Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Also Joe grew like a foot, which they handwaved away saying it was a year later but uh it was just like a few days.

The dome pods ~changes people for the better~, remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My God it has finally become Worse Than Dexter.

Pft. Dexter was terrible because it fell so far. Under The Dome has been a joke its entire run.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Illinois Smith posted:

BIG JIM CAN'T TASTE A MOUTHFUL OF BLOOD

Maybe Ma Rennie has really bad gingivitis, so a little blood isn't out of the ordinary?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
At least they realized they needed to add a snap-cut to some rusty plows, because an in-shape guy couldn't possibly survive a 15' drop off a silo, especially if there was a chance of him falling backward onto farm equipment.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I liked the "insert alien reflection here" graphics where instead of doing anything they just made not-Christine's reflection a blob of motion capture nodes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

lifts cats over head posted:

I tuned in for about five minutes last night. Is Junior an alien now?

Nah, he's just part of some sort of piss-poor excuse for an alien hivemind that apparently previously suffered a planetary extinction event and decided they wanted to have another go at it.

r0ck0 posted:

Hate is an emotion, isn't it?

I mean pain/fear is, based on Hunter's example. Maybe the plan is to go around kneecapping people?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

There are aliens?

I guess there always were? The source material is that there were always aliens, but of the dickhead-adolecent variety who had to be convinced to quit loving around.

In this season of the show, I guess they're finally showing up as a hive mind trying to save, at most, a couple hundred people. They apparently can pop up a massive, impenetrable force field, but can't put up a light show telling everyone that "hey there's a loving world-ending comet/asteroid coming...tell Secret President".

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Binary Logic posted:

I like to believe that in this thread there are some people doing an internet hipster ironic thing of pretending to be too stupid to figure out what's happening, and who would be much happier watching Adam Sandler comedies.

Are you serious?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Apparently deer need significantly more oxygen than humans and just being adjacent to a place with less-than-perfect ventilation will kill them?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Binary Logic posted:

And Junior had some great doofusy "what the gently caress is going on now?" expressions in this episode..

YOU TOLD ME I WAS GONNA HAVE A WOMAN TO PLANT MY SEED IN CHRISTINE

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

A 100 or so are dicking around with artificial realities and the kinship while the remaining 1900 are living the good life over at fight club.

This is a great image. I'm imagining people occasionally just out of frame going "what the gently caress are these idiots doing this time?!?". Like, "oh you're starting a fire after all the trouble that caused when it was an accident three weeks ago?".

Mainly there's that whole massive-seeming suburban NC area that used to show up before, which is probably full of people just chilling until they run out of toilet paper and have to make a run to the fight club.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I like Big Jim calling out the lovely writing: "I thought you just said last episode that love was the answer!"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress that scene with Joe singing.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Under the Dome is the only show I've ever seen where you really have no idea what's going to happen from one episode to the next. I'm genuinely sad to see it go.

The writers seem just as surprised week-to-week. Everyone's in on the suspense!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Not only was the writing as bizarre as ever, but people were doing a lot of weird annunciations of the lines. Joe's taking his sleepingBAHG out to the park and there's gonna be a government quaranTEEN.

I also really liked Sam's :shrug: to the kids when it turns out "welp! I guess we're not having you guys kill yourselves today!".

Edit: and I just watched some more and if that wasn't a take on the Metal Gear exclamation sound when Julia went in with the crowbar I don't know what it was.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

r0ck0 posted:

I think we can all agree this is the most :wtc: show to ever air on national TV. And for that we thank the dome.

I mean most shows either lived under the tyranny of having to either reset every episode or generally sorta make sense. Even Lost strung you along pretending to make sense for half a dozen seasons.

Under the Dome both kept you on a string and may as well have reset expectations every episode.

• Locked thread