Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

zets, so who do you think now then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I didn't mean to ignore it.

Zets: is a little bit different from his usual scum routine. I don't know whether that's because he's trying to avoid detection--usually he hides behind some kind of fun roleplay--or if it's because he's just not used to playing as town.

The cop claim: I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two roles in this game. I've got really nothing to add to what's been said, but mainly that it would be a bit silly to fakeclaim cop when you can just claim vanilla town and that's just as credible. I would like to give Tirade the benefit of the doubt.

you didn't mean to ignore the biggest even to happen to town today. a cop claim. and apparently two clear investigations. and then a page of discussion.

it just... happened?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hey Anidav, why did you pick Birbstrike over Zetsu?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

you didn't mean to ignore the biggest even to happen to town today. a cop claim. and apparently two clear investigations. and then a page of discussion.

it just... happened?

Mithranderp posted:

Wow, I go have a nap and this happens.

I wasn't ignoring it as such, I just didn't have anything really useful to add and had literally just woken up so, do with that what you will.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Matthew Beet posted:

so in that case, what do you think the best option is? you can't just outright ignore it.

hmmmm

if we don't test it we're just going to have the same arguments tomorrow (unless something interesting happens overnight)

testing it requires attaching some brass fittings and voting for a suspected town. Decided who is going to be a tough choice.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Tirade posted:

Because his name is shorter and my phone battery is low.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

lol

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

scumlist

Tirade or tbk
Bif or mith
birb
beet
anidav
bowmore

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

that is a pretty poo poo reason Anidav

inventing phone issues again, are we?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

hmmmm

if we don't test it we're just going to have the same arguments tomorrow (unless something interesting happens overnight)

testing it requires attaching some brass fittings and voting for a suspected town. Decided who is going to be a tough choice.

um no. that's not the option i was thinking of..

Anidav posted:

:what:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Hey Tirade, why are you voting Birb over Zetsu?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

because it looks worse for Tirade when I flip town? :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I believe Zet offers more to the conversation so far and Birb is whitenoising more but not by much.

This has been a very silent game of mafia and not too many people are loving up.

I would laugh if it was an all vanilla game and no one could counterclaim Tirade.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

because it looks worse for Tirade when I flip town? :v:

lol, well cops still lynch town, they're not infallible. but i'll pay that.

but seriously, he's asking anidav why he joined in on his own vote like it was odd.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Even Anidav could smell something wrong with COQ...

And...something going on with Kat?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I believe Zet offers more to the conversation so far and Birb is whitenoising more but not by much.

This has been a very silent game of mafia and not too many people are loving up.

I would laugh if it was an all vanilla game and no one could counterclaim Tirade.

what do you think zet's has brought to the table? i see birb actually breaking down some analysis of the vote on day 1, hardly white noise.

Anidav posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

seriously if that's the case there's no real defense for it, so you gotta just roll with the info you have.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

lol, well cops still lynch town, they're not infallible. but i'll pay that.

but seriously, he's asking anidav why he joined in on his own vote like it was odd.

I don't really think it's that outlandish to ask someone why they're voting the way they are, even if they're voting the same way as you. Sometimes you want validation that people are picking up similar things to you.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

hmmmm

That seems really dumb. If you're wrong we lose 50% of our "likely town" bloc, and I doubt I'm gonna live through the night so that pool isn't going to be expanded.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sorry, I'm still catching up on a phone on less than 10%.

Should my vote go elsewhere?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

oh wow

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Even Anidav could smell something wrong with COQ...

And...something going on with Kat?

yeah lynching kat was obviously a mistake, but the way she was posting really didn't help her cause. relevant, when you're town and they're zeroing in on you, don't make it all about yourself. keep scum hunting. as soon as you ramp it up and just, 'flail' was the word i used last night, people kind of go 'wtf is going on here' and you rail road all discussion and pretty much guarantee you're gonna get lynched. from memory i don't think i've actually ever seen kat do that as town which is why i was certain towards the end she was scum.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

hold phones

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Fair question, I just haven't shifted my vote from where it was before I roleclaimed.

The most I had on Birb was that they seemed a bit panicky. At this point I intend to vote for Zets. My shitlist is currently Zets, Birb and maybe Mith.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

That seems really dumb. If you're wrong we lose 50% of our "likely town" bloc, and I doubt I'm gonna live through the night so that pool isn't going to be expanded.

i have some thoughts on this which i wont expand on so as not to point out to scum who the pro lynch would really be, but yes, i completely agree that testing the claim by lynching a supposed town is a very bad idea and it isn't helping my assesment of zets at all when the obvious answer was "give the claim the benefit of the doubt for now and move on".

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

i have some thoughts on this which i wont expand on so as not to point out to scum who the pro lynch would really be, but yes, i completely agree that testing the claim by lynching a supposed town is a very bad idea and it isn't helping my assesment of zets at all when the obvious answer was "give the claim the benefit of the doubt for now and move on".

*pro lynch i meant pro night kill

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I don't really think it's that outlandish to ask someone why they're voting the way they are, even if they're voting the same way as you. Sometimes you want validation that people are picking up similar things to you.

i wasn't saying it was outlandish it was just a question when i saw where tirades vote was allocated, but it didn't come across as a confirmation / validation of ideas either.

sometimes questions are just questions

*rattle rattle*

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

Fair question, I just haven't shifted my vote from where it was before I roleclaimed.

The most I had on Birb was that they seemed a bit panicky. At this point I intend to vote for Zets. My shitlist is currently Zets, Birb and maybe Mith.

Man

I'm always on everybody's shitlist.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Sorry, I'm still catching up on a phone on less than 10%.

Should my vote go elsewhere?

hey, screenshot your phone with status bar showing and post it. ta.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

i wasn't saying it was outlandish it was just a question when i saw where tirades vote was allocated, but it didn't come across as a confirmation / validation of ideas either.

sometimes questions are just questions

*rattle rattle*

oh I read your question wrong :v:, I'm an idiot. I thought you were saying that Tirade's question was odd. nvm

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

nevermind, I thought anidav said something D1 that he didn't actually say.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

hey, screenshot your phone with status bar showing and post it. ta.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

move on to what?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

move on to what?

someone who isn't possibly a cop.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

Man

I'm always on everybody's shitlist.

It's more a process of elimination than you posting like scum. I'm ranking zets and birdstrike above you fwiw.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Mithranderp posted:

someone who isn't possibly a cop.

hmmm

I never said we needed to test the claim by lynching Tirade.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol i didn't expect you to and wasn't going to hassle you either.

but i must say that font is a crime.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

It's more a process of elimination than you posting like scum. I'm ranking zets and birdstrike above you fwiw.

why birb?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

I wasn't really worried, I'm just sick of being on multiple people's lists, every single game

Zetsubou-san posted:

hmmm
I never said we needed to test the claim by lynching Tirade.

Lynching someone who he's investigated, even though both of them have come back as town? Even with the possibility there's a godfather, that's not a very smart idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I like the font.

You should be happy my battery is low, it means I post less.

• Locked thread