Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«493 »
fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Thanks. I ended up pussying out and playing somewhere in France because I'm pretty rusty on how everything works.

If I want to discourage a vassal from joining a faction and he is on my council (and therefore located in my capital), do I send my spymaster to build a spy network in my capital or in the vassal's home province?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

daisy fresh and arrow straight

fuf posted:

Thanks. I ended up pussying out and playing somewhere in France because I'm pretty rusty on how everything works.

If I want to discourage a vassal from joining a faction and he is on my council (and therefore located in my capital), do I send my spymaster to build a spy network in my capital or in the vassal's home province?

If you just set your spymaster to scheme, you get occasional pop-ups giving you different ways to discourage your vassals from joining factions. It seems fairly random, but you can get lucky.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Crow Jane posted:

If you just set your spymaster to scheme, you get occasional pop-ups giving you different ways to discourage your vassals from joining factions. It seems fairly random, but you can get lucky.

But the Build Spy Network action has a much higher "Vassal Discouraged From Joining Factions" percentage so wouldn't that be more efficient?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

STOP BEING EVIL.

I thought I'd take off some of the burden of my recent conquests by handing them off to my son, but for some reason I can only grant a single county to him, and after I grant that county, all I can grant him is the temple within it.

I was planning to slide him either the duchy of Courland or Prussia or both, and I can't hand him anything. Is this something to do with Tribal Government? Or maybe Gavelkind? I've got a couple baby sons I need to deal with eventually, I thought I could maybe try making a vassal merch republic for the other one when he's older. I wanted to sort out my spare lands more before I declared the Wendish Empire, but it's not happening.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 18:45

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

It's Gavelkind. Everyone knows you're trying to pass off your holdings intact and they won't stand for it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

If I hand out a bunch of minor viceroyalties and then give the kingdom they're in to one of them will the major viceroy like, redistribute the minor viceroyalties as he receives them?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

No Pants posted:

I've recommended it before, but Hasan Hashimid is the Shia ruler of Medina at that start date. The royal family of Jordan is descended from his in-game brother, but that side of the family usually dies as your courtiers without anyone noticing.

Mechanically, the duchy of Hijaz is good and in a great location for avoiding expansionist neighbors, and if you can gain direct control of most of your counties while keeping the Caliph happy and avoiding empowering the council, you can really snowball toward doing whatever you want.

The Hashimids are cool but it's also a very difficult start because the religious difference means the Abbasid Caliph will eventually try to revoke all your titles. Falsely converting is basically a requirement.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Honky Dong Country posted:

Go further, Scourge of the Spanish! The inquisition never expects you!

Start as Alania and settle them in their rightful lands.

Hell, I might have to try this myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The Hashimids are cool but it's also a very difficult start because the religious difference means the Abbasid Caliph will eventually try to revoke all your titles. Falsely converting is basically a requirement.

That's true. If you want to stay openly Shia, it's kind of like any other old-timey "hide inside the Abbasids" strat except a little easier because you aren't a heretic or infidel, and you usually have enough time to kiss up to him before he passes the religious revocation law. The first few years are really rough, though.

«493 »