Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

i honestly don't give a poo poo about anything but playing dress up. social equality isn't my crusade. it's all about fashion.

that's why i hate games where clothing items are gender locked also

TWEWY was ahead of its time. The dudes just had be brave as all hell to walk around in the purple bikini or maid outfits. Though clothing sadly was not reflected in the sprites, even as a generic sprite per brand.

And speaking of, where the hell is TWEWY 2 Squeenix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Hell I kinda want to play Splatoon.

Do it it's good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Can't wait for the FPS that has a level where you're running through the towers as they collapse so you can retrieve the plane's black box and prove that Kevin Spacey knew

A controversial level where you plant the thermite for the controlled demolition because jet fuel can't melt steel beams. The hidden collectibles in the level are loose change.

At some point during the mission you shove someone out a window for even more controversy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The SNES was a good time for JRPG monster sprites. Decent enough resolution for a lot of details, but not so much that they went overboard on overdesigning them.

BOF2 still has some of my favorite sprite work.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dark Souls? More like Jumped the Shark Souls, eh fellas?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I go back and forth on Fusion, though never as far as to say it's anywhere near a bad game. It has its faults like a mediocre story told poorly, limited exploration, and by far the two ugliest suits in the entire series, but it also has some great stuff like the SA-X, and I'll give it a lot of credit for being willing to at least change the setting visually, even if it's still fire area, ice area, water area, etc.

It's basically the usual Nintendo formula of finding the solid functional core of a game and keeping that intact, but varying around it. Like Zero Mission would still have been great as just a retread of Metroid 1 with later games' improvements, but they also added the post-Mother Brain part and the fairly gutsy move of almost entirely depowering you for the zero suit segment, which ended up being the most memorable part of the game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

I remember getting pumped about it because i was feeling disillusioned over the wii being "the weak console with bad graphics" and then here comes this game with pretty okay graphics... and that's the last i remember of conduit.

ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations are on Steam sale :getin:. I'm hoping my laptop can play them fine, but it can run new vegas on ultra high settings or whatever the highest is without issue so we'll see.

Don't give Ubisoft money.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When are they going to make AC: Ron Paul, since he is the embodiment of the assassins' ideals?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Great Joe posted:

I don't much care for the compositions that go into a lot of Nintendo games (there's exceptions like the galaxy games), but I have a lot of respect for just how much care they put into fitting the soundtrack to whatever's going on screen. Dynamic soundtracks are Good, and Nintendo is king of those.

What was rhe earliest dynamic soundtrack, outside of JRPGs for obvious reasons? Earliest I can remember is Total Annihilation.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 14, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This owns.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Instead of splatting, I grilled some squids yesterday. I don't think I grilled them long enough, because it was still chewy when I ate them.

You're neither kid nor squid. You're just a monster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

It's weird because some of them were not only well designed for the movement limitations, but also had great rewards, both loot and visuals. Others were pretty terrible, especially with the camera, like the shark cave in the wolf/moose zone.

Though the dungeons were just bad and obviously created for old school mmo players.

I think the dungeons were less created for old school mmo players than something they just put no real effort into and still haven't for the most part. The only ones people run unless they need a specific dungeon are the ones where you can skip like 90% of them or in some way trivialize a fight. Like yeah people are going to try that regardless, but that still indicates a pretty major design failure.

One of these days I'd like to see an MMO that has some respect for people who play solo, but that's never going to happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda.

It's between Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, definitely. Wind Waker had some of the best set pieces in the series and is incredibly charming though, for sure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Because Nintendo thinks everyone are braindead toddlers, Skyward Sword is even worse with forced tutorials.

To be fair, if the Valve developer commentary on their play testing results is to be believed, Nintendo might be right.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I haven't played Awakening since I was in grade school and so hardly remember any of it. Why is it so well regarded? Nothing about it is particularly standing out in my old man memory.

Also I liked the stealth segment of Zero Mission, and largely because it wasn't an instant failure if you get caught.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 21, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zelda 2 is the best knife fighting simulator ever made.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone used Lady or Trish in DMC4SE yet? I'm a little worried they don't really feel like complete characters. Vergil will probably be fine I'm guessing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

hello games posters. if i only want to play one platinum game to get a feel for the style/combat/etc. which should i choose? ps3 titles only please

I'd say Bayonetta, but the PS3 version of it is apparently terrible. Vanquish, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

All of the lesser Persona waifus exist only to accentuate the superiority of Mitsuru-senpai

P4A Mitsuru, I assume.

• Locked thread