Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kode54 posted:

I loved the one where they announced the first store in China, so now they can actually pretend that Chinese people are interested in paying the Apple tax instead of just walking off the factory floor with product. Or outright stealing their build specs and opening up their own knock-off Apple factory.

Because as we all know, the Chinese are thieves and uncivilized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

vyst posted:

EXCUSE ME TIM WHERE IS THE 50 GALLON DRUM OF LUBE

at his house

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

HOW IS AN ARTICLE ABOUT A FONT BASED ON EINSTEIN'S HANDWRITING ABOUT RELATED TO SCIENCE.

what do you think the laws of physics were written in

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
How are they specially formatted at all? They look like the new fad for articles that has existed for the past two or three years.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AH geez, curated news, so the more you read the more it feeds you things you have a pre-existing bias towards. Nice! They basically made Reddit the newsreader.

I'm sure you would appreciate having a "Are Blacks fundamentally inferior?" Fox News article

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Wait what. Is this a joke specifically at my expense? I'm known for being an android sperglord and buying/returning devices, not racism....

If you're not searching for racist articles, obviously the best way to prevent an echo chamber from developing is to show you racist articles.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Martytoof posted:

Next iPad better have 2GB ram or something because multitasking is going to wreck our poo poo.

The Air 2 already has 2GB of RAM.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

redstormpopcorn posted:

100,000,000,000 app downloads.

What are the odds that includes updates?

They've sold 800 million iOS devices as of last year (and the iPhone 6/+ sold millions), so it might be legitimate.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sue posted:

watchOS, whatever.
What about music subscriptions, Apple? :argh:

Guaranteed they're going to do a "one more thing".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ShoogaSlim posted:

I just want to put songs from my computer onto my phone

This conference isn't for you.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Help Im Alive posted:

Did they say anything about syncing music to your phone?

There was a button for offline saving but I don't know the specifics.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So is Apple Music like Spotify where you can play whatever you want, or is it more like Pandora?

There's a free version that's like Pandora ( look here: http://www.apple.com/music/membership/ ) and a paid version that's basically Spotify.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrBond posted:

Likely not any worse than any terrestrial top 40 radio service it seems to be modeled after.

So nerds will hate it and everyone else won't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Astro7x posted:

If Apple Pay could somehow incorporate my loyalty cards to auto scan/check in when I pay with Apple Pay, that would be amazing.

Tried doing an purchase at Walgreens today and want to still go through 3 different screens for my reward balance and poo poo like that

That's an explicit new feature of iOS 9. It was even demoed onstage.

MrBond posted:

Yeah I agree, from the consumer end NFC payments will basically work and feel the same no matter if the antenna is in the card or in an iPhone or Android, as long as the retailer has the hardware. This is a case of a rising tide lifts all boats too, so just watch out for the silly CurrentC people.

The adoption of new hardware is probably more related to the Credit Card companies going "either support/offer chipped cards or all the liability goes onto you". Businesses have ~5 months or so to comply.

• Locked thread