Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well here we go again. Another game where a character voiced by Nolan North arrives in a ruined desert landscape looking to be a hero only end up making things utterly, horrifically worse for everyone involved.

Good times :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just noticed another disturbing theme here between LPs;

Ke$ha

Kafka

Konrad

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 6, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Dead Space 2, even! Didn't crow notice it during one of Stross' freakouts?

Yeah, Stross looks directly at you, the player, pretty much at the point where he becomes undeniably dangerously crazy instead of ineffectually crazy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5BTet7iuwQ

Happens at 5:40 for those curious.

And for the record, there is precedent for me being a part of the game already and it's only been one video! That "Special Guest - Doomish" opening credit in the intro wasn't added by me in post (Doomish is my steam name)!

Does it do that in the console versions? I can't recall if it did or not when I played it on the PS3, and that is one fascinating detail regardless.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Monocled Falcon posted:

How else do you think bullets get made, a factory?

Vicissitude posted:

They totally do! I saw it in that Lord of War movie. It was right in the beginning and totally realistic. :colbert:

That was one of the things that I really enjoyed about :bsg: was that every now and then they took the time to show you stuff like the makeshift ammunition factories on ships so you weren't wondering where the hell all these people and starfighters got their bullets from when they're marooned in deep space.

...Well, that and Tricia Helfer :pervert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just blast through them in one 20 second video set to Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

How big is a company, anyway? How far are we into wiping out the 33rd?

A US Army company consists of 80-150 soldiers and is commanded by a Captain. The 33rd is a batallion though, which consists of between 300-800 soldiers commanded by a Lt. Colonel, which Konrad is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Alone and on the verge of collapse, Walker searches for his men.

:stare: Jesus, man...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Don't stifle creativity. Let the man scream if he feels like screaming. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

VVV I just think a more restrained approach would suit the game better :shrug:

You do know OatmealRaisin's LP of Spec Op exists, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Well, now that it's over and the jig is up, I can post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzoeQoHwN8

I'm not even sorry.

You have done it. This is the moment you cross The Line. This is what makes you a monster.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

In my first playthrough I went with the ending where Walker survives and gives up his gun to Falcon One. I couldn't kill the poor guy :negative:

That was what I did too. Only I rationalized it as Walker being too much of a moral coward to kill himself or make a futile last stand like Konrad did. So he turns his gun in, goes home and gets to live... with everything he's done.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Someone let me know that the final episode had all of its audio muted completely today and yep it turns out the final video has had its audio muted in all countries. I loving hate Youtube. Give me a bit while I figure out how to get around this.

You should check to see if other peoples videos of the same section of the game have their audios muted and use those as evidence in your appeal. YouTube will still be poo poo though, but at least you'll have made a strong a case as you could to them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I am going to be streaming the rest of FUBAR mode in just a few minutes! It will be very hard and I will die many times. Join me and a bunch of other jerks (poorlywrittennovel, faerie fortune, et all) here!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
http://gizmodo.com/how-to-find-the-best-fanfiction-on-the-internet-1723984681

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

Jesus Christ that firefight.

How many hours does it take you to get through it?

It wasn't hours, it was days. Two days over the span of three weeks. I think there was close to 10 hours of footage. Best of all, in the original LP, CJacobs only feigned going insane. In the FUBAR stream... he actually goes nuts near the end :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Preserve Evil Tim's posts for historical merit. :v:

• Locked thread