Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The lack of worldwide simultaneous release remains baffling, but I guess it gets me Strike Back a month or so early.

And apparently the next three episodes are already On Demand... if you have Sky and live in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wow, the internet actually failed me. Despite the first four episodes being available on demand I can only seem to get the vaguest spoilers about what happens. Goddamn it brits, post online! :colbert:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Episode 2 was a big jump up from the premiere, I thought. While the premiere was largely concerned with the ticking clock and therefore didn't have time for much character work, this episode starts to lay out what the season will be exploring later.

And I cannot wait.

Also, I was getting serious Sleeping Dogs vibes from the first episode and felt kinda terrible since Thailand does not equal Hong Kong. And then I just saw that they cast Wil Yun Lee in a major role. So goddamn giddy.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy poo poo, there's a wok in the boat. That's amazing. I love how the show does all the stupid silly poo poo but tries to earn every inch of it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Here be spoilers. Does she at least go down in a fairly heroic fashion? If she's going to die, please have it be because she's a soldier, not because she's taking ride on the Damien Express.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Spoilers for Ep 4 - She went out a soldier. And this show has always loved a good death - usually right around this point. The blonde in the first season and Dalton last season - I think Sinclair was killed off around the midpoint of season two.

Anyone want to binge the next four episodes on demand so I can gauge expectations accordingly? Keeping them in Thailand for four episodes didn't really work for me - and I agree that this season has felt much more broad than I was hoping for.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

FSBeh!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Goddamn that was fun. So happy FSBeh is back.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

No idea if it aired, but it is up on all the usual "places." cough cough hack wheeze.

Some pretty great stuff in it. Definitely sets up one hell of a finale two-parter.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If anything, the whole "chase the baddies around the globe while they build a weapon" is riffing on season two, the one with all the game of thrones dudes.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I found this last season kinda uneven, but the finale managed to work well on several levels. Pretty much everything in the latter half of the season with Locke was some of my favorite Strike Back material ever.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I was expecting FSBae or Martinez to show up during the finale, surprised they instead went with who they did.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Did we meet the bald friend of Scott's who helped them out before or was he new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Locke got to kill the mercenary bomber, someone objectively worse than Li-Na.

Oh, and that fucker killed his son.

• Locked thread