our unhappy marriage), put it out there to sound gnome-y, and then couldn't back up the claim.

*(I realize the irony of "imgay" not being happy in a heterosexual marriage)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't know there was a canon for my kids names.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Samfucius posted:

Samfucius posted:

Setup speculation is a hell of a drug.

I feel like you're forgetting that I don't have perfect knowledge? The fact that I pushed for a turbo on Jake or cased imgay shouldn't necessarily provide a read either way since we don't know their alignments yet. I feel like I've done as good of a job as I can explaining my thought processes behind those moves.

If you think I'm wrong, you're welcome to make a better case. If you think I'm lying, you're welcome to make a better case on me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
:siren: EVENT! :siren:

You have all found a good spot of earth, with some trees for lumber and many open spots of fertile soil, but your good fortune doesn’t end at the dirt, you also seem to have the good fortune of easy game like squirrels and ferrets, and berries for sustenance. You have set up a basic camp, knowing that over the coming months, you will commit to the challenge of building up a real town, a village you will all be proud of.

Together, you stupid gnomes have come together to hold a meeting about the name of this village, what it could possibly be referred to whether in casual conversation or in negotiations with other tribes and merchants. You want to make sure you get on the poorly cartographed, terribly illustrated map!

The first four people to make a suggestion about what to name the village will be the four put forward for a town vote. Please use ##suggest [town name] and then afterwards I will give instructions to nominate one of these names. The one whose suggestion gets chosen will receive a boon!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
##suggest Gnomsulost

I freely admit I stole it, but it's silly and awesome.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##suggest Gnoman's Land

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##suggest Bronzemurder

http://bronzemurder.timdenee.com/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##suggest Emong

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

##suggest Gnoman's Land

i vote for this one

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

That's a dwarf town! Dwarves and gnomes are nothing alike. Dwarves are smart, strong, and capable of simple tasks. Also, facial hair... I'm so jealous of their beards...

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##suggest Shorties

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The gnomes argue and mutter among themselves, undecided on what to name the town. Four final suggestions are brought forth, to be voted upon to create a consensus.

Please ##nominate either Gnomsulost, Gnoman's Land, Bronzemurder or Emong.

The name will be chosen by plurality at 9 o'clock EDT.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##nominate gnome land

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Not sure if I have to nominate my own suggestion, but just in case I do

##nominate Gnomsulost

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##nominate Gnoman's Land

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

#nominate Gnoman's Land

Gotta stick with my unwavering loyalty to puns

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
## nominate Gnomsulost

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys suck

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

12 minutes left! Get your nominations in before it's too late!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##nominate Gnoman's Land

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Finally, after several hours of intense, very misguided debate about the name of the town, these idiot gnomes finally decide on a goddamn pun for their name: Gnoman's Land. Congratulations, guys. Just the kind of humor gnomes deserve.

A reminder that deadline is Monday at 10pm EDT.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You guys suck

We really do, the action was called "nominate" and no one made the pun :eng99:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Murmur Twin posted:

Third - why even make that statement if you're not going to volunteer further information? I genuinely think he got Grubert as a fakeclaim (which flavorwise makes sense given our unhappy marriage), put it out there to sound gnome-y, and then couldn't back up the claim.

Actually of everything you've said, this is the one part that I agree on, I got the sense he bit off more than he could chew with his little flavorclaim, realized he had done so, and now he's trying to backtrack and placate you so you drop it.

It's worth a vote, in my opinion.

##vote imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You are really pulling something out of nothing WWM. Making up flavor to compliment a pm then being told a real canon isn't backtracking. I'm the gnome savior for christ sakes.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
As much as I'd live to kill Mr gay, this is really loving stupid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

uranus posted:

As much as I'd live to kill Mr gay, this is really loving stupid

"This" meaning what, exactly?

Hey Sam, do you have any more of a case on MMT than what you've already posted? Also, what do you think of imgay?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
'This' flavor case that makes like negative sense

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its mad dumb, i thought this was mafia, not Real Housewives.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

"This" meaning what, exactly?

Hey Sam, do you have any more of a case on MMT than what you've already posted? Also, what do you think of imgay?

MMT hasn't really said anything new, my case hasn't evolved. Instead they just tried to claim that they didn't really want a turbo which I don't believe.

I was already asked about the imgay thing and I already answered it. It is really dumb and makes no sense to me. He never claimed to be the husband and not knowing his gnome kids' names is not a scum tell.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Well I've got a shitload of flavor in my role pm so either he was lying when he posted he was the gnome guy or it really is a fake.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
and i got zero flavor in mine. flavor arguments are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
i hate day one

• Locked thread