Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wit
Jul 26, 2011

Remb posted:

The game is becoming populated to the point of desolating the landscape of resources. There's only 1 NA server, and you can't run 30 seconds from our fortress without stumbling on a random settlement.
Was noticing that too on the euro server, its like loving Glastonbury with the amount of goddamn tents and campfires you're tripping over everywhere. I hope they add some kind of territorial pissing mechanics like sign posts to eventually scare kids off lawns.

Jaroslav posted:

We all play on the US Server. As a euro, i have not found any particular issue with the increased ping
Was worried the ping will end up being an issue eventually, but its hardly a serious business game. Just made "wit" for the yank server, will hop on CTS when I've slowly tree-punched my way from the south west tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Jaroslav posted:

really good work today guys, we managed to build up a whole new base in just a few hours! Now commence making our new home as desolated as our old became :3

poo poo really should have been tedious, wasn't. 10/10 would hold left mouse button down beside trees for hours again.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Xexre posted:

Inevitable goon meltdown in Mumble in two weeks

Overnight fortress implosion in three

Fishing pacts shortly thereafter
Reserved the "tired gimmick worn out" spot on mumble.

Its a game that punishes PvP so hard it makes a non PvP player almost completely (you drop a single item from a stack of maybe 30x 20 slots) invincible and immortal. If you make a huge city and I sneak in, I can just take all your poo poo if its out in the air or being crafted. You can't cook on a fire anymore. I will take it. If you hit me, you turn into a criminal for violence. I can then kill you with no bad affects. A criminal will drop 100% items and clothing. I will die, but respawn exactly where I left off. And do it all over again. Forever, until you pay me off to just....:getout:

I love the dynamic because it has turned a giant PvP open world RPG into leaving post-it notes on the fridge for your roommate to read in terms of passive aggression. We will adapt, or the game will update and we will annihilate.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Deki posted:

Except if you're good at pvp with good gear and guildmates that match the same criteria, you'll never die.

A shame that it'll be impossible for goons to get that coordinated.
I defy you to be good at mouse bashing instead of slow locking and good at pvp with friendly fire, other guild objects around you and monsters that can jump from north to south of you in a move. Also I think we're getting there. Once JimLits guild is filled, REDSHIRTS. I honestly think we're going to have to be traders or mercenaries at some point, people who are just paying attention to not being jerks are getting light years ahead of us and that kind of armed township is creeping up, up up towards where we are from the newbie areas.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Rafzakael posted:

i dont even know what a fishing pact is, i skipped over archeage because wowzers that thread

Also have we even fished once there? Bears agogo and plenty of half assed island kingdoms to raid is what keeps you fat out in Shrek's place.

e: nevermind, fishing pact joke wooshed right over my head

wit fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 8, 2015

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Someone left the gates open
:allears:

He's completely naked and he's not leaving and he won't stop.
This sounds like a 911 call.

Might want to consider moving.
Nah mate. Know why that area is so hosed up? Because we are there. In fact I'm sure every other settlement in the area is saying the same thing. Except about us.

Anyway, if you want to annoy darkfall, try and herd up some pubbies to build up close to their base. Last night we were told that they've been "evicting" other settlements near them because too many people in an area brings too many zombies around their base and wastes their arrows. Or, gently caress it, go red and do the same thing in their base.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

If someone can give me the cords to their base I'd be most happy.

Turns out shes a wee billy no-mates and her guild have all pretty much quit the game so she just does this in every base and has been boring me with a really loving stupid troll manifesto of vengence which can be summed up with

wit
Jul 26, 2011

From a programmer's standpoint, it's infuriating to see that they didn't make guild hall structures as some sort of no spawn zone as long as you're not part of the guild. Put people 500 units outside of the base, eliminates this entire problem.

Or some structure that banishes ghosts, I thought asians were all about that poo poo.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Bring me up to speed on what's happened from last Wednesday onwards. Where are you all now?

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Been a year since I last played due to some fun sucking elements. Whats the game like now? Whats the guild like? Did it veer further or closer to the unfunny hellgrind attempts to be overlords or is it more just everyone being chill? How does crime work now? Is it as broken?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Tempus Thales posted:

yup, but it would be a lot more fun if more goons played because this is another game that we can have fun at the expense of getting laugh's out of everyone else's tears.

Like the example above. It's been a month since Jimlit and I desecrated their farm and they are still butthurt. :boom:

Last I played it seemed very cold in game because at least 50% of the pubbie chat comprised of "br" "br?" "br?" "br" Is this still a horrible thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
This thread is making me want to play again so drat bad. If I do should I grind like christ or just head towards you guys?

• Locked thread