Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hasnt he hit a bunch of women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i think boestch is pretty good. hes a bona fide brute and has shown some clever wrinkles at times in the forms of slams, a really cool uppercut technique, and a gameplan that went against his strengths to beat Lombar

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

iirc that is the only leg kick bj ever successfully checked

ya

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
just read some articles about drugs in cycling until you read about how some athletes cant stop moving because their blood will thicken and they will die

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/4/8725153/donald-cerrone-wont-wait-ufc-title-shot-challenged-michael-johnson-twitter-mma

I hope this comes to fruition because both these guys are almost overdue for a title shot

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think Ronda could probably out wrestle Guida so yeah, she could give Pettis trouble.

do you really think she could

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

Cain vs Arlovski is marketable and would be a worthwhile win on Cain's record

Maybe people would watch it but its not worthwhile

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
And the idea of Cain having Arlovski and Mir on his record is horrible, imagine the horror if two cain fights actually get wasted that way

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
IMO Cain should have to fight Junior until hes permanently damaged Junior enough that another challenger can get a win against Junior to earn a title shot

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
This is the part of the movie where the white hero (cain) and the brown hero (junior) stop working against each other and join forces . Its time to put them in the octagon a let the rest of the division try and knock them out

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I accept that Arlovski is getting a title shot but that's all I'm willing to do. Don't ask me to do more, because I won't

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i think it depends on alvarez. Gilbert can survive and even look good in a fight where the other guy and him are both outside fighting , but im not at all convinced about him protecting his head against someone who is really coming for him. Alvarez definitely has the chops, power, and the predisposition to put the kind of pressure on melendez that I don't think he can handle, but Alvarez does the aggression thing to the point that he's very vulnerable to getting knocked down, possibly even by Melendez pitter patter.

so I dunno if Gilbert can score some knockdowns while Alvarez is terrorizing him I think he might get the decision, id probably even say that's likely, but I think theres a good chance Alvarez can take him out

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Alvarez gets hurt a lot more than Melendez because of hurling himself into his opponent's fists, but he's also a much more dangerous finisher and he throws a much wider variety of punches. He's definitely undersized at 155 but Melendez is a chubby featherweight anyway. I doubt either guy is going to have an easy fight of it unless the ref gets hasty when Alvarez inevitably gets clipped early.

has melendez ever fought anyone who will just bull rush him like Diego did in the third? he had absolutely no answer to it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

Am I misremembering? I remember those two standing there trading, but Diego missing everything due to gil moving his head slightly and gil connecting all the time. Until that one shot that put gil on his rear end.

seems like some other posters made points about how I was wrong. i dont really wanna watch the fight so i cant really respond to anything because my proven poo poo memory is all im going by

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Tezcatlipoca posted:

^^^ A Russian came out of nowhere and held him against the floor near the bite size Milky Ways while he looked pleadingly towards the lady.

Yeah but Joe Rogan was yelling a lot therefore

I don't know what to believe

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

minoru suzuki posted:

are there any openly gay male fighters in ufc

jon jones

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

MA-Horus posted:

Conor now has ammo if he loses. I don't think there's any way in hell UFC will cancel the fight even if Aldo DOES pop, the money they're going to make is going to be obscene.

Theres no one at fault here except nsac

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
pederneiras did their job for them

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Jose Aldo posted:

Fight, pee, it’s the same thing to me.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
now im rooting for werdum

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Absolutely. 100%.

To completion

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if the ufc ever lands a proper new york venue, I will eat my dick

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Trast posted:

I am going to be really sad if Werdum pisses hot now. :smith:

Im sad you digressed from the topic of Potato in the Anus sucking his or her own dick but thanks for keeping it about penises and what they do

Unless you meant you would be really sad because Potato in my Anus would have sucked his own dick already before learning too late after he'd already sucked it that the result of the fight had been changed to a no contest and he had sucked his dick for no reason, when he didn't have to

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 14, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna expose my ignorance but why was Cain known as a cardio machine? He only had three fights go beyond the 2nd round and only two go the distance

everyone gassed against him because of the amount of damage he did and the pace he kept., and he never gassed

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

I thought he gassed in the 2nd JDS fight but he beat up Junior so badly it didn't matter. You're allowed to gas when you beat the poo poo out of a guy relentlessly for 3 rounds.

I do feel like elevation or no elevation Werdum would be able to withstand Cain's cardio and be the fresher fighter in the championship rounds. JDS can beat Werdum but he's gonna have to fight a really smart fight.

Werdums on fire right now for sure.I don't know what to make of his chances against Cain and JDS or Arlovski right now. Obviously they're pretty good. He's been inconsistent in the past, having some laughably bad performances and looking kind of hopeless letting things slip through his fingers like when he was on the cusp of a title shot and got KO'd by one of the greatest KOs ever. Now hes probably going to have to fight Arlovski, then Junior, and realistically? Cain again next year if Cain's legs stay together. Its by far the hardest time ever to hold on to the HW belt. Werdums got to get by two guys who have already beaten him, plus hes got the gypsies curse that comes with beating cain, where you have to fight him two more times and give up 2 years of your career and 10 years of your life.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

The chuck liddell victory lap ends in tragedy btw

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if slacks so good how come no one ever brings up any points he makes.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the onyl thing I remember was how he explained that barao got beat to the punch and i already noticed that

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

The altitude probably had an effect, and the 2 year layoff with knee injuries probably had a big effect too, but I think he still wouldnt have gassed if it werent for things that Werdum was doing. for instance always going for the plum clinch when Cain pressed him against the cage which meant he could never relax and go for that underhook control that he loves to do, which takes less energy to control guys with being usually the shorter fighter. And also hitting Cain with jabs and straights whenever he reset after a combo, since a big part of Cains ability to set the pace is his rhythm and Werdum hosed it up by jabbing him in the face every time he threw a leg kick or a cross and tried to reset out of the gap. And also Werdums BJJ being good enough that even when Cain took him down into side control (!) he couldnt get any work done, whereas against basically any other HW it wouldve meant he wouldve spent the round leg riding the guy and beating him up while making him carry his weight

So basically i think the altitude was an issue but Cain on that night was still probably good enough to beat any HW other than Werdum, and its tough to say whether or not a Cain with slightly better cardio would have beaten Werdum that night

youve brought up the point before regarding lots of tape being available making it easier for guys to gameplan. maybe the jds fights helped inform werdums tactics that youre talking about

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I dont know anything but before GSP had his big leg injury and layoff, he was an ideal cardio machine. then when he came back he got tired wrestling nick diaz. Im sure its not that easy to come back from years of keeping your body in a certain condition then nosediving into being a couch potato

I remember a sean sherk quote that was something like it takes five years to get true cardio

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Its hard for gilbert to have exciting fights, because hes in them

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

just watched a highlight reel :barf:

Same reaction I had to yours

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Aldo didn't fade as hard as he used to in his past two defenses. I think he's figured out his cut more and maybe doesn't put on as much muscle in camp. He's always going to tire in the fifth because he puts out decent output with vicious power, especially with kicks, but I don't think we'll ever see a repeat of Mark Hominick getting a near 10-8.

Hominick was amazingly fast at that time and although Aldo had the edge on him striking, I think anyone would have trouble keeping up with Hominick and getting almost as good as your getting for four rounds. I don't think its right to treat it like Hominick didn't make the difference with his awesome performance.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That was his famously bad cut wasn't it? Where he didn't to the prefight press conference and all of that. Aldo also wrestled more in that fight than in almost any other besides maybe Florian.

of course the story became his cut was so bad but i dont think thats really what happened. Hominick was forcing him to exchange a lot and landing, just not as well as Aldo. Aldo got tired and wound up underneath lamas without having to work nearly as much

Shumagorath posted:

One thing I remember about that fight was Aldo slipping more punches than I've ever seen done in MMA.

he had to work his rear end off

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

I will still defend jon jones

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
A hard to understand point about something I don't remember, interesting. Remember the time he was in a drunken car crash involving a child? No, the other time.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Its wrong to call someone a wuss is something that adults tell five year olds

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Believe me, I do

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Uh oh we disappointed the Irish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

EmmyOk posted:

Does anyone think MMMMDMDMMj/Dodoson II will go any differently?

I guess it depends on how you would characterize the first fight. I don't think Dodsons going to repeatedly knock DJ down but who knows

• Locked thread