Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

The full perk list is very promising? I miss skills and all but it seems like there's no universal SPECIAL dump stat now, just depends what kind of character you want to create. Like there are incredibly useful perks tied to PER and LUCK now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

loving Polygon linked to this piece of poo poo blog alongside that one

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/30/9645834/im-afraid-to-play-fallout-4

This is some grade A goober poo poo:
That piece is nearly as bad as that "Diablo Made Me Get A Divorce" piece on Kotaku.

I think, looking at the perk tree, I'm finally gonna play the energy weapons/science coat nerd I've always wanted to play.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

So this game is pretty likely to have SPECIAL bobbleheads, right? I'm planning my scientist character and sticking myself at 1 under where I'd like to be on each stat.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Effectronica posted:

You improve stats with perks, so every character will have all 10s by the end when you're storming MIT.
That was true of FO3/NV too and I'd rather spend the perks elsewhere. I know there's no level limit anymore but if it takes twenty hours to get from level 50 to 51, that's basically a level limit for me.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Effectronica posted:

On the other hand, given the rest of the perks, you may end up sighing and boosting CHA again because there's nothing more interesting.
Possibly. They're not terribly exciting, but excluding expansion pack perks from FO3/NV, I'm not noticing much difference. They have to do more heavy-lifting with the numbers because skills are gone, but all the "fun perks" are still there.

Some stuff got streamlined, mercifully. Four perks invested in "Demolitions Expert" in FO4 is the same as buying 5 different explosives-related perks in NV.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Crabtree posted:

To be fair, does anyone ever really care to stay with the Bethesda main story for long? They might as well claim their failing as a strength by time sinking on purpose instead of on accident because Shaun's fine.
I didn't even really give a poo poo about the New Vegas main story for very long, and it's certainly not what I remember most fondly about the game (especially not the lovely dam sequence -- really, NV didn't have a good ending until all the DLCs came out & gave an ending to your personal character arc). The game will live or die by its world and side content. Which isn't going to be NV-caliber, but whatever, we'll see how it all goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

frajaq posted:

I think this build is good for pure Energy Weapons/Science/Smart Guy run :science:

Probably glass cannon-y but that's what you have the power armor for!
I'm doing a similar character with some differences:

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=2&p=3&e=1&c=4&i=8&a=4&l=6

Built taking into consideration the highest SPECIAL for the perks I want while considering the existence of Bobbleheads.

So Armorer from Strength, Lockpick from PER, who cares about END, I want Local Leader from CHA so I'll need to put a point there in a level-up, robot hacking from the start of the game, Action Boy & Critical Banker.

If health gains from endurance happen at level-up, min/maxers probably won't want to use endurance as a dump stat like I am, though.

• Locked thread