Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Brooke is the New Black

I'd just end up repeating a lot of what everyone else already said, but I have to say I really didn't like the character Stella. She was this show's Poochie. Just this ultra-cool character that you're just supposed to pretend was always there but nobody ever noticed until now. They even call attention to it with Alex noticing this other inmate a couple of times and they mention "Oh isn't it weird how all of a sudden you will just notice an inmate that's been here forever but you never saw them before?"

Flaca is still totally my poo poo. The concept of that character is equal parts hilarious and attractive. Like a sexy clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What does it say about the show when Boo and Pennsatucky become the best part of the show? Like, I wanted to watch them hang out and do stuff way more than I wanted to watch Piper and Alex, Piper and Stella, Bennett and Daya, etc.

Boo is just loving great, and they filled out Tucky's character so much and had her grow and made her become so interesting, and watching them interact was just the best loving thing. I just could have done without the 50 Shades of Duck Hunt poo poo that came out of nowhere with Donut Guy. Like seriously what the gently caress was that even?

Did anyone else feel like Leanne's backstory kind of conflicted with her character from the first two seasons? She followed Tucky's fanatical Christian religion, which isn't interchangeable with the Amish faith she was shown to practice. She's a drug addict with meth teeth, but it seemed like she just experimented during her Rumspringa, so I guess her time in prison made her addicted to meth and heroin and poo poo? I just really clashed for me. I like the backstory, just not in combination with her she was already presented to us.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

The flashback didn't show her arrest, just her leaving the Amish community for good. I figured she'd spent a certain amount of time mething it up after that point, eventually getting arrested for it and then being reborn or whatever in prison.

That's possible. I interpreted the flashbacks as her rescinding on the police deal and turning herself in.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

That doesn't really make sense.

Plus look at her teeth. That takes some time. Never seemed to be much meth going around the prison.

Yes exactly. That's why my read of the flashbacks clashed with what we'd seen of her in previous seasons, and I just figured it was bad writing. But even if she just ran away and gave up on religion and got into drugs and was arrested and then got into a new religion in prison, that still kinda clashes with what we'd seen of her in previous seasons and it still feels like bad writing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I get so confused when I find out someone actually liked Bennet/Daya and is sad that he bailed on her. Like I'm unable to process those opinions at all.

• Locked thread