Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Where is God? Where is God? God is dead and the Reebok corporation has killed him.

what if they don't let him put jesus on his shorts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what if they don't let him put jesus on his shorts...

Pretty sure Reebok has better lawyers than god these days. The catholic church is certainly paying out more money than them right now.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Wwjd? Cut his hair funny

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jesus Verbally Tapped

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Magny vs Maia at UFC 190

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

The Duck of Death posted:

Magny vs Maia at UFC 190

good luck to the good man, Neil Magny

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the name of that MMA podcast you guys were going on about a few pages back?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Magny? We hardly knew ye!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that was one of the matches I was calling for and I think it's gonna be interesting, but unfortunately for the Mag Man it's only a 3 rounder. Maia should be tough as hell for the first round or two like he usually is. Magny's gonna either finish it in the 3rd or not at all and lose a decision

UFC 190 is a pretty decent card now if it holds up.

Ronda fight, Nog vs Shogun, Nog vs Struve, Mag vs Maia.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

What's the name of that MMA podcast you guys were going on about a few pages back?

The co main event?

http://www.comainevent.com/

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Nog vs Shogun in the year 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In an interview Joanna Champion said she doesn't think she could beat Ronda. So modest :3:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't think it's modesty as much as a frank, objective assessment of their respective skills. granted, very few fighters possess the ability to do this.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Ronda is a terrible match up for an incredibly undersized volume puncher. I think that's less modesty and more realism. It would be equivalent to RDA saying he doesn't think he could beat weidman

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ronda could beat Pettis

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yeah the only recent modesty I've heard from a champion was when Jon Jones said he wasn't sure if he could beat Anderson Silva. That slowly changed over time though until they became friends and exchanged drug testing tricks.

not to say though that Joanna isn't a cool person and a good champion for UFC.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I can't believe that a UFC title is gonna be defended on Fight Pass, especially since Joanna Champion could get over quickly with fans on a high profile Fox card or something. Though maybe the UFC thinks that an eventual Gadelha rematch would end up in a title change anyways.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Modesty was a poor word choice. I meant it was nice to hear an honest answer and not a "I can beat anyone on this planet in a given night"

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

I can't believe that a UFC title is gonna be defended on Fight Pass, especially since Joanna Champion could get over quickly with fans on a high profile Fox card or something. Though maybe the UFC thinks that an eventual Gadelha rematch would end up in a title change anyways.
UFC didn't plan on it. Originally it was supposed to be Gustafsson vs Glover on the Fight Pass card and then Gustafsson pulled out. So they needed somebody to appeal to a European audience as a headliner.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

More exposure would be nice but they can add it to her highlight reel regardless. I think Penne, who somehow had worse striking than Carla Esparza on TUF, is gonna be in big trouble.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

1st AD posted:

To be fair, this was a replacement fight when Gustaffson got injured. The original main was Gustaffson vs. Teixeira. The existing co-main is Kawajiri vs. Siver, and the rest of the card is practically filler.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I just hope that Joanna Champion will still be allowed to wear Air Jordans after the Reebok deal goes into effect :ohdear:

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Sara McMann vs. Amanda Nunes just got added to UFN Nashville, per UFC.com. Looks like her callout worked.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Ronda could beat Pettis

Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think Ronda could probably out wrestle Guida so yeah, she could give Pettis trouble.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I hope Joanna Champion commits the first murder inside the octagon

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think Ronda could probably out wrestle Guida so yeah, she could give Pettis trouble.

do you really think she could

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Duck of Death posted:

Magny vs Maia at UFC 190

Think Magny takes this. Maia has slowed down a whole lot recently and facing someone as aggressive and fit as Magny will be hard for him.

If Magny does win they should match him with Brown.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bundt Cake posted:

Listen I'm an idiot but I'd like to think I'm not that big of one.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

i assume all 'ronda could beat (anyone in the ufc that is male)' are trolls

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bean Fried posted:

To be fair, this was a replacement fight when Gustaffson got injured. The original main was Gustaffson vs. Teixeira. The existing co-main is Kawajiri vs. Siver, and the rest of the card is practically filler.

Yet somehow Mr. Finland still gets relegated to the prelims. It's even cost him the respect of his teammates.

https://instagram.com/p/3rMUZ9ySwc/ (:nws: language)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Marching Powder posted:

I had a Phil Harris joke ready but I looked it up and apparently he's retired so carry on

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Marching Powder posted:

She would beat up Bryan Caraway

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was googling edible hats for some reason and came across this

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

Seltzer posted:

The real important thing here is that Kenny Florian will be doing color commentary on the battle-bots reboot.

Running through this 100+ thread and I expect this will mean the most to me. That's kinda awesome.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
So, for some reason UFC.com is listing Uriah Hall replacing Derek Brunson in UFC Berlin (last fight listed, which often means most recent one announced). I've no idea wtf. It almost feels like an error.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

pettis is a fantastic grappler but also he is physically weak as poo poo and pillow fisted and flattens himself out against the cage all the time. he should easily beat ronda but i wouldn't count out dr haircut from losing any fight due to stupidity

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The minute she got hit with a punch she'd die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

1st AD posted:

The minute she got hit with a punch she'd die.

i'm sure that's true if she fought someone who could punch

• Locked thread