Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
hmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:snoop:Anidapostin':snoop:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I'm going into town for supplies. I will take my wallet this time. And a coat, it's colder now (4pm) than it was last night (8pm).

I might check the thread when I get into town.

I stand by my statement earlier:

Zetsubou-san posted:

a strong a candidate as any

##vote Tirade

I just want a bit of heat to put on tbk at this time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
As weird as Tirade is, I can't shake the feeling that Gaspy wouldn't make a team where two of the scum simply didn't fit in with a hyperactive and sensitive town involving the crazy good problem solving talents of Bifauxnen and Matthew Beet.

I'm thinking about who the third scumbro is more than the second and if it's tbk then :shrug:

I'll still vote for Tirade though but if he's town then I trust nobody.

##vote Tirade

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Tirade (3): Birdstrike, Zetsubou-san, Zetsubou-san, Bifauxnen, Anidav
thatbastardken (1): Zetsubou-san

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Tirade

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 31st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 42 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Auspol hushed, votes not rushed.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I will probably end up voting for Tirade. I am pretty sure Anidav isn't scum, because lol no scum team would bus Coq instead of Anidav. Zets and Bird both strike me as silently scummy, as does tbk, but tbk's always got that vibe to him.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
yeah I can't help but come across as scummy, it's how I roll.

anyway I voted Tirade yesterday and nothing much has changed in my opinion about him since then.

##vote Tirade

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

although that puts us at hammer and we have like 5 hours so ##unvote until later.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
*has pro-town position on both lynches so far*

*is silently scummy*

lmao

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

*has pro-town position on both lynches so far*

*is silently scummy*

lmao

You've been getting super defensive whenever anyone so much at looks at you.

##vote Birdstrike

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Tirade posted:

You've been getting super defensive whenever anyone so much at looks at you.

##vote Birdstrike

:birddrugs:

##vote Tirade

and yes,. I know this puts us into hammertime

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm happy to lynch Tirade, he was acting shifty on the sky coq lynch, totally forgot about that yesterday

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I might be around to drop the hammer, going to a gig and reception might be spotty.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Y'all are p. stupid but I guess I called it on myself for sticking my neck out on d1. It's role light, not straight vanilla - I'm a cop.

n1: Bif - town.
n2: tbk - town.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

##unvote

interesting

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

Hmmm.

:snoop:Anidapostin:snoop:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Tirade posted:

Y'all are p. stupid but I guess I called it on myself for sticking my neck out on d1. It's role light, not straight vanilla - I'm a cop.

I'm real glad I pulled back my vote now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mad max was pretty loving cool.

Well there's only been 26 posts since I last glanced at the thread around lunchtime so that's quieter than I expected. Well I'm probably the post count filler around here.

Tirade posted:

So well, poo poo. The two people I have been suss on was Tirade since day one and growing suspicion on tbk after his, what I presume was humorous *rattle rattle* back at me yesterday which for some reason seems really out of style for tbk from my experience / perception.

Having a power role might explain the differences I've observed in Tirade's game, but I don't know if I can take the claim at face value just yet. Outing yourself as a cop in a role light game is pretty risky if scum, you'd think another would counter claim. So I can believe that I guess, with no counter, but we don't know if he's paranoid.
If i had to apply some meta on the game I'd suggest that gaspy wouldn't make Anidav scum because the pregame made Anidav look like a certain lynch, so if he was any thing id say he'd be 3p.. No, you can't build any reasonable sureties on that, let's just call it my hunch. I had hunch is based on anidav also feeling a bit out of character / normal play style than usual.

Gut feeling I guess.

Zets? I literally just placed a game with him where we were both scum so gamblers fallacy makes me think he has to be town, which is of course dumb. He also appears to be posting completely differently.

Mith? Probably moving up my list because my quick thread catchup hadn't given me anything else yet. Gonna have to read her posts and Birdstrike posts.

Birdstrike, I dunno, I can't read him. See above.

Bowmore : the sky coq vote was a good one, but seeing as he won our last game as 3p I'm not going to rule out anything with him, even if it's leading a bus on your scum bro day 1. Remmeber everyone the only verified players are the dead ones.

Anyone else?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

although it is interesting that Tirade and me were the highest threat rating in Bifs early effort post, and he clears Bif and me if his claim pans out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

although it is interesting that Tirade and me were the highest threat rating in Bifs early effort post, and he clears Bif and me if his claim pans out.

well that's the sticking point in my head, i'ts too neat. like it'd be a great gambit to out your scum bros as a cop claim.

buuuut then you have to confront the fact that how would scum know there's no cop and that it's safe to claim? they wouldn't, therefore, the claim must be legit. so the only thing left is whether the investigations are corrupted or not. normally you'd test a cops data to verify, but you can only do that on a lynch and usually that'd only be a scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Tirade can explain your d1 Mith gambit any further?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

if his claim and sanity pan out he clears at most one of you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Given the vanilla heavy nature of this game I'd be surprised to see a bastardised cop as one of the few roles

BUT I mean I can't rule it out I guess.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Given the vanilla heavy nature of this game I'd be surprised to see a bastardised cop as one of the few roles

BUT I mean I can't rule it out I guess.

it really depends on how gaspy roles games. he could completely randomize it. x roles cop. roles to determine sanity. 70% sane, 15% insane etc etc.

from memory he does both, he randomises a lot of it but also cherry picks some things, eg. anidav being the paranoid cop was cherry picked i think. hence my thoughts on him this game. if anidav rolled scum gaspy would have realigned him or given scum something else to make up for what looked like a solid d1 scum lynch (lol anyway)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

well that's the sticking point in my head, i'ts too neat. like it'd be a great gambit to out your scum bros as a cop claim.

buuuut then you have to confront the fact that how would scum know there's no cop and that it's safe to claim? they wouldn't, therefore, the claim must be legit. so the only thing left is whether the investigations are corrupted or not. normally you'd test a cops data to verify, but you can only do that on a lynch and usually that'd only be a scum.

if all the scum are vanilla, and they see all the town flips so far being vanilla, they would be reasonable to assume that there is no cop to counter claim.

say the remaining scum buddy checks out, put another town in there to curry favor, sit back and let town do all the fighting until it's too late.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ahh i'm getting off topic.

1. Anidav
  2. Bifauxnen
  3. Birdstrike
  4. bowmore
  5. Matthew Beet
  6. Mithranderp
  7. thatbastardken
  8. Tirade
  9. Zetsubou-san

So with who is remaining. For arguments sake lets remove the cop and clear investigations:

1. Anidav
  2. Birdstrike
  3. bowmore
  4. Matthew Beet
  5. Mithranderp
  6. Zetsubou-san

I'm going to take myself out of that list for obvious reasons. You're all grown up and able to make your own opinions however.

So from the remaining list I have

1. Anidav
  2. Birdstrike
  3. Bowmore
  4. Mith
  5. Zets

I'm gonna go look at the day 1 coq blocks again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

if all the scum are vanilla, and they see all the town flips so far being vanilla, they would be reasonable to assume that there is no cop to counter claim.

say the remaining scum buddy checks out, put another town in there to curry favor, sit back and let town do all the fighting until it's too late.

Are you putting this forward as probable?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

Why did you say this?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

explain how?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

Why did you say this?

the possibility of a godfather

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

Are you putting this forward as probable?

until an actual role flips, yeah.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I'm almost positive there was at least one scum on Kat's lynch, too.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

I've only seen day one discussion become useful when the first lynch hits scum.

Zetsubou-san posted:

"Anidav seems to be playing odd, considering everybody is gunning for him" :v:

"Oh well, let's lynch this lurker instead!" :yayclod:

##vote Zetsubou-san

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp,

##unvote

Faking cop sounds pretty nuts. Probably best to roll with it assuming his investigations are legit for now (allowing the possibility of a godfather) and see if he can narrow it down more tonight.

Unless it's so light there's no doc to save his rear end but then hey, guess we'll get his claim verified!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

the possibility of a godfather

Zetsubou-san posted:

until an actual role flips, yeah.

if there's a godfather, there's a cop. so both of your propositions can't be equally possible. so why are you trying to put forward equally conflicting theories? both of which ultimately have you throwing doubt on the cop?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
At this stage I don't believe that 2 scum would bus another on D1 in a 13 person game. Those odds just aren't good.

That leaves at least 1 scum in Zets, Bif and Tirade. Very interesting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

Tirade can explain your d1 Mith gambit any further?

I was kinda surprised that you all read into it as much as you have. I was going back through previous mafia games, I've got an idea I'm kicking around for using d1 shitposts for late-game scumhunting and wanted to see whether the theory held on previous games. Mith gave anidav some advice in one of the games along the lines of "don't lie" but then made a point of saying she literally never lies even when she's scum. So I figured I'd ask her the question directly :)

And then a whole bunch of yas started flipping out as if I'd made some crazy play.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

Wait what? How does that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

At this stage I don't believe that 2 scum would bus another on D1 in a 13 person game. Those odds just aren't good.

That leaves at least 1 scum in Zets, Bif and Tirade. Very interesting.

sorry im getting sleepy. what's this venn diagram of voting. where are you pulling those three names from?

• Locked thread