Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
I'm interested in hearing from both men and women.

I'm a man and if I was going to meet someone then I would just shower, wash my face, moisturize, wear contacts instead of glasses, make sure I'm clean-shaven and make sure I'm wearing a shirt with a collar. I feel like I'm lazy and inefficient but the whole thing can take a couple of hours. It's basically the same thing I would do if I was going to go out drinking with a group of friends at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...
Smoke a couple of camels, find the least mildew scented shirt and clean the cum stain of my cutoff sweats

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I usually shower

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

Green Mind posted:

Smoke a couple of camels, find the least mildew scented shirt and clean the cum stain of my cutoff sweats

Turtle Blogger posted:

I usually shower

How long does it take you?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
i never go on dates

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...

EB Nulshit posted:

How long does it take you?

I tell her to text when she's outside. Then I start that routine. Gotta keep em waiting a bit, moisten that pussy up

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Serious answer: about 50% longer than my non-date readying ritual. Probably takes me about 30-45 minutes in the morning to poo poo, shower, shave. If I were headed out for a date, more in the 45-60 minute ballpark because I'd pay a little more attention to the details.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I'm a woman!

My date-prep routine isn't too different from my normal "going out for the day" routine, but I like to make myself a little fancy from day-to-day. :)

Normal Day - 20-30 minutes before leaving
Take my hair out of its sleeping style, check the weather, put on makeup (BB cream with SPF, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, mascara, lipstick), put on weather-appropriate clothes, decide between my 3 normal pairs of shoes, leave.

Date Day - +30 to 45 minutes the night before, 30-45 minutes before leaving
The major differences take place the night before. Since I'm a before-bed bathing type of gal, I make sure I shave the night before a date, and I spend more time on my hair: since I'm half black and I don't relax my hair, my hair care routine is more involved when I want to look capital-N Nice. I condition my hair under a shower cap, detangle it so it looks nice and smooth, and put it in twists, braids, bantu knots or buns depending on the hair texture I want to have. I might also paint my nails!

Then when I wake up, I'll take my hair out of its sleeping style, check the weather, put on makeup (primer, foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, mascara, lipstick, blush), decide what kind of look I'm going for (pretty? cute? sexy? playful?), decide on an outfit, and then I'll lay out accessories to match the attitude of the outfit. After that, I'll usually style my hair a little with my fingers and hair mist (like hair spray but less sticky), put on a little perfume, decide between 4 or 5 pairs of shoes (depending on the season), and finally put on my accessories and leave.

It looks longer on paper, but in action it's similar to what photomikey said - about 50% longer, not counting the 45 minutes of prep the night before. I guess that makes a big difference!

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
My pre-date routine expands to fill all available time.

Shower
Hair (mine is quite short lately, so this step takes about three minutes)
Face
Clothing round one
"What do I even need to bring a on a date"
Clothing round two
"Fuuuuuuck these tights have a run"
Clothing round three
Jewelry
Shoes

Change poo poo up as time allows, second guess every piece. This whole process takes half an hour, or until the date arrives.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
45 years and counting

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Add cologne, so add 5 seconds

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
There generally isn't a huge difference between my regular routine and date routine. I just make sure to pick one of my better outfits and spend a little more time making sure my hair looks nice. If I have a little acne or something I will cover it up with light makeup. I brush my teeth right before leaving. That's about it really, tends to work out just fine for me.

Edit: I'm female, for clarification

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
I think the most important thing before a date is the poop. You sit on that toilet until you know all the poop is out of your body. That way you know you aren't going to rip any room-clearing farts on your date. Grab a book and just sit there. Sometimes I'll sit there for like an hour, reading, letting my colon and anus take their time. But the result is that I've never worried about having to clench my buttcheeks together in fear of farting and ruining everything- it's worth the time investment!

After the poop I just take a shower and pick out clothing appropriate for where we're going and for the time of year. I often listen to Marilyn Manson's cover of "Tainted Love" on repeat during getting dressed and stuff because one time that song was the last song I heard before going on a really awesome date, so it's my good luck charm.

You might think this post is in jest but everything here is 100% true.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

RangerScum posted:

I think the most important thing before a date is the poop. You sit on that toilet until you know all the poop is out of your body. That way you know you aren't going to rip any room-clearing farts on your date. Grab a book and just sit there. Sometimes I'll sit there for like an hour, reading, letting my colon and anus take their time. But the result is that I've never worried about having to clench my buttcheeks together in fear of farting and ruining everything- it's worth the time investment!

After the poop I just take a shower and pick out clothing appropriate for where we're going and for the time of year. I often listen to Marilyn Manson's cover of "Tainted Love" on repeat during getting dressed and stuff because one time that song was the last song I heard before going on a really awesome date, so it's my good luck charm.

You might think this post is in jest but everything here is 100% true.

this dudes got it figured out

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

this dudes got it figured out
If you read between the lines, he's hoping for receptive anal.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I clean the flat. Even if it's already clean. Even if I have no hope or intention of bringing a girl back, I clean the flat. It makes me feel like a functioning adult.

I never shave before a date - too much risk of cuts, and it fucks your skin up. Shave the night before, maybe two., so you're smooth, but lets your skin recover.

I always iron my shirt after getting out the shower - fresh ironed shirt feels amazing, and again, manipulate your surroundings, control your environment, makes you feel confident.

Be sure to put on boxers before doing the ironing. It's not worth the risk to not.

Then I have a custom date playlist I listen to on the tube, based on excerpts from the Utopia Soundtrack

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Maybe 20 minutes?

Shower and brush my teeth. Trim my beard back, spot shave the spots that aren't supposed to have hair (neck). Hair is easy because I keep it short and it looks good a little bit messy.

I don't use cologne, just old spice swagger deoderant (Which gets me a lot of "Oh god you smell good" comments).

Jeans + Buttonup, socks, shoes, out the door. If I'm already shaved up from the day before I can cut the whole thing to like 10 minutes if I'm in a hurry.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Forever, because I always feel my hair is stupid and I never know what to wear.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I like to clean the apartment up the day before, like you know, it's just a good excuse to make sure your place is clean and presentable, and to look for stuff you miss in day to day tidy up. Then before the date I take a shower, use expensive product to style my hair because thick, curly red hair is a nightmare to tame with the cheap stuff, which can take like 15 minutes sometimes. Then it's the usual poo poo, shave, and freshen up. So like, usually about an hour. If the hair's fussy it can take a bit longer. I'm a dude, for the record

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
1 hour to 1 and one half. I have to wash my hair the day before though because I don't use a hair dryer.

VV supermarket or friends who don't pay for dinner whatever I can do 15 minutes. They don't get make up or contacts

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 16, 2015

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.
drat. I'm female and the whole rigmarole—brush and floss teeth, wash face, put in contacts, shower (shampoo, condition, wash body, wash bits, shave legs n' pits, trim bikini area), blowdry hair, put on outfit, put on different outfit, put on yet another outfit, despair, finally find outfit that works, do makeup (bit of foundation, eyebrow pencil, mascara, blush; optional: eyeliner, one to three different shades of eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss)—doesn't take two hours. You are inefficient, OP.

The above routine can be about an hour, though the trying-on-different-outfits part expands to fill all the time available and it can go into an hour and a half.

For just going out with friends or to work or whatnot, if I don't need to shave the legs or bikini area and I have an outfit already picked out or get it right the first time, it can be 45 minutes. If I don't need to wash my hair either, 30. If I need to get out NOW NOW NOW I can skip the makeup too and the contacts and the fussing over outfits and be out in 15 minutes (brush teeth, wash face, quick body wash, pull on ugly clothes, brush hair).

Oh, and someone post the American Psycho monologue.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Average day: 10 minutes
Date day: ???

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cichlid the Loach posted:

Oh, and someone post the American Psycho monologue.

Alright, this is me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeAMVK75T4

To be serious I'm obsessive compulsive and actually would cancel dates and not go to highschool if I didn't have a certain appearance, but I got very old and just don't care or think about it as much anymore, laziness and forgetting to shave is part of what men often look like and it really doesn't cost you any blowjobs. Back then? Maybe 90 minutes before a date, today maybe 10.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Nothing much, really, same a going to class. Maybe take less geeky T-shirt and in some cases trim beard. Glad that's past me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mederlock posted:

I like to clean the apartment up the day before

Believe in yourself OP, clean the apartment and wash the sheets.

Hug in a Can posted:

I make sure I shave the night before a date

Good advice for a dude too, 12 hour old stubble looks about a million times better than razor burn.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread