Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Oh Cool, you mean Scifi channel still plays stuff that isn't Ghost Hunters or Ghost Hunters: Miami? used to be my favorite channel and I haven't turned it on in at least 2 years. Gonna have to check this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

wormil posted:

counterpoint: "aka Slashy McStaberson"

You've missed some good shows, Twelve Monkeys, Zombie Nation, Defiance is kinda fun.

I watched season 1 of Defiance and liked it, forgot it was Scifi channel, wasn't a big fan of 12 Monkeys got bored, might come back. probably wouldn't watch a show with Zombie in the title.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, one of their execs recently came out and said that their programming was poo poo and they needed to refocus on actual science fiction. They're also giving up Smackdown which is an enormous ratings draw so they must really believe this.

They still play a ton of lovely monster movies, of course.

Monster movies are their bread and butter, always have been, that's good news though, might actually have to turn on my tv even.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 12, 2015

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

IRQ posted:

Good news then, it's actually called Z Nation, and it's fantastic because it's not serious at all. It's made by The Asylum, that should tell you what the tone is.

I should clarify, if it involves zombies in any way and isn't the movie Shaun of the Dead or Game of Thrones I want nothing to do with it, I've been waiting for the zombie fad to die out for years, sorry if that makes me sound like an rear end, I just really hate zombie stuff. Also I don't know what The Asylum is.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Lascivious Sloth posted:

because the writers think that if there isn't a visual cue the audience is too retarded to know she's doing computer in her brraainn

I liked Dorian from Almost Human he was always just spouting off poo poo without any cues, because computers can multi task.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Snak posted:

Maybe if he'd closed his eyes to let us know what was going on that show wouldn't have been cancelled. Makes you you think.

Aww that cuts deep, I loved that show so much.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

SGU got good after they had already announced it's cancellation, it got really good actually.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Second episode wasn't too great, it was like the most filler as gently caress episode of SG-1 you could imagine without being a flashback episode involving some sort of alien artifact. I'm hoping Jace turns out to have killed the people on his warrant sheet completely by accident like jar jar binks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Wow they cancelled Defiance? that's so wack I really dug the lore on that show, I'm gonna miss Berlin she was dreamy.

• Locked thread