Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SirSamVimes posted:

This means that tomorrow you can confirm Pig's claim, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This game has a complicated setup, clearly, so we should probably just ignore it and scumhunt

Vote obstacle

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quandary posted:

This game has a complicated setup, clearly, so we should probably just ignore it and scumhunt

Vote obstacle

are you saying we should vote obstacle or attempting to vote obstacle yourself

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

SirSamVimes posted:

At this point we don't really have much to go on beyond the mass of Miller claims, so it's about as useless as most of the speculation here.

Or here's a thought, ignore it. It's day one. Trying to pick out who you think the scum are based on flavor is pointless, because they likely have fake claims.

I don't know you, don't know if you've ever played mafia, but the key to winning is getting people to post. Ask a lot of questions, get other players to say who they think is scum, and press them for reasons. Scum have to make up bullshit reasons for why people are scum, and the more they post, the more lies they tell. Check their language - are they decisive, or do they hedge when they post and say things like "could be," "might be," "maybe," etc.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Don't be stupid

:ironicat:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Also in this game a no lynch offs a lurker, which is Cool and Good. It'll be better later on though, because right now we need information more than anything and a lurker lynch (lurker no-lynch?) is bad for giving info

See, he gets it.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

This means that tomorrow you can confirm Pig's claim, right?

Well ideally.

Mostly I just have fun being a mason.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

See, he gets it.

I am a she, thanks

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

I am a she, thanks

Yeah well that trombone is pretty phallic.

My bad :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

...?

This is my first time with forums Mafia. I've done the super simple in person version, and the Starcraft 2 custom map (which is really good) but I have no idea which roles from that carry over to this. That post was saying that if the Mason Recruiter claim is accurate, the person who volunteered to be converted to a Mason would be able to confirm the Mason Recruiter claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

poo poo, I forgot that I'm not supposed to edit. I added the second sentence immediately after posting. :(

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

poo poo, I forgot that I'm not supposed to edit. I added the second sentence immediately after posting. :(

Well you're basically ok as long as it doesn't show a timestamp that you hosed around with post at X time.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, ninja edits are generally ok, you just gotta be careful. Usually it's best to not chance it and just quote the post and add/fix whatever you needed to in that post

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was hoping that would be the case.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok Obstacle is posting without contributing anything worthwhile and his only vote so far is absolutely terrible. Obstacle, do you still think TT is scum?

Obstacle2 posted:

I'm nexus, if that helps anyone.

>:-(

quote:

The only people that seem reasonably scummy are the ones who are trying to convince us with these weak rear end claims.

please tell me who you specifically think is scummy by trying to convince us with these weak rear end claims

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kill yourself idiot

(In game)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So are all forums Mafia games this boisterous? Because if so, I should probably start joining mroe. :allears:

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

SirSamVimes posted:

So are all forums Mafia games this boisterous? Because if so, I should probably start joining mroe. :allears:

That is my thought exactly. Trust it to HotS to be the thing that brings me back to mafia after 10+ years (used to run mafia games on a neopets discussion forum, because I am exactly that geeky).

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This game is actually relatively tame in that no one has even ragequit yet

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yeah well that trombone is pretty phallic.

My bad :(

The "chick" bit is the clue. :downs:

Chic Trombone posted:

Jedit ain't new

And a lot of scum players like to push the fact that I'm not good on Day 1 to get a cheap mislynch. So when I'm Town I often get lynched early, and I almost never get NKed because I'm a suspicion magnet.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Holy poo poo, my Moehog! I haven't fed him in -

[checks watch]

11 years!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

SirSamVimes posted:

I've had a few games (Final Fantasy mafias, to boot) where I've gotten into some pretty heated arguments with dudes. It only gets fun when people start getting angry. Of course, if they somehow stay coherent through it all, they're either town, or your mafia buddy on a clever ruse cruise taking everyone for a ride.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

It's all fun and games until someone posts their role pm to the thread, storms out, and eats a gun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How boring. If you're going to ragequit, it should be done in a manner that causes as much chaos as possible.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

It's all fun and games until someone posts their role pm to the thread, storms out, and eats a gun.

That sounds familiar... like some of us saw it recently....

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woah, you saying someone actually killed themselves over forum mafia?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

imgay posted:

Woah, you saying someone actually killed themselves over forum mafia?

I hope not :( as someone who plays mafia as a form of therapy that idea really fuckin bums me out

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Only one of these things may not have happened.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Only one of these things may not have happened.

We did have no less than 3 people suicide in Krem.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

How boring. If you're going to ragequit, it should be done in a manner that causes as much chaos as possible.

This is how I normally play Mafia without ragequitting. :angel:

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

As in outside of the forums?

Yes, we play HOTS most evenings together.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

please tell me who you specifically think is scummy by trying to convince us with these weak rear end claims

Taste, which is why I voted for him. Also the guy that you said was on your scum list.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My claim is reasonable and I haven't even told you the interesting parts

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think taste is trying to convince us of anything tbh so I'm still skeptical of your reasoning here

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Obstacle2 posted:

Also the guy that you said was on your scum list.

>:-( >:-(

##vote obstacle

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Okay, it is 1 day and 1 hour to deadline. I should be asleep; instead, I am staying up to finish my final portfolio for clinical microbiology. But that's just a front.

The real reason I'm still up is to yell at people and call you all idiots because nobody is posting.

Everyone needs to post a top 3 scum picks and vote for their number 1, otherwise I'm just going to act like a real douchebag and not even care.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

I think at this point unless there is real traction on some kind of vote, we're not getting anything new until night falls. people've even forgotten about #millegate, apparently ok to let that play out. I don't see anything worth discussing until someone dies or something happens. Then again, that may be the birthday alcohol talking.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

happy birthday :)

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

happy birthday :)

Thanks. It technichally isn't until Saturday but I'm going out of town with the husband for a long weekend, so my friends wanted to get me shitfaced tonight.

gently caress, I feel old. Is 27 old?

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Illuen posted:

technichally

this is a difficult word to spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Illuen posted:

Thanks. It technichally isn't until Saturday but I'm going out of town with the husband for a long weekend, so my friends wanted to get me shitfaced tonight.

gently caress, I feel old. Is 27 old?

not yet!

• Locked thread