Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
When this show is over I hope somebody puts together a clipshow of every stabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are you loving kidding me? The world din't get blown up? What was the point of that? Why even do that if you're gonna undo it next episode?

And the way the dome flickered into blue skies as alien lady woke up and explained it was all a test really unconvincingly, I thought the blue skies were the fake and she was lying about nohting happening for some reason, but nope.

The whole meteor thing was just completely pointless.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Congrats on your drive to keep watching the best show on earth.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Seriously, so many goddamn stabbings

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Now all the lesbians are dead. Great job, dome.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I will say, I am enjoying th Big Jim/Julia team up.

I hope those two hook up.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
We're gonna come in the dome, hide here, and make sure it never comes down.

WHY?! :bang:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The old timey lab footage is from 25 years ago.

They have sepia toned footage from 1990

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This new black guy reminds me way too much of the dude from Key and Peele.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

boom boom boom posted:

But in under the dome time thats like 125 years ago, actually before moving pictures were invented so just think about that for a minute.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I never really thought they'd stretch out the pregnancy storyline for more than a season or two, but I wasn't really expecting the baby to be born within a week.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

I only remember Hector telling Jim about the past, so there was the blur of old memories. What were they watching the footage on?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Binary Logic posted:

I only remember Hector telling Jim about the past, so there was the blur of old memories. What were they watching the footage on?

This was the footage the guy who locked Jim in the cage showed him originally a couple episodes ago, that included the scientists jumping off the roof, because someone filmed that for some reason

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone else surprised that there's supposedly 2000 people stuck in the dome? :v:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Xoidanor posted:

Anyone else surprised that there's supposedly 2000 people stuck in the dome? :v:

Well most of the town gatherings at most have 50 so the other 1900 or so must still be in those caves fist fighting for toilet paper.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

I know with such a large, vibrant population there'd be more then enough people to finance a massive black market/fight club taking place in an abandoned farmhouse.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

pentyne posted:

I know with such a large, vibrant population there'd be more then enough people to finance a massive black market/fight club taking place in an abandoned farmhouse.

Whetevr happened to that fight club? I know the chick running it died, but did somebody else step up, or did everybody just go home to play Settlers of Catan?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Whetevr happened to that fight club? I know the chick running it died, but did somebody else step up, or did everybody just go home to play Settlers of Catan?

A 100 or so are dicking around with artificial realities and the kinship while the remaining 1900 are living the good life over at fight club.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

A 100 or so are dicking around with artificial realities and the kinship while the remaining 1900 are living the good life over at fight club.

This is a great image. I'm imagining people occasionally just out of frame going "what the gently caress are these idiots doing this time?!?". Like, "oh you're starting a fire after all the trouble that caused when it was an accident three weeks ago?".

Mainly there's that whole massive-seeming suburban NC area that used to show up before, which is probably full of people just chilling until they run out of toilet paper and have to make a run to the fight club.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really want to see this spinoff. Fear the Under the Dome. A family has to cope with the boredom of living under the Dome. The teen girl is mad because the teen boy gets to use the little solar camping cellphone recharger before her, and the parents explain that it's because he's the one who wins them paper towels and canned water chestnuts at the fight club.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ultramiraculous posted:

This is a great image. I'm imagining people occasionally just out of frame going "what the gently caress are these idiots doing this time?!?". Like, "oh you're starting a fire after all the trouble that caused when it was an accident three weeks ago?".

It's great how the dome is calcifying, but a whole big building burning down didn't cause any problems.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
More aliens coming? Oh god:suicide:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I like Big Jim calling out the lovely writing: "I thought you just said last episode that love was the answer!"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress that scene with Joe singing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't get why, but the dudes casually rolling in a giant prop amethyst was the funniest loving thing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope Big Jim shoots that baby

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope the baby keeps draining people of their alien CGI dot thing, so it grows up super fast, and OMG it turns out it's Angie!

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

boom boom boom posted:

I don't get why, but the dudes casually rolling in a giant prop amethyst was the funniest loving thing.

Because if it was real it would be too heavy to move let alone roll.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

boom boom boom posted:

I hope the baby keeps draining people of their alien CGI dot thing, so it grows up super fast, and OMG it turns out it's Angie!

That... That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Pulled a 3.0 in the ratings. This poo poo is gonna get renewed again!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I enjoyed the realalientalk that Earth is okay but not as great as humans think. And oh by the way there's another alien race that's the real threat!

Could have avoided a lot of conflict if Christine had mentioned that little news item earlier.

Kammat posted:

Pulled a 3.0 in the ratings. This poo poo is gonna get renewed again!
Thanks for the good news. Just as Big Jim is saving the entire town, Dean Norris is carrying this series.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
http://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/under-dome-canceled-at-cbs-819089

Looks like they finally canceled this show

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That blows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Uh great, since they already said the finale will be a cliffhanger.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Under the Dome is the only show I've ever seen where you really have no idea what's going to happen from one episode to the next. I'm genuinely sad to see it go.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Under the Dome is the only show I've ever seen where you really have no idea what's going to happen from one episode to the next. I'm genuinely sad to see it go.

Yes you can't really tell what's going to happen but it would be more impressive if it made any sense.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Awe drat, I'm just half way through season 3 after binge watching for the last couple weeks. Was looking forward to how crazy this show keeps getting.

It's insane how quickly and seamlessly this show transitioned from interesting but flawed to terrible but immensely enjoyable to heckle. I'm going to miss you, Under the dome.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bajaha posted:

Awe drat, I'm just half way through season 3 after binge watching for the last couple weeks. Was looking forward to how crazy this show keeps getting.

It's insane how quickly and seamlessly this show transitioned from interesting but flawed to terrible but immensely enjoyable to heckle. I'm going to miss you, Under the dome.

The transition happened between the announcement and the series premiere.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

All 100% beef cow was the best moment, and lived on in the intro forever. Meat cow is best cow :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why are they cancelling something with good ratings? Its summer shlock, not in their fall lineup.

• Locked thread