Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Finished the season. Overall... pretty good. It's like they had a really good meal offering going on in the past two seasons, and now started to experiment with cheaper ingredients. Still tastes good, but not quite the same. Thought they ran out of ideas with Piper and Alex, and the drama aspect overall was unfocused and all over the place. Comedy is alright too, I'll take that and funny writing, just missing the actual feels a little bit.

Antifreeze Head posted:

I think the Leanne character is actually rather interesting. She comes from such a regimented religious lifestyle and is desperately trying to get back to it. Did her and Poussey know that each other spoke German? I really liked that scene where it was just no bid deal when Poussey said something and she responded in turn.
Huh, I thought they were talking Dutch at Leanne's place, but now I'm not sure. Could've it been just terrible accents? The show is pretty bad with getting those details right.

I mean Kate Mulgrew looks legit Russian, but her accent's cringeworthy everytime she speaks some. No way would her character be called Galina Reznikov, that's a male surname, and if that's what her father or husband had, then hers would be Reznikova. "Pirogi" is in plural, nobody would say "a pirogi". Etc. For what it's worth, The Americans gets the accents and that kind of stuff right.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

The Duggler posted:

I'm on episode 8 and I have no idea what is going on

I wish Norma was dead though

Christianity tried that, it didn't work.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

My opinion is different enough that I'll bump this from a few pages back. I am saddened by the tone of this thread. This season absolutely crushed it and I genuinely believe this is the best drama on television right now. There are like 30 fully formed characters on this show, all with their own motivation - when Doggett does something, it's because it's what Doggett would do, not because they just wrote something. I'm actually really disappointed by the response in the thread - this show should be much higher regarded.

Goons just like to hateshit on things; case in point: True Detective thread.

I didn't think this series was as good as the previous ones, however. It's like they fleshed out the characters in the past seasons, but didn't really have much inspiration about where to go from there.

• Locked thread