Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

I am 100% sure there is scum in that jake vote.

haha

##vote sam

no you're not! unless you are, in which case.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi gay, there's actual content on this page it's pretty cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

Sorry to be responding to questions people act.

what do you think of sam?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##suggest Bronzemurder

http://bronzemurder.timdenee.com/

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Did you all really post five pages over the weekend without killing Sam? Come on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Now that there's actual content, want to make a real case on him?

Not really but I will!

Murmur Twin posted:

Just a thought - while I fully support modkilling inactive players, please try and keep "active content" in mind because I think it's a better metric than postcount. Some people (like yours truly) have a tendency to bunch multiple trains of thought into single posts and shouldn't (in my opinion) be punished for it.

Like this post could have easily been split into 10 separate small posts to beat the threshhold, I assume he didn't do this for readability's sake and shouldn't be punished for that. Similarly, Kumba will probably make the post quota limit, but hasn't really posted anything of use.

Right now, whichever of Kumba, FV and Somber (in that order) would be my preferred votes if imgay doesn't get momentum, assuming they're not in the firing line for modkills. They all have a "hiding in plain sight" thing and don't seem particularly invested in catching scum at the moment.

Come on, almost all this game happened over the weekend. Ascribing alignment value to anyone based on scheduling conflicts is silly. If you want a lurker dunk you at least should have been honest about it rather than obfuscating your intention with the pretense of an alignment call based on lurking.

##vote Murmur Twin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, voting a lurker is dumb.

Lurking is always anti-town behavior. However, it's alignment neutral. There are plenty of reasons why anyone wouldn't post that have nothing to do with the game. I almost gave a full recap of my weekend here to evidence how ridiculous the 'hiding in plain sight' hypothesis is. Voting someone based on lurking, while maybe something you could argue improves the quality of the game, is not scumhunting. Both scum and town lurk.

Pretending that a case on lurkers has anything at all to do with hunting scum is scummy. MT is picking on targets that no one cares about and who probably wouldn't be around to defend themselves. Especially with the modkill threats, there's no way her case is genuine.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

100yrs you're SK hunting. Also, you did you miss when derp said that he did not, in fact, have a vig?

Yeah, would vote 100.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

I want to talk a few things out with him, but that slot definitely still feels like scum to me. I don't really want to vote MT today, in large part because MCS is voting her, and he's giving me serious ~vibes~ because of the way he's aggressively misinterpreting my posting and doesn't really have any opinions of his own whatsoever, except that I'm an idiot from OWS for making an effort to whip votes onto one of my scumreads :wtc:

I can't recall any posts from MCS this game but 'aggressively misinterpreting' seems to be his raison d'etre.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Start here and then read the interaction between MCS and me that follows.

Looks like MCS just being an rear end in a top hat honestly, that tepid OWS slam is funny but not in the way it was intended. I'm way more concerned with GG slapping a vote on you following that exchange without any reasoning.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

That seems like a huge misinterpretation / overreaction to what I said. I can't believe you're accusing me of obfuscating my intent when I've made it abundantly clear that my vote is staying on imgay until (a) I see a better case or (b) there is a risk of a no-lynch if I'm holding out.

I'm ascribing alignment value on scumhunting done thus far, and when I made that post you voted Sam for a single post near the start of the game and didn't offer any updated opinions. I totally get that the weekend is a low-posting time and anyone I mentioned as "potential lurker scum" will be off the list as soon as I get the sense that they're trying to find scum.

This was all of your posts at the time, can you really not see why I might be suspicious of you?

so why make that post if you won't stand by it?

yeah i really can't understand why you'd be suspicious of me for the reasons i just stated. i explained why a case based on lurking has no value whatsoever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
100 is right though.

Murmur Twin posted:

:what:

Are you really accusing me of being too careful with my posts / not explaining my thought processes out in a free-wheeling manner? I feel like I've explained the thought process reasonably well of everything I've said, but if there's anything you're not sure of feel free to quote it specifically.

This is addressing the wrong part of 100's post. I want to vote 100 far less than MMT now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why would either of you do that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

why would either of you do that?

not the breadcrumbing, but the claiming at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also i know i need to post more and win the game like a cool guy but i'm not up to it due to irl concerns. i would probably request a replacement if i had any other games going.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Since they basically 75% claimed I'd like to see them come out and say they are confirmed town masons, since so far they have just been pussy footing around aking a full claim

no, stop.

Murmur Twin posted:

I saw it when I hit "preview post" but couldn't find the breadcrumb and as of right now don't necessarily believe the claim.

vote mmt, she is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
great well this was silly and unnecessary.

mmt's reaction is very scummy. why does anyone have reason to immediately doubt that claim other than to work out of previous missteps or throw shade on a role that's problematic for scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's touchy cause we're confirmed lovers. I was going to refrain from claiming until it was a certain thing that I was the option for tonight but there you go, now it's out in the open for better or for worse.

oh my god please stop.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

lol i cant imagine there is more

'well one of us is a cop and the other is a doctor, but i won't say who is who. anyway that info is out there let's see what happens.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While I normally don't mind being killed it would've sucked since it'd of brought/will bring down someone else which isn't all that fair that my bad play gets them caught up.

However, I do hope you've all learned a lesson that yes indeed town can come to the conclusion that a player (uranus) who's clearly not town may have the possibility of being 3p. Like that shouldn't be out the realm of imagination as previously thought.

you were -6 to dunk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
honestly in rereading Sam, the case on him seems weaker in the context of actual content. does anyone want to restate the case? i think the argument for mmt is stronger.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Did you miss the big case that I wrote up (which I still feel has extremely valid questions) before I saw the claim?

Again I say put yourself in my shoes. You see WWM change his mind with no explanations and write a case asking him to explain it, and then someone else claims they breadcrumbed confirmed town masons earlier. You go back, don't see the breadcrumb - do you post the case anyways or do you delete it?

i'm not concerned with your case on wwm, i'm concerned about your reaction to his claim. there's nothing wrong with posting your thoughts anyway with a caveat.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

What is more likely?

(a) I saw an inconsistency in WWM's posting, called it out, saw a reference to a breadcrumb but couldn't find it, and made the post saying I didn't buy into the masonry yet? or
(b) I, as scum, figured the correct way to stay under the radar would be to drive a lynch into confirmed town after my tunneling on someone based on a flavorclaim didn't work.

I would still likely to see WWM answer my post but yes, I do not think he is a good vote in light of the claim. ##unvote

the second. anyway, that's a false binary and also 'too scummy to be scum.' you're just backpedaling away from your misplay here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

btw gg is on my shortlist of dudes id lynch today

i'd go for him before Sam, I think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's a bad question to begin with.

Quick reminder that MMT proposed chain-dunking lurkers that would be modkilled anyway, not because they're lurkers but because they were scum 'hiding in plain sight.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

It seems pretty typical for somber I think? I don't think your post after the "claim" was particularly scummy

oh come on.

confirmed lovers claim.

mmt hedges over whether she believes it.

mmt proceeds to backpedal.

Did you see her really bad no good terrible case based on lurking as scum behavior?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the probably there is that it doesn't at all mesh with your previously stated position. abandoning your previous, scummy position doesn't mean it disappears. and no, i don't see how my posting made you suspicious. the lack of my posting should have made it impossible for you to think i was suspicious because there was nothing there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I have found a lot of her casework and opinions questionable honestly, but there is so much of it. Not that that makes her town, but it makes me less willing to vote her day 1

aughhh but i don't get that at all. Posting content in high volume is inherently pro-town but ultimately alignment neutral, it's just the inverse of lurking. The same way you shouldn't vote someone for lurking, you shouldn't not vote someone because they're posting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Somber - he's not looking for scum, he's trying to drive the vote on me by referring to my posts with dismissive language. I've explained my thought process behind every single post he's accusing me of, and rather than acknowledging my answers or trying to interact with me he just keeps doubling down.

To Somber: You shouldn't vote for people based on # of posts, you should vote for them based on whether you think their attempt to hunt for scum is genuine. I've given my reasons for everything I've done and yet you don't seem to want to acknowledge this.
To non-Somber: please read through his post history and ask yourself if he sounds like someone who doesn't know the scum is. He's starting with a conclusion (I am scum) and then retroactively justifying it.

dismissive language? where? I'm very annoyed that you'd suggest that, I feel like I've gone out of my way to be respectful.

explanations are not excuses. if i find your explanations inadequate then i will continue to call attention to them. where have i ignored your posts?

I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to number of posts. It doesn't seem to have any relevancy to this game. i've evidenced how your cases and arguments do not make sense and are not genuine.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I feel like somber is like this a lot of the time as town

mmt does not make any goddamn sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

While I agree with you that # of words doesn't mean poo poo, the thing to look for is whether you think the person you're casing is being genuine or lying. The reason I have no issue throwing out a bunch of :words: is because I know I'm telling the truth and can explain how I arrived at every conclusion that I came to by remembering the thought processes that got me there.

For example, when I asked

What specifically makes you so sure that (a) didn't happen?

okay. how is that relevant? my casing is based on your explanations for scummy behavior, in the instances in which you've provided them and haven't just ignored me, being insufficient.

i'm not going to indulge your question again because i start unconsciously grinding my teeth every time i see it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Actually, one quick answer first -

You don't see this as dismissive?

no! your lurker cases had no basis in reason. i've talked in depth about why that is. you abandoned it when called on it so i'm not sure why you're also trying to defend it now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why is uranus -3? i don't understand the case on him at all.

i'll vote gg if no one is willing to listen to my murmur case.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Exact's play still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, mostly because he seems to be angry and indignant at the fact that people aren't doing what he wants.

##vote EXAKT Science

which makes him scum because __________

##vote ghostly gangsta

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It is possible I am wrong and that Murmur is just incomprehensible, I dunno.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't super care for Exakt's reaction to the flip.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Who was hunting serial killers now? :smugdog:

In all seriousness, I have no idea what to make of that night kill. I won't get a chance to re-evaluate things until tomorrow night though. I'm going to back away from Uranus since his play at the end of D1 was a lot better and I shouldn't rest a case on a flimsy D1 premise. Of the active players the two I want a closer look at is exakt, because I seriously think Meds has a point about exakt's casing in this game, and murmur but mainly because she has so much going on that I need to take the chance to put it back in order.

you, it was you hunting serial killers. claiming credit for that means nothing as to your alignment.

i see exakt's socratic casing method as value neutral tbqhwy but casing anyone based on the night kill is out-and-out wrong and scummy as poo poo. the 'oh geez wow weird' reaction to imgay flipping feels phony. same goes for mithross but he's not trying to define the narrative for today based on the kill.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Well, now that we know imgay was town, looking at the people pushing him is, in my opinion, the best place to start. Sam was one of the scummiest people in general yesterday, so I feel like he deserves a very strong second look today. MT was giving me vibes all day, and I really don't understand the way she was behaving before deadline. Plus, she was the hammer on GG, which is always worthy of note.

town don't push town?

EXAKT Science posted:

Yesterday I thought that your play felt town and you were always the person on the imgay push that I suspected least of being scum. That continues to hold today.

this conflicts with your initial premise . if you're casing people off the value of imgay flipping scum, wouldn't you reevaluate your read from yesterday?

##vote exakt science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not casing based on the nightkill. I was surprised by the choice because imgay was the vote leader for a large chunk of Day 1, and that combined with his being the NK target makes me suspicious because it says to me that the scumteam thought that imgay was someone to be afraid of and didn't want to risk leaving him alive for another day to try to push for a misdunk on him.

you say you're not casing based on the night kill but then the start of your next sentence reads into the choice of the nightkill.

hey if we're going to read into the nightkill then why wouldn't it be possible that imgay could have been murdered as a frame job? normally i would say that's stupid and wrong but here someone comes out of the gate at the start of the day pushing a narrative based on the kill.

• Locked thread