Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Tor Browser has many changes to it so that each user will appear to be the same, to make it harder to distinguish an individual user using browser fingerprinting. Using Tor through a standard browser is a really, very silly thing to do. Especially if you're running a human-trafficking darknet site :ohdear:, it would be fun if this detail came back to bite them later on but it's more likely just an oversight.

And yeah, that onion site doesn't exist, which is weird because they deliberately showed him slowly typing it in and paused on it for a bit like they wanted people to see it and try it.

Also, to nitpick, that lock icon shouldn't be there (not to mention the https visible in the url later on).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Snak posted:

I'm also really afraid that Mr Robot is the one who killed Romero.

I'm convinced he did. Especially because he threatened to do it before.

This one is more of a stretch but I also think Mr Robot put that guy up to killing Gideon. The guy was unhinged, so could have been in the institution with Elliot where Mr Robot could convince him to get out and go after Gideon.

If that's not what happened, Elliot got saved a world of bother from Gideon going to the FBI through sheer luck.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Grem posted:

He's said a few times that he doesn't trust us and he was pretty pissed we didn't tell him about his dad!

He blamed us for Darlene too.

That wasn't our fault Elliot! We didn't know! :ohdear:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Toplowtech posted:

Can we have a gif of alf driving over Gideon. That scene killed me(and Gideon, again).

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Paradox Personified posted:

Did anyone else cringe at the MARBLE CAKE reference?

I was more annoyed that they didn't read the authentication string for the Signal call to each other.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
That can't be it. All the subtle metaphors and symbolism have to relate to the Elliot Is Jesus theory somehow.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Super Slash posted:

I thought they did give her a script?

I'm kinda tired but the way I saw things its was basically teaching a project manager how to rig up hardware and learn how to use Linux, not exactly "hacking" but it's pretty easy to understand how daunting that would be to most people; especially when you have to infiltrate your own company and look suspicious as all hell with the FBI nosing around.

They were getting her to manually invoke the command with all the parameters. They could have created a shell script (or alias) with what she needed to type and just got her to run ./hack or whatever.

Granted if they had done it that way they'd have been (more?) screwed when they needed her to manually bring the interfaces back up.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Shoren posted:

They ended up walking her through the whole thing over the phone anyhow so what was the point? I guess having a script or even a text document with all the commands would make her actions indefensible if she got caught, but the whole learning to code in a day thing kinda flopped for me.

When Mobley was teaching her by telling her what to type she was messing it up. They were really just teaching her how to type commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Elias_Maluco posted:

Who else actually repeated "mind awake body asleep" out loud when Elliot asked?

Only the people who also stand up when Dora asks them to.

• Locked thread