Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was sure Mike was going to get out of prison at the end of this half-season, but now they'd need to pull some major Suits BS to make that happen. It's still possible, but really the more interesting story at this point is that Harvey pulled all kinds of shady poo poo and it's still not going to get Mike out, and also he might be outted as a snitch anyway. Or to prevent that from coming out, Harvey might need to get a super-shady criminal out of jail early.

Never count Suits out in terms of total legal asspulls, but drat Mike seems screwed. The only thing that comes to mind is Harvey going to the star witness he drove toward Cahill and being like "No seriously, you don't want to testify!" or telling his client about it and letting him go off and buy his silence. That at least would get the SEC interested in Mike delivering a witness again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I'm predicting budget Mark Wahlberg to betray everyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason I've been thinking about the show's weird sliding timeline. Like how there's no way that 6 years have actually passed in universe, especially because of how so many seasons end and pick up at pretty much the same moment.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

For some reason I've been thinking about the show's weird sliding timeline. Like how there's no way that 6 years have actually passed in universe, especially because of how so many seasons end and pick up at pretty much the same moment.

Has it specifically stated that? Not all seasons equal years. Breaking bad was only two years long in the shows timeline despite being 5 seasons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just going by the fact that we're in season 6.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I can't find anything from a quick google beyond that someone tried to use references they made to stuff in the show. So maybe look for that. Like in season 1 Harvey mentions something about Lebron winning the finals which he did that year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Does this prison just not have guards?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This whole deal thing is going crazy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there something last week or the week before that Mike could only make one phone call every three days?

This guy is an rear end in a top hat. Who cares if he's innocent?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wasn't there something last week or the week before that Mike could only make one phone call every three days?

It was one a day, I think. Still seems like he's calling an awful lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really didn't need to see post-sex Louis.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm trying to figure out if playing that recording violated privilege or not.

Louis get poo poo on again.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Someone remind me - what did Frank Gallo actually do? I remember he did something nonspecific and bad, but was going to get off on a technicality so Harvey did some underhanded poo poo to put him away - but what was he actually guilty of?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was a gangster that killed some people.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

He was a gangster that killed some people.

And people who are put in prison for financial stuff for 3 years are in the same prison as murderers?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, he was originally in a higher security prison for racketeering, because Harvey couldn't actually get him on murder charges, and then he informed on a cell mate and got moved to a minimum security prison.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
In real life can you share a privileged recording of one client with another client if it is relevant to the representation of the second client?

I know the show isn't going for realism but that part did make me curious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Can't have anything good happen to our characters, got to introduce DRAMA.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can't have anything good happen to our characters, got to introduce DRAMA.

Oh no not DRAMA! :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gabriel Macht was looking super gaunt in that last scene.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gabriel Macht was looking super gaunt in that last scene.

Apparently he was sick a lot during the filming of this episode.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Well my guess on how Mike ends up getting out was somewhat right, Harvey just got the star witness tossed out some other way. It's such a Mike thing for a guy to rat out a guy and ruin his wife's life, then end up with the enduring love of the guy he screwed over. Harvey did a real good job messing things up for them too, if the rich rear end in a top hat had just hired any other pricey and ethical (in that he looked out for his client's interest) attorney, he would have been fine. The trading algorithm was handed to Cahill by Harvey based on a tip from Mike, Harvey found the star witness, etc. Cahill's only move would have been to move on Jill, but no way she rolls on her dad without the recording and other pressure from team PSL.

In short, I'm glad that PSL seems to be going down the tubes, and I'd like either the Fall season or S7 to start with most of the PSL crew working together in a new practice with way poorer and down to earth clients, the kind of people Mike always wanted to help. Maybe they hire Mike on as a Consultant or some other sketchy way to get around his Lawyer ban, who knows it's Suits. I can already picture Louis bitching to Donna about having to deal with smelly and unclean poors :allears:.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Can Mike legitimately go to law school now or is he forever barred from practicing law period?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IANAL but he would probably have issues with the Bar Association seeing as they have ethical rules that he's definitely broken. So he could go to law school but would probably have issues getting Bar certified.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

IANAL but he would probably have issues with the Bar Association seeing as they have ethical rules that he's definitely broken. So he could go to law school but would probably have issues getting Bar certified.

Sounds like a season!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, the Mike in prison subplot sure was a mess, huh? He goes to prison for a crime he actually committed and then everyone does their best to have him not actually serve his sentence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drama bomb

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I just love when Louis tries to be like Harvey and get someone to change their mind and they poo poo on him relentlessly until he shuts up. Also can't wait to see how the writers gently caress over his marriage. See ya later Jessica no one will miss you. I will miss douchey finance dude. He was pretty cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Jessica may well and truly be gone as Gina Torres has joined the second season of the ABC show The Catch.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Her character was pretty worthless anwyays. Always in a B plot never in the main one except to help someone momentarily.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm gonna miss Stu more than Jessica.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm gonna miss Stu more than Jessica.

I think he'll stick around. Might be moving out but they could still bring him in from time to time.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Holyshoot posted:

See ya later Jessica no one will miss you.

I'll miss her outfits.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

KilGrey posted:

I'll miss her outfits.

Rachel and Donna are going to have to step up their wardrobe.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

KilGrey posted:

I'll miss her outfits.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I'm catching up on the show, getting to the end of season 5 right now.

Rachel should leave Mike, because her character dove right into the shitter once they hooked up. Goodness gracious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The end of season 5 is kind of a mess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So this might be a problem going forward but according to news reports Meghan Markle is currently dating Prince Harry.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

spooky like this! posted:

So this might be a problem going forward but according to news reports Meghan Markle is currently dating Prince Harry.

That should be a fun few months for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/795931735443861504

Fun times.

• Locked thread