Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So is this game open yet, or is it just for those that actually checked their spam folder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So I installed this game to see what the fuss was about, and I find a WoT clone with modern tanks.
I have sofar played a couple of games and is already bored since I don't see what is new (except it of course not being WoT). Though, the M113 is hilarious for gotta-go-fast.
So why is this game better than WoT, or is it just the normal fascination with something that looks new?

To me tanks felt less smooth while moving, the grind seems equally horrible and you have the same mouthbreathers as in WoT.
If I understand Warbadgers posts correct, higher tier tanks are automatically better and have more HP, damage, armour and therefore there is no point in playing anything but top tier, especially since you are not penalized for playing bad in top tier?
So the new thing is basically ATGMs, which gives me the suspicion that the meta in the game will settle on some form of sniping and vision games?
Arty is less damaging, which might be fun for those that never learnt how to handle arty in WoT.
And the tech tree seems to be the same tank over and over again?

Just to be clear and not be overly critical to a new game, why should I play this game?
It being not-WoT is not an argument, but I am grateful for more information.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BadLlama posted:

If you find it fun play it, if you are bored don't? It is just another tank game with slight changes to mechanics.

I became bored when I realized it is the same grind for no readily apparent change from WoT, and I don't really have the time for grinding another game.
ATGMs seems interesting, but also means a more sniping environment once the meta settles down?
Which mechanics are in your opinion better than WoT?

So why did you start playing it, or was it just because you were tired of WoT?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Agrajag posted:

im personally playing it because modern tanks, the game being more forgiving as long as you perform well in a match regardless of a win or loss, the non-existent importance of stats, arty is no longer an issue (cap is 2 per side), and not having to give a poo poo about mods. if pve is your thing there's that also. oh and gently caress nerds pushing for a war thunder like hardcore mode or whatever the gently caress.

Thanks, this was pretty much what I was asking for.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Subyng posted:

Everyone who still plays WoT is broken and is suffering from a severe case of stockholm syndrome.

This is objectively true.
Not that it stops me from enjoying WoT.

• Locked thread