Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is definitely the right game for me to meet girls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I LOVE rope ladders!

Send me there!

Man I could go for a roast beef sandwich.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gross

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was going to post some stuff but now I think I need to go find smores oreos

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

uranus posted:

i LOVED that movie, but you are right the end was aweful. it was so good until the reveal at the end, it would have been 10 times better if they just left it unseen

Agreed 142%

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Europa Report gave me the same feeling as Sunshine, they did a great job of building atmosphere and letting me imagine for myself what the horror was and building a sense of anticipation/fear/dread but they just didn't have good enough ideas for the actual payoff and it is just so unsatisfying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I want pie. Who has pie?

I might have pie but I feel like you have to eat something nutritious first. Like a nice brisket.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wine and Gilmore Girls is murder

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Still waiting on that brisket.

I don't love Ecco handwaving everyone's votes with snide summations but to be frank I haven't looked at the actual votes themselves yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

here if this helps you Hal:

MMM voted for me because I wasn't scumhunting enough and contributing to the game's stagnation. I pointed out the flaws in his reasoning here, and he admits his vote is no longer substantive but based on etiquette here.

This is derp me-too'ing the case made by MMM. He's derp so it's not surprising that he doesn't try to justify it himself on his own (except maybe for the "Talk about fake lol" post he made above the page).

FV's case was based around her perceiving my opinions on derp as changing and therefore are inconsistent. Ignoring that changing opinions aren't inherently scummy, I called out how a large chunk (if not an entire) justification for her vote was on misreading a sentence here. She admits she misread here.

I address zzyzx's suspicion here and that brings us to the present day Halbert.

Oh man I just went back and read all that before you posted this NOW I HAVE WASTED MY TIME. I apologize for slighting you in my initial analysis.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think the scummiest thing about it is that ecco is upset at the reasons they are getting votes. It reminds me of games I've been in where I'm scum and get voted for reasons that are bullshit and I get frustrated at the town for being right in a wrong way.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been down that road too. Of course Ecco is also frustrated in like every mafia game ever at some point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you're not paying attention but you still want to negatively comment on the player with the most votes.

I think this is scummy. It's a drive-by pointless comment from someone trying to pretend they're going to play the game soon.

##vote Hal

No I went back and read after. I had just come home from work and that literally was the most recent thing to happen. A few posts later I basically talked MMM out of voting for Ecco after there was more discussion about it.

I think you are scummy and pointless, FV

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There is some high level casing going on up in here!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who am I gonna make out with now?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't quite get what pig is claiming, pig can you clear it up... I havent slept in a couple days and I need poo poo explained to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I was digging for truffles and was roleblocked, what is there to explain?

So that is an actual action? That actually does something?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

Hal are you reading the game, I forgot you were even in this and your only read is what I think is a jokeread on FV

Yeah that's about right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well it wasn't really a jokeread

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

that reads like a joke to me

I can't keep my flippant attitude out of anything, even DEADLY SERIOUS stuff like Mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

All you can really ask in life is that people find you interesting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Halbert give some more opinions about the game, I am curious and interested. Anon and Somber are good choices, as is me Ecco the Raven if you're reaching.

God I don't know Ecoobelle, D2 is still so early to really play the game but for you I will produce some scum tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not sure why you guys are like ganging up on me. I've been fairly active in this game and doing my best to hunt scum and make cases. I'm allowed to bitch when I'm getting wrongly voted.

Posts like this make me pretty sure you are town but at the same time you can't get all bent out of shape every time you get a handful of votes. Like in mafia there is always some poor innocent town person getting lots of votes. Getting super defensive mainly gets people to vote you even more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'll help with the flavor!

The beautiful Gal Incandenza was crowned Miss Pecan Pie and was also given the lifetime achievement award for adorableness. Her evil step-sister Fiery Valkyrie looked on despondently, forced to settle for the lesser Miss Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie and the lifetime achievement award for runner-upness.

There ya go 8bux

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm so angry right now.

I got blocked again I'm never gonna get a truffle. I'm shaking so hard right now.

Too bad for you but I have some delicious Arby's if you are interested

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

sorry for my lurkiness in this game I probably shouldn't have signed up for because time concerns :/

In the interest of things happening.
I'm the doctor.

N1 I visited somber
N2 I visited MMM

I was blocked on both nights.

I am highly suspicious of Ecco

##vote ecco

Was the truffle flavor just a lie or how does that fit into a doctor in pageant?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat Ecco those are good points. How have I not voted all game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Hal if you're town tell me who you think is scum and please don't say me.

But Ecco, what if I do think it is you? You've posted a fair amount but you've never been super invested in any case and have skipped around as needed.

I also don't like your response to kumba's result and overselling the likelihood of a framer. I'm not voting you yet since you already have 2 votes and I admittedly need to look harder at more people this close to the end but I have my eye on you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Who else do you think is scum?

I'm still working on that, but it is late and I only just got home so I am a bit preoccupied.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The game started 12 days ago. It's really scummy that you dont have a single opinion on a player that you can just answer this question straight away.

ORRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr it was a four-day weekend for me and I spent it celebrating the birth of my nation and not in the least thinking about any of the 2-3 mafia games that I am in so I don't have an answer off the top of my head because I don't remember poo poo about this game except Pig keeps babbling about truffles and that somehow people think I am a bad guy questioning him about his repeated allusions to his role that sound like bullshit.

But no, you are probably right, I am terrible scum who would rather just be blatantly scummy instead of taking five minutes to make some fake reads to get you off my back. YOU GOT ME. Also I haven't bothered to vote or try to have any influence at all over the game instead hoping town just self destructs so I can enjoy a completely unearned scum victory because that is totally my MO.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok Ecco has convinced me and exhibited towniness.

I will vote hal

##unvote

Bad move pig

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumba I just got home from work and I am gonna break the whole game down in a second hopefully you are around because I would like to hear your thoughts after.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

:ssh: When you did exactly that day 1 you got called out for it.

Nope that isn't what happened at all. I said something about the most recent events in the thread that I did not like the look of and then on my own I went back and read more and said, no, on analysis it's better than it first appeared to me. I wasn't doing anything to appease anyone, I was just catching up and posting thoughts as I read backwards.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anywho here's some thoughts on everyone in a vague towniest to scummeist order

Kumbamontu - His posting reads as very townie to me this game. His role is a little unusual (I wouldn't mind hearing the flavor on that one) but his targets make sense and he is semi-confirmed by Ecco. He's not pushing the easy case on me when he could right now. Feel extremely good about him.

Opopanax - Much like me, I think he would absolutely have done more as scum and he's just being extremely lazy town. Nothing he's done makes me think he's scum at all.

Asiina - Lots of strong posting on D1, D2 was kind of stuck on the ANarc case but that all reads like town with a bad read more than someone trying to make poo poo up and push a fake case. Good vibes from her posts.

Capitalist Pig - Not a strong feeling either way. I never liked how vocal he was about being roleblocked because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to announce that from the get go since it just tells the scum that they should keep at it and neuters your own powerful role. But Pig doesn't always make the soundest moves and no one has countered the doc claim. Sort of leaning town.

Fiery Valkyrie - Putting aside any bias over her vendetta against me this game I still have a sense of unease with f_v. Her big pushes this game were on derp and ANarc and neither of those were very deep or insightful. A lot of her other posting is snipes that look to discredit people instead of analysis and there aren't many attempts to initiate a dialogue. Leaning scum.

Somberbrero - He's been keeping his posts very short and avoiding any deep analysis all game. He's pushed on Opop for days making it seem like there is all sorts of evidence against him when it's based on nothing. He also dropped that vote very quickly today although with 8 alive that isn't as reckless as it would be with 7 alive and 3 potential scum.

Ecco - There is the investigation, the response to it, and the feeling that I have had all game that Ecco has been willing to slide from case to case to make sure there is momentum on a town player. To me this is the best choice today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

More than anything a lot of Ecco's posting feels like bullying which I have seen employed effectively as scum strategy by... Ecco!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

[Citation needed]

I'll do that once you find the games where as scum I don't vote or try and make cases for the whole game. TIA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i need more time to think but those hal posts are really, really bad. there's still at least another day after this, right?

Oh please elaborate you have time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh wow Somber I didn't think you meant you had a problem with literally everything I said. I mean... Jeez... I don't even know how I could have been so wrong... Man this is tough... and awkward...

Hangs head sheepishly and walks away

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi am back from a long and very wet hike and I am in a foul mood please dont make it worse by making the mistake of voting me because town will probably lose if that happens.

Oh I guess I never claimed but I was zzyzx's mason bro and that was it. I'm a pretty girl and zzyzx was my dad and all I really want from this pageant is some Arby's food someone please get me a roast beef sandwich.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That was an unconfirmed masonry right? Did you talk much?

Yes unconfirmed and we talked as much as you would expect in a masonry with me and zzyzx

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will vote myself if that somehow helps in the next 60 seconds

• Locked thread