Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That sort of planning is a very Matthew Beet sort of planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm confused, there is something off going on, I have to think, someone screwed up somewhere, I have a ~feeling~

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The only person still alive who didn't vote Coq on D1 is Tirade.
Assuming that he's right about himself and Bif, it means that two scum agreed to reduce their number by 1/3 on D1.

It would be gutsy play but massive, massive risk imo. I can't imagine Coq being too happy about it in the scumdoc unless they just thought the final votes would switch into Anidav.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This thread is too silent for town to win.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

This thread is too silent for town to win.

Chill out there's like 10 hours till hammer.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No. Because when it hits 3 hours to go we'll get served a potion ending in another town lynch.

Silence is the song of the defeated.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey I made a complete accident with the kat lynch but Tirade voting then Mith last night just killed of what I was trying to say mid conversation. Didn't like which way it was going Mith? I'll come back to that later and repost what I wrote last night but couldn't post due to threadlock.

Birdstrike posted:

If anyone cares I actually find Tirade's results less believable with TBK being night killed.
Letting him be able to have 3 potential confirmed town in a 7 player setup is a huge risk for scum if he's real.

Yes! This! It has me completely doubting the cop today as a result of this. Risking a cop to be a live when we've only had vanilla flips we are now meant to believe there is a cop and a role blocker.. I don't like this.

Mithranderp posted:

hammering a half hour from deadline is not a rush.

Mid-discussion is you dunce. Especially when Bowmore said earlier he'd be back before deadline.

Mithranderp posted:

loving lol

as if the scum would have killed Tirade, letting him live is a great distraction.

speaking of which

##vote Birdstrike

I dunno, leaving a cop alive is too big a risk. Unless he's not a cop.

Does him claiming roleblock make any sense to you birb?

bowmore posted:

My first instinct is that scum would kill a claimed cop right off the bat

but if they have a roleblocker it makes more sense that they would kill one of the cleared town and just roleblock Tirade so he's still a lynch candidate today

Nah I don't think so. Town has one cop and scum have possibly a god father and a roleblocker, yet we've only flipped vanilla? Something's not right here.

Even the night kill target- TBK. What does killing TBK give us? It tries to make Tirades claim of cop valid. No, they didn't kill the cop, they roleblocked him and just happened to kill one of his investigations. Yeah, that's not planned at all.

As we circle the drain I'm leaning towards Tirade and possibly Bif. Both started of the game odd, both have been called on it and we've all gone on to ignore them both.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

No. Because when it hits 3 hours to go we'll get served a potion ending in another town lynch.

Silence is the song of the defeated.

your posting seems deliberate and forced this game. games where you've survived day 1 and i've gone "oh he's just being anidav' and you've turned up town, i can't do that this game. This game reminds me of your nurse one. I still think your 3p.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Here was what I was going to post last night in response to Mith saying she had a 'gut feeling' zets was town, but her and tirade closed the thread off while I was writing it and finding the relevant quotes.

------------------------

Mithranderp posted:

I don't, I literally said "I get the feeling".

"get the feeling he just might not be used to playing town."

sorry to be a pedant but imo that's different to "i get the feeling he's town"

you also said:

Mithranderp posted:

Zets: is a little bit different from his usual scum routine. I don't know whether that's because he's trying to avoid detection--usually he hides behind some kind of fun roleplay--or if it's because he's just not used to playing as town.

which again, you're 'feeling' he's town whilst simultaneously thinking he's trying to avoid detection and not playing his usual scum routine.

and this morning you said:

Mithranderp posted:

I will probably end up voting for Tirade. I am pretty sure Anidav isn't scum, because lol no scum team would bus Coq instead of Anidav. Zets and Bird both strike me as silently scummy, as does tbk, but tbk's always got that vibe to him.

so you've gone from thinking zets is scummy, to he's town over the course of today based on? he didn't do anything except vote tirade, unvote, vote tbk, unvote, then argue with me about god fathers and cops which you apparently didn't really read about or comment on.

--------------

So that said, I have no clue atm. I don't like the 'roleblock' and cop claim and investigation kill, I don't like the mith hammer, i don't like mith feeling his town when her first post of the day had him as scummy and he's done nothing that warranted that change in opinion, well from my perspective anyhow. This was all from last nights conversation, just wanted to put it out there and cbf really following up this afternoon. Maybe again tonight.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I can't provide any reason for Tirade being roleblocked related to my character.

Roleblocked also seems like an oddly specific claim in what was to yesterday a very vanilla heavy game. It doesn't quite fit with my recollection of how Gaspy would report night results.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like I can see a flipside of killing tbk. If they kill the cop they possibly validate two town players. if they kill his investigation it doesn't completely verify him either. but if one of them was a godfather they would want that person to look clear and remove the risk of keeping a cop alive

idk. just throwing thoughts out there. lunch time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't think Gaspy would have said "you were roleblocked" in a result PM. I think he would have said something like "your action failed" and left it to the player to consider.

From this Tirade could have said "I tried to investigate Bird and it didn't work for some reason" but he specifically said roleblocked.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

your posting seems deliberate and forced this game. games where you've survived day 1 and i've gone "oh he's just being anidav' and you've turned up town, i can't do that this game. This game reminds me of your nurse one. I still think your 3p.

I've told you what I am and who I am. Throwing Anidav 1.0 shade on Anidav 1.4 is simply an outdated play.

Nurse? Mate I gave you a screenshot of my phone. Everything I've said about myself has at the very least been partially validated.

I simply don't see a third party in this game which seems to be the most basic of setups.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Does roleblocker plus godfather seem like overkill against a town cop in this setup?
If so this might clear Bif if Tirade has been truthful.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think Gaspy would have said "you were roleblocked" in a result PM. I think he would have said something like "your action failed" and left it to the player to consider.

From this Tirade could have said "I tried to investigate Bird and it didn't work for some reason" but he specifically said roleblocked.

Gaspy didn't say roleblocked, the response was "your investigation was unsuccessful. Assuming that I was roleblocked seems a fairly safe conclusion.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tirade posted:

Gaspy didn't say roleblocked, the response was "your investigation was unsuccessful. Assuming that I was roleblocked seems a fairly safe conclusion.

What if I commuted?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

What if I commuted?

Then say so?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lol are you a commuting survivor?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
No I didn't commute. I'm just saying that the existence of a roleblocker is an assumption rather than a fact at this stage.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Going off into the weeds a bit, but could there have been two scum on the Coq vote if Anidav is the roleblocker? Once it looked like one of them was going to be lynched either way, sacrifice the vanilla scum?

I'm trying to figure out a scenario where there would be two scum on the D1 lynch and where Tirade is straight up for town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

No I didn't commute. I'm just saying that the existence of a roleblocker is an assumption rather than a fact at this stage.

Jesus Christ, fine. Do you have any other theories that might have caused an unsuccessful investigation? You know, other than those you immediately rule out?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

Going off into the weeds a bit, but could there have been two scum on the Coq vote if Anidav is the roleblocker? Once it looked like one of them was going to be lynched either way, sacrifice the vanilla scum?

I'm trying to figure out a scenario where there would be two scum on the D1 lynch and where Tirade is straight up for town.
I was thinking about that earlier

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
people got behind my SKY COQ lynch really bloody easy, it took almost no effort for the lynch to swing that way, should look at the early voters

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike are you trying to fling theories at the wall to see what distracts us the most?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tirade posted:

Jesus Christ, fine. Do you have any other theories that might have caused an unsuccessful investigation? You know, other than those you immediately rule out?

I haven't ruled anything out except my causing the investigation to fail. My theories though are either you were roleblocked and have been truthful, or you are lying about being a cop.

My reasons for thinking you're lying relate to you not being an NK target, me thinking that there would not have been 2/3 scum on the D1 lynch of the other scum and that you're the only player alive who wasn't on that lynch (if we accept that Bif's overkill vote counted).

If you were roleblocked though that might be a reason why a vanilla scum was sacrificed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anidav and Beet were in the first few to switch without hesitation :tinfoil:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Birdstrike are you trying to fling theories at the wall to see what distracts us the most?

No I did that in my only scum game (Big Game Queue), it didn't work. I learn from my mistakes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There hasn't been a counter claim so I'm leaning towards believing Tirade right now

if this is all vanilla game then there won't be a counter claim, but mods usually tell you if the game will be all vanilla so idk

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

Lol this is a hard yarn you're trying to spin here for no reason.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

I was just responding to birdstrikes theory

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but you sound like you are getting real nervous straight up

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

bowmore posted:

Voting to save his own skin is a time honoured Anidav tradition though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmm. Birb's "what if I commuted" bit didn't sit well with me, just confirm what you can at the time already. But I'm quite glad he pointed out that I should be cleared IF Tirade is truthful.

That doesn't clear him with me yet, though. It sounds like a very helpful townie to say, but in a way that could still benefit scum. If Tirade is telling the truth then I can be cleared with you guys, but a Scumbirb could probably coast by a little longer while you lynch me or Tirade, or at someone else other than Birb, to try and find that out. If Tirade is lying, a Scumbirb has nothing to lose by pointing out this useless hypothetical.

I don't know yet though if this enough to make Birb the sussest one of the bunch, though. I'll try to get in a good effortpost when bub's in mega-nap mode. Not too many people left to look at so I'll do a more indepth review.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I've told you what I am and who I am. Throwing Anidav 1.0 shade on Anidav 1.4 is simply an outdated play.

Nurse? Mate I gave you a screenshot of my phone. Everything I've said about myself has at the very least been partially validated.

I simply don't see a third party in this game which seems to be the most basic of setups.

Me throwing mud on everyone and seeing what sticks is beet play day 1 through to day 100. You're doing this narrative thing again. Reminds me of your 'team silent' stuff you've pulled.

You're also being overly defensive for "a nothing."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I actually proposed coq first I think, you raised it, i reminded you I did and we voted accordingly. So techincally you were one of the early followers :smuggo:

Also a technicality I didn't switch. I hadn't voted that day before I voted Coq. My vote was on anidav from the day before the game started. I guess you could class that as a vote.

So your theory is that scum decided to bus coq when there were zero votes on him and when anidav was three quarters of the way to a lynch?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

god stop biting at everything. you must be on the right hand side in your avatar, where i've incorrectly assumed all this time that you were on the left.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (8): bowmore, MysticalMachineGun, Anidav, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Bifauxnen
Anidav (4): Matthew Beet, Those On My Left, Zetsubou-san, Kat Delacour, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Those On My Left, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, thatbastardken, Tirade, thatbastardken, Bifauxnen
thatbastardken (1): Anidav, Those On My Left, MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun, Anidav
Those On My Left (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Bifauxnen (0): bowmore, Birdstrike, bowmore, Birdstrike
bowmore (0): Tirade, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Tirade

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

This is the vote count for D1. Anidav got up to 6 votes at one stage. If we believe Tirade, 5 of those votes were from townies.

I just don't see why the scum would throw Coq under the bus unless Anidav was worth saving. If he wasn't they could have easily bussed Anidav instead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

people got behind my SKY COQ lynch really bloody easy, it took almost no effort for the lynch to swing that way, should look at the early voters

It was day 1 at this stage, I don't think we had any real alternative did we?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

I just don't see why the scum would throw Coq under the bus unless Anidav was worth saving. If he wasn't they could have easily bussed Anidav instead.

Yep I just said the same thing and I agree with you.

Unless it's the long con and they've planned to sacrifice a scum bro on day 1 but that's inherently risky play and to be honest, theres' only two people in this game right now i think would attempt or could pull that off and that's bif or bowmore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Birdstrike (1): Mithranderp
Mithranderp (1): Anidav

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, bowmore, Matthew Beet, Tirade

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours, 23 minutes.

• Locked thread