Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Paladinus posted:

drat it, that fight on a plank. What the hell was that poo poo? I thought Dawn was super agile and strong. Couldn't she jump over to the other side? Also, I can't get over how lazy it was to just put a wig on Eva and call it a day.

It seriously would've been so much better if it was Angie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm actually only watching the finale now, and I have a question.

Where did they find all the blue shirts? Everybody's wearing a blue shirt. Did they specifically raid every closet in the town to find blue shirts, or did they just find a crate of blue shirts and said "ok, we;ll go with that"

edit: lol they brought up the four hands thing again, like that's an established part of the mythology that makes sense

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It took Barbie way too long to realize that he shouldn't have any affection for a super evil alien woman who wants to enslave humanity, even if he did once have a dream about loving her mom while they were both trapped in goo and then the mom got immaculately concepted.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
"that's derogatory they're called Inuits"

That line was the first time this show has been so bad I actually got mad at it.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I just watched this and it was so completely the opposite of how Defiance ended. That show wrapped everything up and could be a series finale. Even Last Ship put a nice bookend on everything (except the final shot--so to speak). This one just doubled down on a bunch of new storylines.

But LOL at Fivehead getting a new haircut. :laugh:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Astroman posted:

But LOL at Fivehead getting a new haircut. :laugh:

That haircut was the worst thing this show has ever done

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

boom boom boom posted:

That wig was the worst thing this show has ever done

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

"I weakened the board!"

wtf was that poo poo lol

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It took Barbie way too long to realize that he shouldn't have any affection for a super evil alien woman who wants to enslave humanity, even if he did once have a dream about loving her mom while they were both trapped in goo and then the mom got immaculately concepted.

How many times did people switch sides in this season? Or fool eachother by pretending to switch sides? Or fail to get someone to switch sides by appealing to their feelings? Big Jim was right the whole time, just shoot the evil alien hivemind.

Why did Dawn have to slowly walk across a rickety plank? Didn't she have superhuman speed and strength half an hour ago? Didn't Junior? I laughed so hard at him and Big Jim getting one last father-son stabbing before the end.

Goodbye, Under The Dome. All of the events you showed took place in less than a month.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am still not sure if Big Jim was a bad guy or not. Truly, the most complex character of the decade.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Paladinus posted:

I am still not sure if Big Jim was a bad guy or not. Truly, the most complex character of the decade.

Under the Dome will be remembered as Dean Norris' finest performance.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo, Dean Norris is free from Under the Dome. I hadn't realized.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Not bothering to cast a different actress for dawn was amazing.

"YOU HAVE YOUR FATHERS CONTACT LENSES!"

After reading a book spoiler I don't know why they didn't stick with that instead..would have been way more interesting.

Goodbye forever, awful nonsensical show!

e: Also, this: "YOU HAD ONE JOB!!"

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 18, 2015

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Paladinus posted:

He was. And then he wasn't. And then he was kind of? And then he was...n't? And then he was. And then he definitely was but it turned out that he actually wasn't...And then I think he died? But then he didn't. And then he had a dog.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
As if there were bad guys or good guys in this show. People just did random poo poo. Like in the last episode, when Jr. stabbed the older guy. I was watching that and genuinely had no idea if that was supposed to be a good thing or not, or what reaction I was supposed to have.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

boom boom boom posted:

As if there were bad guys or good guys in this show. People just did random poo poo. Like in the last episode, when Jr. stabbed the older guy. I was watching that and genuinely had no idea if that was supposed to be a good thing or not, or what reaction I was supposed to have.

Whenever someone died on the show, I just smiled and nodded.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The show would have been improved if there was an on-screen counter that kept track of number of residents under the dome at any given time, clicking off when Big Jim stabbed someone, or someone came in, etc

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I think we can all agree this is the most :wtc: show to ever air on national TV. And for that we thank the dome.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah honestly, there truly is no competition for this amount of nonsensical crazy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

r0ck0 posted:

I think we can all agree this is the most :wtc: show to ever air on national TV. And for that we thank the dome.

I mean most shows either lived under the tyranny of having to either reset every episode or generally sorta make sense. Even Lost strung you along pretending to make sense for half a dozen seasons.

Under the Dome both kept you on a string and may as well have reset expectations every episode.

• Locked thread