Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-441o5FCfc

Seems like the previous thread isn't available anymore, so I'm starting a new one. To quote the previous OP...

quote:

The World of Defiance: You're on the Internet, look it up.

The Characters of Defiance: You're on the Internet, look it up.

Previously on Defiance: You're still on the Internet, look it up.
The MMO doesn't seem to have had any content to prepare for season 3 unlike the previous time. Pity, because I really liked the concept. Here's hoping that there will be some content taking place during the episodes.

Looking forward to seeing the show again. It's the only current sci-fi show that I'm following, and glad that it's getting a third season.

Baron von der Loon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I am really looking forward to the new season. :D More Datak and Stahma, please!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

hollylolly posted:

I am really looking forward to the new season. :D More Datak and Stahma, please!

Goddamn I'm ready for more Stahma own zone.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A bunch of new shows on Syfy this year. More than I can remember. This is one of the best that they're still airing.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I'm interested to see what's next for Irisa now that she's (presumably) no longer a God-thingie. That said, I'm really looking forward to Datak, Rafe and Stahma on a road trip to save their kids from Evil Sarah Conner.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Reeeeecap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5eL0o6dIE

It's funny how syfy hosed up the date for their own show.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Glad this is coming back, it's a great little summer show. Should be interesting to see how they deal with some of the larger events from the finale.

Like most I am mainly here for the Stahma, Datak and Rafe hour, but I also look forward to Nolan and His Hot Chewbacca continuing to make poor decisions and being kinda horrible people.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

After seeing (them destroy) New York, maybe this will be the year we see Vegas. :allears:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Astroman posted:

After seeing (them destroy) New York, maybe this will be the year we see Vegas. :allears:

With all the rebuilding, it's probably called New Vegas. Figure there could be some fallout.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

kingcom posted:

Goddamn I'm ready for more Stahma own zone.

Hells yeah.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

johntfs posted:

I'm interested to see what's next for Irisa now that she's (presumably) no longer a God-thingie. That said, I'm really looking forward to Datak, Rafe and Stahma on a road trip to save their kids from Evil Sarah Conner.

Aaaaand now I'm back up to speed on what happened. What happened to the Indogene doc? Didn't we leave her having visions of her lover in an abandond spaceship junk yard or someting?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's a hit or miss show similar to Vikings but worth watching due to the characters/occasional solid episodes.

Datak is also basically awesome space batiatus

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
When does it start? It's tonight right?

Looking forward to the inevitable beatdown...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spaaace vampires!

Also, c'mon, don't touch Nolan's gun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

When does it start? It's tonight right?

Looking forward to the inevitable beatdown...

On now man.

I guess we're gong to get location names this season since everyone is spread out.

Whelp, say goodbye to the McCauley clan.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 13, 2015

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Crazy, murderous, grandma Linda Hamilton really is the best Linda Hamilton.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I really can't side with Nolan and co on this.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

You know, I really can't side with Nolan and co on this.

What? You've never been in the presence of an irritating kid and thought, "Man, I'd love to shove a piece of rebar through that little bastard's skull."

Also, that's a shitload of space vampires.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
African space vampires, eh?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Goddamnit Pilar.

Laughed so hard at Irisa's book, oh my god.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wow this show got dark, gently caress.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lee Tergesen has made a living playing an rear end in a top hat in movies and on TV. He'll be an excellent antagonist this season.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

African space vampires, eh?

Somebody needs to call Jefferson Twilight fast. We're about to have a whole ship of space Blaculas coming down.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
loving TV show idealism causing drama down the line with Count von Count and his daughter.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Combat Pretzel posted:

loving TV show idealism causing drama down the line with Count von Count and his daughter.

Maybe, but figure it's going to be one of the things that saves the town from being summarily eaten when the Omechammer comes down.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Eh, the purple people already drilled a passage to the mines, and their robot thingies seemed to have mined a considerable amount already. Should have killed those clowns.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Best moment in the episode: Arissa groaning and leaving the room when Nolan starts flirting with the Omek lady. He is comically skeezy.

I guess the writers figured they didn't want to deal with the McCauley shenanigans anymore?

Also, in another show, Alak and Sarah Connor would have burst into the house just in time to save Christie. And maybe if it had been someone other than Stahma, they would have hesitated long enough for that to happen. But she made the Stahma call with the information she had, and will now have to settle for ruining Tak's poo poo in the most painful way she and Datak can arrange.

And the Tar family has arranged some painful poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have a feeling that Alak isn't going to accept Stahma killing his wife, though, even if she had limited information and no choice.

Also wow, that escalated quickly.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

johntfs posted:

I knew the actress was the same, but it didn't even occur to me how similar the characters are too until she was giving her life story speech to Alak during this latest episode.

I'm bummed Rafe got killed, he had great chemistry with Datak and Stahma and his shenanigans with both of em were probably my favorite thing from last season.

I hate the purple space elves

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OB_Juan posted:

Best moment in the episode: Arissa groaning and leaving the room when Nolan starts flirting with the Omek lady. He is comically skeezy.

I guess the writers figured they didn't want to deal with the McCauley shenanigans anymore?

Also, in another show, Alak and Sarah Connor would have burst into the house just in time to save Christie. And maybe if it had been someone other than Stahma, they would have hesitated long enough for that to happen. But she made the Stahma call with the information she had, and will now have to settle for ruining Tak's poo poo in the most painful way she and Datak can arrange.

And the Tar family has arranged some painful poo poo.

It's another thing about the show is it has a bleak realistic tone at times.

Similar to how in the last season Tommy didn't get saved after getting stabbed despite nolan desperately dragging him back to town.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

I was absolutely convinced that Stahma wouldn't kill Christie. I figured she was relying on the VC bastard not knowing much about human physiology, and that she'd just winged Christie on the neck in a way that bled a lot but that wouldn't be immediately fatal.

Really I'm just gutted we didn't get to see Christie fully turning into a badass psychotic matriach under Stahma's tutelage.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

well the show actually seems to avoid such happy plot twists like when the mayor's sister got killed by Stahma during the 1st season.

Fans of her character pretty much believed Stahma really had sent her away and let her live since it was the happier outcome.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I look forward to when the general goes to the Stahma Own Zone.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kesper North posted:

I look forward to when the general goes to the Stahma Own Zone.

He's already in it, he just hasn't found out yet.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Jesus that was insane. I can't wait to see which main cast get killed next week!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

That was a pretty great episode. Kinda surprised that they just straight up murdered the McCauleys off. I'm hoping Stahma and Datak will avenge them viciously. If Alak has to die for that then all the better.
I'm not gone on the purple aliens though. Seemed like they came out of nowhere. Makes me wonder if they had anything to do with that other race that showed up in the pilot episode (the Volge?). And apparently they created the Indogene?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still kind of irritated that the one girl killed a little kid and Nolan just kind of hand waves it away with "he was provoking her." They really needed to lean harder into the idea that they make the deal or die and show Nolan and/or Amanda unhappy with the situation.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

I'm still kind of irritated that the one girl killed a little kid and Nolan just kind of hand waves it away with "he was provoking her." They really needed to lean harder into the idea that they make the deal or die and show Nolan and/or Amanda unhappy with the situation.

I got the feeling that Noloan was looking at the purple girl like she was Irisa 2.0 a little bit. I still love that Nolan is absolutely lethal when it comes to people threatening his child.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazy space mom is actually sarah connor, she prevented judgement day, only to have the earth mostly get destroyed by aliens instead of a genocidal AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gonz posted:

Lee Tergesen has made a living playing an rear end in a top hat in movies and on TV. He'll be an excellent antagonist this season.

General Tobias Beecher owns. He will be so good this season I can feel it. I loved that he saw through their poo poo right away.

lol killing off a bunch of chars. :rip:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 13, 2015

• Locked thread