Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

vainman posted:

TJ Grant got a job at a Saskatchewan mine and he's never coming back

Wow, I had to look that up and it's true

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1290410-ex-ufc-title-contender-grant-takes-job-in-saskatchewan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Technically my local fighter is Sarah Kaufmann, but I never believed in her.

It could be worse, my friend was making a living shooting various promo videos for raves and DJ's, which lead into a side business of doing embedded style video blogs for a fighter. He ended up following kajan johnson around for a year.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

So Aldo got randomly tested by the NSAC, he used the wanderlei defense, and eventually called the brazillian commission, whose president is the doctor that used to prescribe and grant TRT exemptions. All of a sudden, the nsac guy applied for the wrong visa, which is "business" instead of "work" and the sample got thrown down the drain.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/11/8769211/ufc-189-jose-aldo-nac-random-urine-sample-discarded-nac-collector-work-visa-mma-news

Nothing shady there!

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Eventually, but the orginal defense was to be baffled that anyone might want to collect your urine at all, and GIVEN that I can't read this paperwork, maybe it's just some freako perv collector of urine operating under the illusion of authority!!! Then he chose to run away.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Rosenthal is a convicted criminal, there might be code of conduct regulations against him returning; even if there wasn't, there is all downside and no upside to reinstating him in regards to people who have the ability to make that decision. Internet message board fans like him as a ref, but you know how much that counts for.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

It's a shame barnett is coming off a loss and a long layoff because I'd like to see Barnett/Werdum before either is 40.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

The chuck liddell victory lap ends in tragedy btw

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

I think werdum being unable to control his werdum face from a young age led to his career as a cagefighter way before he got triangled on a beach by his girlfriend's former lover.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

http://imgur.com/DpCuwhG

Bendo has plans for 170!! Guess who isn't part of them

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

He didn't. But he also writes for bleacher report, so he basically cosigned on lesnar/carwin being untalented fatties swinging at each other.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

I agree; I was only trying to mock lobstermobster for saying jack slack's sole fault was in failing to be more like bloodyelbow.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Watching all of robbie lawler's fights should be mandatory for psp. Pete Spratt has a leg kick tko on him.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Street Horrrsing posted:

http://imgur.com/DpCuwhG

Bendo has plans for 170!! Guess who isn't part of them

I'm going to be obnoxious and quote myself because I think it's hilarious how bendo praises jesus for his every victory, but when it comes to earning a belt at 170, he's #visualizating about how #hardwork makes it happen.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Perhaps click on the link to see bendo's tweet?? Or are his christian leanings unknown to you.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

I will still defend jon jones and say that him not fighting on zuffa's timetable doesn't make him a pussy human being afraid to face Glover Teixeira and it's pretty despicable to run to the media to extort him into changing his mind.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

fatherdog posted:

It was Chael, not Glover. Jones had every right to refuse to fight a mediocre middleweight who hadn't been training on short notice, and Zuffa had every right to call him a wuss for so doing.

I was actually referring to Jones deferring the glover fight to attend his brother's wedding. In retrospect, it could totally have been about coke and hookers. Regardless, at the time, that wasn't public knowledge, and it would have been equally scummy to run to the media in order to pressure mighty mouse, ronda or weidman to fight.

Edit: or nate diaz

Street Horrrsing fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 23, 2015

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Indeed a fighter's machismo is in no way correlated to his drawing ability. Good point bundt. Look at mexican boxers

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Is there a GDT for the fights in six hours. Or are we already mourning for machida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Only if we can talk about Rich Franklin

It's insane that Machida was Inoki's pet project, and for his third fight, he matched him up with a 14-0 Rich Franklin, 11 tko's and the rest submissions. Machida KO'd him in the second round.

• Locked thread