Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Aqueous Martinis posted:

Re: Bennett (s3e13) Did anyone else think it was implied that Bennett was behind Cesar's raid? That's what I took from it, especially with the focus on the DEA agent taking the baby, but I'm not seeing many other people who had this same thought. It would make sense for him to stay away from Daya and her mom while helping the agents. As annoying as their story is, I don't see the writers just getting rid of him.

S3e13
Nah I don't think he's coming back and I really hope he isn't.
The entire romance is based on their naïveté. Bennett thinks he's the hero of the story but Bennett isn't, he's a coward who abused his authority repeatedly in their relationship and acts like a shithead whenever he feels out of control, but also is too much of a pussy and a coward to stand up to anyone. He's not a hero though and we continuously see he'll run and hide from problems.

Daya meanwhile keeps wanting to believe in this fairy tale where she can be the good princess. She routinely convinces herself that Bennett is Prince Charming. She wants to believe she can make everything ok. She has an out for her baby to be safe but it breaks her fairy tale and now the kid is doomed to a hosed up life growing up in foster care and she may never see the baby again.

I think the writers have done a pretty good job this far of portraying these characters as believing they're in love and going to make it but the rest of the OitNB world does not allow for that fairy tale to exist and continuously is throwing them curveballs.

To have Bennett somehow 'man up' and magic himself into busting Cesar seems unlikely to me.

Red has a much better appreciation for the CO / Prisoner relationship - she let's Healy know that it can't work out despite their feelings for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread