Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

ChogsEnhour posted:

Was President Eden always a Liverpool fan or is that a mod?

edit: Has anyone done a Scouse mod where everyone nicks everything that isn't nailed down and everyone has a perm and a muzzy?

You'll never walk alone, huh?
Get hosed, Lone Wanderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halwain
May 31, 2011
Haha the Fallout 4 preorder is already a top seller in steam.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Blue Raider posted:

this game is going to be poo poo that was poo poo out of an rear end, shoved back in the rear end, and poo poo out a second time

Hmmm

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

sout posted:

You'll never walk alone, huh?
Get hosed, Lone Wanderer.

[Pickpocket %75] "Calm down, calm down."

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Spaceman Future! posted:

and there is nothing about ghouls re-enacting bunker hill that would be even mildly out of place in fallout, the game where people are sad that a retard dialogue option is missing. You just wanted to do some weird nerd monkeycheese diss and are super bad at it was my point, the last game ended with a giant atomic robot storming the ruins of washington DC yelling about communists. Get over yourself.

Yes but that game was bad, unlike the other games which were good

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Ahundredbux posted:

I killed at least two dogs the first time I entered Nipton

Vulpes Inculta wears a dog hat, so I think he counts as a third.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I like Fallout but 3+'s overindulgence on '50s Americana' as a big theme is something I think they can lax a bit on.

If they were stuck in weird 50s culture because they didn't invent some computer chip then that also has implications for the culture of other places, Britain, the rest of Europe etc and they can easily build something different with that while maintaining big links to the fallout universe.

Also I don't know when 4 will be set but I'd expect it to be around the +200 years ballpark still. I think the reason for that is the Nuclear Winter lasted a hell of a long time. There's a log in New Vegas where some guy lives for about 50 years and can't go outside because of the winter so sits in his cave vault and dies. In terms of when post-apoc civilization started its probably around +100 years after the actual war.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

MisterBibs posted:

Whatever you define as 'Good Story Telling', it sure as hell didn't make New Vegas better than 3. Sympathetic but mundane good guys (NCR), unsympathetically evil guys (Cesar) fighting over a low-scale/low-impact thing (Hoover Dam). Yawn.

Compare to walking behind a giant gunmetal Optimus Prime, shouting anti-communist slogans, throwing nukes like a football, against remnants of the US Government, in order to purify the water for the entire east coast of the setting. loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqIVxEpQEms

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
*rubs eyes in disbelief* H-holy poo poo! A new Fallout game that doesn't have some horrible green/orange colour filter over it!?

FlightyMcWenis
Jan 22, 2005

Yaos posted:

Edit: OML, read the comments, everybody ripped the post apart and really hammered on the things we know are true now.

Man if everything else she says is true then this is a depressing piece of news. Behaviour Interactive for the unnumbered game? The loving Wet guys who co develop movie franchise tie ins? Why not a team that makes RPGs?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

FlightyMcWenis posted:

Man if everything else she says is true then this is a depressing piece of news. Behaviour Interactive for the unnumbered game? The loving Wet guys who co develop movie franchise tie ins? Why not a team that makes RPGs?

"Because RPG's don't make money, see? The kids these days want action! Explosions! A bald, white good guy who saves the day, nyaaagh. We tried that 'roley-play' poo poo with that vegas game. Only got an 84 on the critic site. We learnt from our mistakes, see? It's a story about Liam Neeson trying to save his kid, people love that, right? Now s'cuse me, gotta put the squeeze on some goombahs." *lights a cigar with a 50 dollar note*

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ChogsEnhour posted:

"Because RPG's don't make money, see? The kids these days want action! Explosions! A bald, white good guy who saves the day, nyaaagh. We tried that 'roley-play' poo poo with that vegas game. Only got an 84 on the critic site. We learnt from our mistakes, see? It's a story about Liam Neeson trying to save his kid, people love that, right? Now s'cuse me, gotta put the squeeze on some goombahs." *lights a cigar with a 50 dollar note*

Fallout: New Taken

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

sout posted:

I really hope it's bullshit, because No Girls Allowed would be pretty dumb.
Also, there's very little evidence that we even get to customise the character: which I guess wouldn't in reality be that big of a deal but would still be lovely.

These weeks of speculation are going to be unbearable.

It's to be speculation until e3 which is the 17th.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bleusilences posted:

It's to be speculation until e3 which is the 17th.

Watch E3 just be a bunch of trailers.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I thought both Fallout 3 and New Vegas were kinda poo poo, New Vegas especially was a buggy mess and incredibly uninteresting. This trailer looks like poo poo and does nothing to convince me that FO4 won't be equally disappointing.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So wait, isn't Boston the place with perfect robots that look like people? And all your character's supposed memories are of a past so distant as to keep them safely out of your current life? Sounds like some Blade Runner shenanigans.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Why haven the folks in charge of character animation improved in technical/artistic skill for over a decade / not been fired yet?

I will still play this game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
why boston?

DC was the capitol and had historic landmarks.

vegas was cool cause of the elvis crew and the mr house story.

there is nothing interesting or likeable about boston.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Romes128 posted:

why boston?

One of the big problems with AC3 really.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait to see te number of animations compared to the few we had in FO3. Favorites such as: hand on hip, crossarms but occasionally extending a hand, looking up while still looking at you

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Romes128 posted:

why boston?

actually boston is extremly ftw sorry

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Romes128 posted:

why boston?

Boston's about as interesting to me as DC or Vegas was, as in not at all. I doubt most people give a poo poo about some uninteresting yank 'landmarks', they're here for the post apocalyptic action and story. Also lol elvis

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

MinibarMatchman posted:

can't wait to see te number of animations compared to the few we had in FO3. Favorites such as: hand on hip, crossarms but occasionally extending a hand, looking up while still looking at you

looking forward to "autism stare" when in dialogue

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Carrier posted:

actually boston is extremly ftw sorry

I like to think that Bethesda hired arrogant Boston douchebags to voice and model for the raiders while they were photographing the city.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've been to Boston and the historical part of the city with the winding narrow streets that have been around since the 18th century would be really neat for a Fallout town.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Theta Zero posted:

Watch E3 just be a bunch of trailers.

E3 is one of the few instances where game journalist actually do something.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Bleusilences posted:

E3 is one of the few instances where game journalist actually do something.

pass the trailers on to us, the salivating consumer horde

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Patrolling this thread almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Actually I meant to go in QA and ask softball questions.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sharzak posted:

Patrolling this thread almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter

This is the thread I deserve.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mackintosh posted:

Some of that is probably true, some an educated guess. It doesn't look like F4 is using a brand new engine, and if it is, it seems to be heavily reliant on its immediate predecessor. We'll know when they release gameplay footage. It's crazy to speculate purely on a basis of a reveal trailer.

some of that stuff will be true by virtue of the fact that its a fallout game

i mean no loving poo poo the brohood of steel will be in it, same with the institute

if a person actually lost a job over that non-leak then lol

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

FlightyMcWenis posted:

Yes, btw, did you know Fallout 4 won't be an RPG either?

I mean, have you seen any RPG elements? I don't think so.

I would also bet it will be completely linear, no dialog choices either.

Now that I think of it, we haven't seen a single first person perspective, so it must be third person only as well.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, THIS GENERATION WILL RUIN EVERYTHING, VIDEO GAMES PEAKED AT THE TIME OF MORROWIND IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM THERE

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They should do that Fallout game set in Florida that got cancelled. I would buy that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

They should do that Fallout game set in Florida that got cancelled. I would buy that.

Same tbh

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Mutant gators and pythons?

I'd play it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
call me cynical but Fallout 4 doesn't look very impressive thus yet

I'm surprised that Bethesda could manage to model a german shepard dog and manage to make it look like poo poo still.

Actually no I'm not surprised.

Although when it is mod friendly it might be interesting, but I will probably suffer the skyrim syndrome whereas modding the game would be more fun than playing it

and skyrim was loving shallow, lets not kid yourselves

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Yeah the fields of weeds and single level strip malls would make an amazing landscape. Just go loot Applebee's #476 for a sweet scope! No not that Applebee's, the one across the street. You could save a fortune on modeling artists.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

call me cynical but Fallout 4 doesn't look very impressive thus yet

I'm surprised that Bethesda could manage to model a german shepard dog and manage to make it look like poo poo still.

Actually no I'm not surprised.

Although when it is mod friendly it might be interesting, but I will probably suffer the skyrim syndrome whereas modding the game would be more fun than playing it

and skyrim was loving shallow, lets not kid yourselves

Hello, cynical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So fallout Oblivion and Fallout 3 were made with the Gamebryo engine, and it's bad at animations and it was already too old when 3 came out, etc etc.. So then Skryim comes out with a new engine, apparently called the Creation Engine, and it looks way better, especially in animations, and all my friends have spent years saying "can't wait for Fallout in the Skyrim engine".

So why does this trailer look like it was made in the Gamebryo engine? I can't be, it just can't be.

Except that This page suggests that yes I'm not crazy and they're going to release a gamebryo engine in 2015. What? Why? What FPS company ever has gone through the trouble of making a new game engine, then go back and release their next game in the previous generations engine? gently caress, gently caress.

I mean, gently caress, I'll play it, and I'll have a good time but...but drat Bethesda, really?

Edit - I mean really I just wanted Bethesda to do the heavy lifting on a Creation Engine fallout so that then the New Vegas guys could make a game from it.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 4, 2015

• Locked thread