Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

dscruffy1 posted:

My vote yesterday was pretty much a throwaway but I still have nothing on Gulag except for he's got a lot of white noise and a knife. The day 1 theory of "hmm maybe scum are saving their knives to use at the end" is becoming more and more likely and I don't like it. What's worse is that hardly anyone has interacted with him which is weird for both town and scum. He must be doing something to communicate if he's not posting with town and there's no masonry SOOOOO. Every vote has been jumping on a wagon.

Also I don't know why Ixt is all over my balls but whatever.

##vote GulagDolls

What is this post even saying except:
1. My vote yesterday was unimportant! Please don't look at it too hard;
2. Obvious speculation about vig:
3. No one is talking to Gulag, so I guess he is scum because?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

To be quite candid,

lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm here. Hello.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

idk what you're laughing at, footnotes are candid as hell

They're like pocket-t-shirt casual

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Look Under The Rock posted:

Were you just waiting around for someone to drag you into the game?

Nah, I was here for about two minutes then he posted that and I responded.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yeah, idk. It is a dumb clause and I would have ordinarily edited it out before posting.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

idk what you're laughing at, footnotes are candid as hell

They're like pocket-t-shirt casual

Pocket t-shirts are gross. Please don't ever wear a pocket t-shirt.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Pocket t-shirts are gross. Please don't ever wear a pocket t-shirt.

Dear LiveJournal,
I think I own a pocket t-shirt dress but not an actual pocket t-shirt. And the pocket on the dress isn't even big enough to hold a pack of cigarettes. It's a decorative pocket, but pockets on shirts are ugly. I don't understand but I bought it for a dollar so it doesn't make sense to complain, right?

Quid I just gotta say I like your square-as-a-Ford-Windstar style, your footnotes brighten my day even if they are basically the least candid way to post.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe we should

vote scruffles

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

maybe we should

vote scruffles

Who was the dude who voted Pinmom last night and then voted Scruffles when he realized Pinmom vigged a scum day 1? I think we might should vote that guy.

Scruffles wouldn't be a bad dunk though.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Keane, if you'd been here yesterday we could've murdered scruffles then but you had to go and not be here.

##vote scruffles

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Who was the dude who voted Pinmom last night and then voted Scruffles when he realized Pinmom vigged a scum day 1? I think we might should vote that guy.

lmao.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

lol was it you? I'm reading back to figure it out but I wondered if anyone remembered off the top of their head.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Actually, that vote makes me want to kill Pmom.

##vote pmom

yup it was you

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

lol was it you? I'm reading back to figure it out but I wondered if anyone remembered off the top of their head.

Maybe actually read the game some time, what you said isn't even what happened. How many times do I have to address this, goddamn.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i was thinking about stabbing pmom until i read back too

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

Keane, if you'd been here yesterday we could've murdered scruffles then but you had to go and not be here.

##vote scruffles

I thought I was here yesterday but I guess not.

Sorry.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote dj scruffles

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm okay with scruffles I guess.
##vote:DrScruffy

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Maybe actually read the game some time, what you said isn't even what happened. How many times do I have to address this, goddamn.

I'll buy that you forgot but I don't get why it took you an hour to unvote. Yeah Pinmom had a bad vote, but there are a lot of bad votes in the game and I don't get where that one was bad enough to keep voting Pinmom. Meh, honestly at this point? You're more active than Scruffy and this game is dying of apathy so yeah, Scruffy's a better vote than you for now.

I don't like that "maybe actually read the game sometime" thing though. No reason to be so hostile, be cool baby drat

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

fair enough, hard for me to forget someone stabbing scum day one but at the same time pmom has been kinda coasting that for a bit

##vote scruffles

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll buy that you forgot but I don't get why it took you an hour to unvote. Yeah Pinmom had a bad vote, but there are a lot of bad votes in the game and I don't get where that one was bad enough to keep voting Pinmom. Meh, honestly at this point? You're more active than Scruffy and this game is dying of apathy so yeah, Scruffy's a better vote than you for now.

I don't like that "maybe actually read the game sometime" thing though. No reason to be so hostile, be cool baby drat

I don't like having to have the same conversation with 3 people. Also my counterstriking went very poorly today.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GulagDolls posted:

Pintrest isn't a good stab IMO, you'd have to be pretty insane as a scum to D1 vig a fellow scum just to make yourself look good.

I don't think that QPQ is a good lynch still. His arguments may not be to peoples liking but he is hunting avidly.

I also don't care much for the personal arguments of LUTR and MCS again. I voiced my opinion on MCS yesterday in votes.

Scruffles wants to lynch the guy with a confirmed stab which is a bit suicidal of him considering Gulag has made it clear he will stab before he gets hung.

Gonna think for a min then vote.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

##vote: scruffy

I don't know if I will be around near the deadline. I will make it a goal, but cannot guarantee I will be here.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fair enough, hard for me to forget someone stabbing scum day one but at the same time pmom has been kinda coasting that for a bit

##vote scruffles

It's a pretty ballsy play to bus a scumfriend day 1 with a vig. Pintrest do you have balls of steel?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We're really going to turn around and turbo someone with <2hrs left in the day? We're doing that?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

It's a pretty ballsy play to bus a scumfriend day 1 with a vig. Pintrest do you have balls of steel?

I don't think Gulag's argument is that Pinmom is scum, I think Gulag's argument is that Pinmom is playing badly

Opop nice to see you again, do you have a better plan of action?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't like having to have the same conversation with 3 people. Also my counterstriking went very poorly today.

Sorry, and sorry. Let's play a fun game with friends like we're all good buds. Have a cup of tea. I ain't mad.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I don't think Gulag's argument is that Pinmom is scum, I think Gulag's argument is that Pinmom is playing badly

Opop nice to see you again, do you have a better plan of action?

really it wasn't an argument at all, just a statement that i am forgetful and I don't think ixt's vote on pmom means anything

Opopanax posted:

We're really going to turn around and turbo someone with <2hrs left in the day? We're doing that?

maybe if you were HELPING US!!!!!!!!!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opopanax posted:

I dunno man, the only holding me back on QPQ is how he reacted when he was gonna die. I'm assuming that a die the first one to reach the number of votes dies anyway.

Sorry, and sorry. Let's play a fun game with friends like we're all good buds. Have a cup of tea. I ain't mad.

Ya know what, I will.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

I dunno man, the only holding me back on QPQ is how he reacted when he was gonna die. I'm assuming that a die the first one to reach the number of votes dies anyway.

The death mechanic in this game is pretty nervewracking because since it's a plurality, the usual group agreement isn't there. There are votes spread all over the place and three or four is enough for someone to be the day's dunk. So if you're one vote behind the vote leader and you're watching the minutes creep up to deadline, you know that if someone comes in at the last minute and ties you with the person who's led for the last hour, you're dead and there's nothing you can do about it except try to get that one extra vote on the leader so you're two behind. It's a tough way to play, usually if you're an hour from deadline with two votes you can relax and scumhunt, in this game it's like two votes? oh gently caress there's a decent chance it's me.

idk it is weird and I can't parse the last sentence in your post but it could definitely make someone act out of character.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GulagDolls posted:

maybe if you were HELPING US!!!!!!!!!

I am, stab QPQ.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Opopanax posted:

:bandwagon: is a powerful force.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
It's not an awful vote though and at least finally everyone agrees on something.

##vote dscruffy1

Now if only everyone was actually posting/active.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Are we going to pretend that this game hasn't lived and died in the few hours right before the deadline? Almost all the activity occurs immediately before or after the lynch. It's a mistake to pretend that consensus somehow formed and that everyone had their final say at midnight yesterday when the case was originally posted.

You can't "turn around and turbo someone" if there was never any agreement and barely any discussion.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

QuoProQuid posted:

Are we going to pretend that this game hasn't lived and died in the few hours right before the deadline? Almost all the activity occurs immediately before or after the lynch. It's a mistake to pretend that consensus somehow formed and that everyone had their final say at midnight yesterday when the case was originally posted.

You can't "turn around and turbo someone" if there was never any agreement and barely any discussion.

Good point. It hasn't really been the hive of activity that Krem was eh?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I'd say it's lived in the few hours before deadline and died in the 20 hours before that.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Really the hour or so before the deadline is when I am free to devote the most time to the game.

So lets have a look what's going on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

QuoProQuid posted:

It's like a staple of the mafia community though and I've been bitching about it for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Ehh looks like Scruffy just needs a hammer now. Not that it will matter in 40 minutes, but I don't really wanna kill the conversation when the game tends to be at its more active stage.

• Locked thread