Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
NCAA SEC NERDCITY SEASON 4

Season 1:
SEC Champs: UGA (over Arky)
NCG Champs: UGA (over CPU Iowa)

Season 2:
SEC Champs: SCar (over CPU Arky)
NCG Champs: SCar (over UGA)

Season 3:
SEC Champs: LSU (over SCar)
NCG Champs: LSU (over CPU Wisconsin)

:siren:
The dynasty is a mix of goons and GroupMe-only players still. https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te Every goon except Wreckus is on it. :(

SEC Eastside

#2 South Carolina - John Brown (GT: True Cryme)

#3 Tennessee - The Notorious ZSB (GT: JDMTyte)

#15 Florida - Diodeous (GT: BenedictWong) former commish and still king, but think will be on AP now except maybe for user games?

#21 Vanderbilt - Adam / GroupMe (GT: PFunk81)

-- Georgia - Nick / GroupMe (GT: Venom173) on AP indefinitely

SEC Westside

#1 LSU - cletus42o (GT: cletus42o)

#5 Arkansas - Tyler / GroupMe (GT: WeenisWrinkle04)

#13 Alabama - Crowe / GroupMe (GT: JCrowe19) hopefully not on AP this season, he did set up his recruiting board

#17 Auburn - Texas A. Wreckus (GT: QuikDrawQuincy) plz join groupme

above rankings are pre-season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 1

JB (South Carolina) is possibly bugged on his week 1 recruiting points. Don't go after anyone who has him as their #1 choice right now until we get it sorted out.

All CPU games except Wreckus (BYE).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Good Ol'e head ball coach. I'm pretty content with losing to you fair and square last season.

There were no bugs, significant injuries, or EA bullshit (except for your very first third down conversion in that game lol).

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 15, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Thanks, it was a great game - I just had all the luck going my way for once and played calm against you for probably the first time. That 3rd down conversion was funky, though, I wish I had saved it - it was a quick lob over the middle to the TE, but then he like somehow flipped backwards enough (like maybe even 4-5 yards) after catching it to cross the line, right?

Even though the season was all jacked because of the EA server issues, I did have actual user games with ZSB, Dio, and Wreckus, so it definitely wasn't a cakewalk getting to that game with you. Making it 14-0 in a dynasty with just the 4 of y'all is my biggest NCAA accomplishment I'd say! (considering my only other goon BCSNCG win was in a season where I'd lost to you in the regular season in your dynasty, so I was 13-1 there)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yea, he pulled a matrix bend to catch that ball, and to top it off the big hit I timed perfectly on him did nothing.

It made me laugh lol. But yeah you earned it. It's not like you're consistently a winner, have the best team in the game, and can somehow only get 3-4 games scheduled against you (looking at your Buckeye squad, ZSB).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be around once in a while, just don't have time to permanently commit to this.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

It made me laugh lol. But yeah you earned it. It's not like you're consistently a winner, have the best team in the game, and can somehow only get 3-4 games scheduled against you (looking at your Buckeye squad, ZSB).

I want to note that Buckeye squad has taken 5 seasons to become a contender despite starting with a p stacked roster. I didn't win the division till year 3 and I didn't win titles till year 5.

I AM THE GOLD STANDARD Y'ALL COME AT ME :c00lbutt:
(except here where this Vols squad still won't cut it, although I'm excited to try. I cannot hide how much I love that we are still playing this game.)

e: I'll be out of town Thursday - Sunday morning. So I'm gonna play my game today but a week 2-3 update I'd like to ask for a wait on until I can get back.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 16, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 2

All CPU games.

I'm out of town starting tomorrow morning til Sunday night, so we'll advance sometime early next week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

e: I'll be out of town Thursday - Sunday morning. So I'm gonna play my game today but a week 2-3 update I'd like to ask for a wait on until I can get back.
We're just waiting on you now. No huge rush but if you could get it in by tomorrow that'd be awesome. If you need longer just lemme know.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

We're just waiting on you now. No huge rush but if you could get it in by tomorrow that'd be awesome. If you need longer just lemme know.

Gonna knock it out now.

e: Gotta keep my starting QB healthy despite the numerous INTs ive thrown. Vols over Boise 45-28. Defense is streaky I guess? Like the front 4 though...

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 23, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 3

User Games?
#4 Arky (Tyler / GroupMe) vs #10 Florida (Dio)
#1 SCar (JB) vs Georgia (Nick / GroupMe) - doubt Nick will come off AP for it, but JB, if you want to wait and see, feel free

Dio, just let Tyler know in GroupMe if you want to play.

Everyone else has CPU games!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Just waiting on Wreckus and ZSB to advance.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Just waiting on Wreckus and ZSB to advance.

I'll try and play tonight, but def tomorrow if I can't.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Double posted; cant stop throwing INTs and my FR QB has completed 50% of his 4 passes attempted for like 18 yards and 2 ints in 2 games. PLEASE GOD NO INJURIES.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 4

User Games
#8 Auburn (Wreckus) @ #2 LSU (cletus42o)
#15 Florida (Dio) @ #4 Tenn (ZSB)

CPU games for everyone else!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, let me know when you can play.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, when do you want to try and aim for getting this CLASSIC rivalry in?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You might just have to play the CPU. I'm going out of town this weekend and definitely won't have time tonight or tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

You might just have to play the CPU. I'm going out of town this weekend and definitely won't have time tonight or tomorrow.

I leave that in commish hands, it is a holiday weekend coming up so it's not like I'm full of time either. At this point I'd prefer we get to wait till next monday maybe?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I leave that in commish hands, it is a holiday weekend coming up so it's not like I'm full of time either. At this point I'd prefer we get to wait till next monday maybe?
So Crowe (Bama) is hopefully going to get his game in tomorrow. The only other game after that (besides you two) is me and Wreckus, and I haven't heard from him yet.

Dio is already on AP from the previous week, so we could wait for Bama to play and then just play our games as CPU games (me and you, ZSB). When Bama plays, I think we should keep things moving, but I'm definitely not opposed to waiting on you guys. That would be dependent on y'all being able to schedule a time early next week though. If you can definitely work out a time for Mon/Tues, I'm fine with waiting since it's goon vs goon.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

So Crowe (Bama) is hopefully going to get his game in tomorrow. The only other game after that (besides you two) is me and Wreckus, and I haven't heard from him yet.

Dio is already on AP from the previous week, so we could wait for Bama to play and then just play our games as CPU games (me and you, ZSB). When Bama plays, I think we should keep things moving, but I'm definitely not opposed to waiting on you guys. That would be dependent on y'all being able to schedule a time early next week though. If you can definitely work out a time for Mon/Tues, I'm fine with waiting since it's goon vs goon.

If Dio is cool with waiting I am too. Otherwise I can prb knock it out friday am or something.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I don't mind waiting if you want to play Monday during the day or evening but don't hold up on account of me

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I don't mind waiting if you want to play Monday during the day or evening but don't hold up on account of me

I'd rather play. Monday 5-6ish est work?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
This is still your dynasty Dio! DrunkDynasty is moving incredibly fast (mainly because it's all over the place with a lot of CPU games, after a rocky start), but I'm not going to advance on you when you've got a game with someone I know you'd like to play against here. (or in DrunkDynasty either)

The only way I would have advanced / told ZSB to play CPU would have been if you knew you wouldn't be available Mon/Tues, since that would just be too long between advances.

I do want to keep us moving along, since my move date is coming up quick, but I'm hoping I won't be out of commission for long. For those that hadn't heard (think I talked about it in GroupMe), my wife and I are moving from NYC to Baton Rouge (my hometown) in about 2 weeks now. It's a temporary thing, 2-3 years, from a fellowship she made it to the "finals" in (while graduating NYU Stern with an MBA, while also working full-time - she da bomb). So around July 16th-18th, I'll be unavailable, but I'm hoping that it won't be longer than that. But you know how that poo poo goes, something inevitably is going to happen. And the days leading up to it will definitely be hectic, but e-football is my stress reliever.

But we'll always wait for goon on goon action here within reason.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, Monday works great at that time.

I'll also be somewhat unavailable from around the 20th of July until the end of the month because I am also moving to Louisiana

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OMG I'm in Austin we'll only be like 6 hours apart. Goon meet for LSU football irl

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be a little further out in NOLA but yeah, yall are welcome to visit

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm gonna be stuck at work till like 6 or later today since my only coworker called out. So umm let's aim for tomorrow around that 430-5pm CT window if that works for you Dio.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Okay, just let me know. I'll be available until about 8 CST tonight if you change your mind

EDIT: I might not be available tomorrow night, had something potentially come up. This might need to get simmed or me APed for it

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 6, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Okay, just let me know. I'll be available until about 8 CST tonight if you change your mind

EDIT: I might not be available tomorrow night, had something potentially come up. This might need to get simmed or me APed for it

Let's try for tonight I'll get home as fast as I can and let you know. If I can't then I guess we can just sim it for the sake of fairness.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Let's try for tonight I'll get home as fast as I can and let you know. If I can't then I guess we can just sim it for the sake of fairness.

DOUBLE POST

If you're still available man I'm home and online lets knock it out.

If you can't tonight, I'll def be back home early enough tomorrow to play at 5 ET or so if you can. Otherwise whatever I'm cool with the computer solving our fate (my pass D is so atrocious it's guaranteed you'll win I bet).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 7, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sorry I missed you last night but as soon as I posted in here, my girlfriend called out of work and came over, so I definitely wasn't able to play. I took today off of work, but I have somewhere I should be at 6:30 EST so I don't think I'll be able to play tonight. I would rather you just get to beat up my CPU and get the win or something

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Let me know whatcha wanna do ZSB.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Let me know whatcha wanna do ZSB.

I'll knock it out now quickly, and if I gently caress it up and lose using super simmed defense so be it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 5

CPU games all around except for ZSB!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

This got advanced at some point.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah, sorry for the non-update, I'm in Baton Rouge now. I'm still not settled and probably won't be for a few more days. I know Dio and I have a game and we're going to try for tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'll post a proper update when I can!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 7 (again like the other dynasty, a week got skipped here on the forums, but all active goons played)

User Games
#3 SCar (JB) vs #2 Arky (Tyler/GM)
#4 Tenn (ZSB) at #14 Auburn (Wreckus - still on AP)
#18 Florida (Dio) at #6 Vandy (Adam/GM)

#1 LSU (cletus42o) vs #16 Michigan

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tennessee capitalizes on 3 1st half INTs and holds on with a 2nd half TD to hang on for the 38-35 win. The stats for rushing looked good, but they didn't feel strong never felt like my run game was working which lead to me trying to grind it out and not having it really work well. GG Wreckus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We have advanced, will post an update with match-ups and image tomorrow but in a rush now. I can say that this is the week we get #3 Tenn (ZSB) @ #1 SCar (JB) though!

• Locked thread