Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://youtu.be/6oO7b-oWl2g?t=6m08s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Fire Emblem should have stayed in its grave.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this is literally just pokemon-amie. i'm so stoked for this game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like Fire Emblem

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I liked the 3ds one. on hard mode ,with the perma death thing, its good fun.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

it looks like their using that tech from a few months back where it can take a 2D drawing and turn it into a 3D model.

edit: this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMDLnC-cMU

Famous TV Dad fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 10, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Famous TV Dad posted:

it looks like their using that tech from a few months back where it can take a 2D drawing and turn it into a 3D model.

That's pretty cool. Anything else use it yet, or just this?

I might buy this if they make it challenging again because the last one was piss easy, but what's up with the new art direction?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The last Intelligent Systems game I enjoyed playing was probably that Fire Emblem for the Gamecube.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

That's pretty cool. Anything else use it yet, or just this?

I might buy this if they make it challenging again because the last one was piss easy, but what's up with the new art direction?

There's a mode where dead characters revive every turn. Now that's strategy.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Evil Eagle posted:

There's a mode where dead characters revive every turn. Now that's strategy.
that's basically "i just want to see the story" mode.

i will love this if i can hold puff pastries just out of reach of their mouths like pokemon

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

You're goddamn right they lost their minds. Where the gently caress is the new Advanced Wars?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

htis game owns and everyone on this thread is a friend of the family. gas

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't understand whats going on in the vid

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The last Intelligent Systems game I enjoyed playing was probably that Fire Emblem for the Gamecube.

the sequel on wii was good too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fe12 was good too and i liked awakening a lot even if it was easy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I don't understand whats going on in the vid

turn on cc you dolt

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically all the fe games in the last like ten years have been good except shadow dragon and this one looks good too. topic locked

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

fe12 was good too and i liked awakening a lot even if it was easy

fe12 was ok but the normal difficulty was too easy and the hard difficulty had reinforcements who acted the turn they appeared combined with those obnoxious flying dragon reinforcements. plus the shadow dragon engine sucks and fe11-12 reclassing was boring as poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It still looks better than that new steampunk game they made though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Steampunk sucks rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

fe12 was ok but the normal difficulty was too easy and the hard difficulty had reinforcements who acted the turn they appeared combined with those obnoxious flying dragon reinforcements. plus the shadow dragon engine sucks and fe11-12 reclassing was boring as poo poo

yeah i really hated the reclassing and the reinforcements sucked, but it was a lot better put together than shadow dragon and the map design was better. i'd put it as a lower mid-tier fire emblem but that's still pretty good all things considered

Dec 26, 2012

it helps that it was a remake of a game with good maps instead of a remake of a game with bad maps

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

it helps that it was a remake of a game with good maps instead of a remake of a game with bad maps

yeah pretty much, and one that had characters with personality instead of just a bunch of interchangeable fodder guys

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

not like good personalities but still. baby steps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Fire Emblem and I'm going to buy the new one, unless it really is the pokemon crap where theres two versions and they come out with a third combined version latr.

Dec 26, 2012

ill buy one of them, but if this one is like awakening then im probably not getting any other after that

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I like Fire Emblem and I'm going to buy the new one, unless it really is the pokemon crap where theres two versions and they come out with a third combined version latr.

these are totally different campaigns, though. also we'll probably get the first two together when it releases in the west, and the third as dlc.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The gamecube one is the best.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Anime Curator posted:

turn on cc you dolt

hmm...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

You're goddamn right they lost their minds. Where the gently caress is the new Advanced Wars?

it will get rebooted when they finish replacing every co with a waifu-able counterpart

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

qnqnx posted:

it will get rebooted when they finish replacing every co with a waifu-able counterpart

please stop talking

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

please stop talking

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fire Emblem If the game was secondary to the dating sim

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

please stop talking

truth hurts

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Eagle posted:

that is the game

Soral
May 30, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

it is.

Soral
May 30, 2009

when you buy the digital version of the game, you download both stories onto your system, then the game will ask you which story you would like to pursue and it locks you out of the other story on your system, forever, even if you make a new save file. the oonly way to circumvent this is to buy a dlc that unlocks the other story.

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

awakening already came out though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

awakening already came out though

don't remind me

• Locked thread