Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Will give this a try because Roger Cross is a cool dude. Hope it doesn't end up being trite by-the-book crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

That's been true, but Syfy is trying to go back to the old Scifi Friday blocks when they had BSG, SG1 and SGA.

OG Scifi Friday was like Farscape, the Sentinel, and I-Man :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Yes, every character can be attributed to a previous fictional character.

Although the stoic kung fu asian is pretty obvious.

Woah.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

KatWithHands posted:

Goddamn, I-Man. I used to love that show, haven't thought about it in years. Don't suppose it's on disc in some store, getting dusty on a back shelf...

I've been trying to find season boxes for years, because I want to re-watch it badly. I think I saw a season 1 box at a Wal-Mart of all places once, but that was before I got the urge and haven't been able to find any since.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Halfway through the episode and the stupid 'close my eyes to do android stuff' thing is already annoying as hell.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

She should probably just move her eyes back and forth like Data.

Not even that much, just a half-second pause or a head tilt or something if you really have to do 'this is showing I'm doing network stuff'.

Show seems pretty by-the-numbers so far but I'll probably give it another episode or two to see where the twist leads.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Game of Thrones, Da Vinci's Demons, True Detective, Fargo..

Yeah but who watches those

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Touche, Snak.

Picking up a back 9 is more broadcast than cable, and it seems to be happening less and less.

Meh, 13 episodes is a good length to have a nice season without a bunch of filler IMO.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Flatscan posted:

Aatrek finally outs his parachute account.

Aatrek infiltration account spotted

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Sci-fi died for me when they replaced Farscape with Tremors the tv show.

How do you make a television series out of that premise :psyduck:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Christopher Lloyd as a mad scientist.

poo poo, for Christopher Lloyd I'll have to watch that show. :negative:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VBane posted:

I am really enjoying the show myself. Its interesting they introduce the clone travel thing, then immediately invalidate it was an explanation for One because the original would know if he'd ever been so invasively scanned. I like they established Six doesn't have superhealing before establishing Two does. I like they they defy expectation by having Two hook up with rear end in a top hat Three.

I love seeing Joshua from First Wave in a Sci Fi series again.

When did Two exhibit super healing?

And what if Evil Corso is the clone? :tinfoil:

Also Continuum is the poo poo and I really hope they deliver on the Future Space Marines cliffhanger.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Roger Cross fighting the corporations in every sci-fi universe haha

Dark Matter: Continuum Season 4 :tinfoil:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhyno posted:

DOMINION > ALL OTHERS.

Is that poo poo not canceled yet?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Season 2 has done a fair turn around. Most of it is just good now.

Don't tell me that, I gave up on that show at like episode 4, don't make me go back and watch the rest :negative:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Mars4523 posted:

Killjoys actually has characters, worldbuilding, and serial plots where things happen.

The end of the last episode scored major points with me. Instead of dragging that particular plot ut half a season like other shows would, it comes into the open what, 3 episodes after it's introduced? AND the other character already knows about it and goes straight into 'OK how do we help' mode. It was so drat refreshing after the way that kind of thing is almost always handled.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I actually kind of like this show. It's still mediocre, but the character reveals still kepp me interested. Three's stuff in the last episode went a long way toward humanizing him.

I just wish the show wasn't so slow. I feel like I expect shows to move faster than this now.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

GreenNight posted:

This probably moves extremely fast for a bunch of people who spent 15 years making episode of the week Stargate.

Yeah well let's not start getting into the inadequacies of TV Stargate.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xandu posted:

I'm a little surprised though because I always felt like the Stargates had, if nothing else, an enjoyable cast. These guys just feel generic.

I thought that was kind of the point. They literally have no memories and refer to each other by number. They begin as walking stereotypes.

They're kind of straddling the fence right now IMO, the stuff we've learned about most of them is still pretty cliched (Space Asian Man is a prince, rear end in a top hat Gun Guy has a soft heart for a woman, etc etc) but I'm still hoping they manage to twist things just enough to make it interesting.

Case in point, the last scene in episode 7, when One and Three find the failed cryo pod. In a bad show Three would get angry, pull a gun on One, something dumb like that. And Three's previous characterization would slot in with that perfectly. But he has a genuine character growth moment there. It remains to be seen if the writing can follow up on it, but I live with hope.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhyno posted:

And maybe there's another sex droid in there but even sexier this time.

Not hard to do since her weird facial mannerisms were a total bonerkiller.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Although Android getting all jealous was kind of adorable. :3:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

^^^: And I don't think it's possible to be hotter than Eva Habermann was in the first season/movies.

GreenNight posted:

Is Lexx the show with the tongue toilet?

Also the ship dispensed food semen from dicks.

And then there's this.

Even though it came first, Lexx is basically what you get if you take Farscape, give it to a BDSM perv, and then spin the dial to 11.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

If that's a scarecrow then you can just call me a scarecrow-fucker

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

etalian posted:

Android is the best character on the show.

Still hoping for a gag in an upcoming episode where she feeds the crew this engine-waste-turned-nutritious-stew.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Anyone else find it ironic that Two gave that whole speech about not keeping secrets, yet doesn't get around to mentioning that she's been wearing a bandage on her neck to hide her already-healed bite wound for weeks?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

The Android totally did, yes.

Yeah I just got to this part. Android is totally the best character.

LOL Star Wars 36

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

WordMercenary posted:

And yeah I agree that One's new knowledge puts him in an interesting position. No human being is gonna take learning your crewmate killed you wife well, amnesia or no amnesia. Especially not One, a guy who's likely to view it from an ethical standpoint as well as a personal one. It's a pretty interesting dilemma that will hopefully give him something better to do than be whiny and awkward.

I'm just hoping that is was actually Three (kind of want to start using Marcus now that we know his name) and they don't pull some sort of switch - he didn't actually do it but was a convenient scapegoat or something.

Teek posted:

You guys should go back and read the real One's first page of his bio that pops up, about his management style. Something about rewarding the top 10% of his company with bonuses and firing the bottom 20% on the regular. Hah.

I didn't notice this, goddamn.

Proposition Joe posted:

At this point they really should all be looking themselves up on the space internet more instead of this incremental have-a-look-see thing they are doing now.

Two and Five should just hop into one of those pods at the next station, then look up their genetic profile. :v:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So at this point Two is the character we know the least about, right?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Also good at gambling

This was Five, IIRC. Fits with her background as a station urchin and thief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So he is a corporate scumbag!

Didn't someone mention something about Five possibly being a mind reader? Which is why she could win at the ball and cup game, but not at blackjack. I think there was another indication of this but I can't remember.

In episode 1 or 2 she says this to Two. Or it's implied in the scene, I forget. But I think it was just her having everyone's memories, not necessarily actual ESP stuff.

• Locked thread