Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just watched my DVR'd premiere. That was competent if unspectacular. I hope something more interesting happens to hook me in, or at least Killjoys is better. Not-Jayne sure was grating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Psychotic Killer? My money is on Psychic Powers.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I did not enjoy Episode 2. I thought the dialog was cringeworthy. I hope Rodney McKay shows up quick so I can drop it after I see what's his deal.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Not Jayne wasn't as grating because that mantle was passed to Heart of Gold Audience Stand-in let me walk in front of Jayne's gun

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Im optimistic that killjoys will have a decent hook of a second episode based off of the woman receiving the red Box at the end of the premiere.

B-b-b-b-ut.... there's a mysterious box in Dark Matter too! In all seriousness, I'm probably gonna give this show until Rodney McKay shows up before I give up on it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mars4523 posted:

Dark Matter's box just raises the question "What's in the box?", which is the worst kind of left unanswered science fiction show "mystery".

Agreed. Same with that dumb locked hangar on the ship that contains An Ancient Evil.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

SwissCM posted:

Does the show get better after the first episode? Because the first episode was basically everything I hated about Star Trek rolled into one giant ball of mediocrity and cliche.

Not really. I considered the third episode to be watchable but this last one annoyed and/or bored the poo poo out of me. The crew's rampant stupidity drives me insane and the lack of Corso reveal to everyone is dumb. None of the shows 'mysteries' are interesting. I prefer killjoys so much more and probably am gonna stop watching or hate watch until Rodney McKay shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

spookygonk posted:

If anyone here watches Killjoys, one of the characters (I think it was the PSTD ex-space marine brother) described himself, "I'm like, dark matter..." That can't be a coincidence. Just giong to have to see if one of this crew calls someone else a killjoy.

Yeah me and my brother laughed at that line but come on dark matter is like a common enough space thing that I don't think it was a direct dig at this show.

• Locked thread