Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Any chance of a native OS X 10.15/Catalina update in the foreseeable future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

We have a group server and set up a bunch of fishing holes in various biomes with a piggy bank by each one, and then half a dozen chests by the angler back at town. Whenever you’d do a quest, you’d pull like four of what he wanted using the piggy bank, and then store it all for the group effort. Didn’t take long until it was like 80% likely on any given day that we’d already have what he was after, made the fishing stuff a lot simpler.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you put the fish in your bank and close it, it counts as not having it at all, and then your day’s catch is waiting for you at home. That’s how we did it, anyhow: catch a fish, bank it, repeat. Then just transfer them to the communal fish boxes in the angler’s house upon return.

And you can HOLD multiples, that doesn’t cause any trouble, you just can’t catch another if you’re already holding one.

e: They don’t stack, of course.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 12, 2019

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sorry, typo, he meant “the end of summers,” as in, the next ice age, or possibly the end of the world. The latter of those may actually be pretty quick here, so there’s that!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m currently paying for a server slot on Nodecraft that I’m not using now winter’s over. I was gonna shut it off, but with the new release not far away, I’m thinking maybe I’ll hop back on there, anyone interested in a goon server?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

With or without furnace-operated elevator trees?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’d like inter dimensional travel via some sort of gate (building or device or I don’t care what) that eats a material item. The gate takes you to a world that is your world’s seed + the material’s ID. Then it’s reproducible, but random worlds are accessible from each initial world generated by the game, and gathering materials from a second world could unlock others, and so on.

Or maybe incorporate the seed of the world you’re actually in into the gate destination so the only way to get to world C is from B which you got to from A, requiring a chained access path every time.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Kalas posted:

They could use the original seed, then run it through the world builder a bit more to make progressively more and more alien worlds.

Oh I like that, so the further you go from home, the more degraded a take on the original world it becomes. That alone could be some plot stuff, to boot.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Peachfart posted:

Hoping we get a bunch of multiplayer servers up for this, since the only friend I have that plays Terraria does so on PS4 and I'm on PC. I'm excited!

I got a hosted server sitting idle for a while now, just haven’t shut it off, but now I probably won’t, I offer the server as tribute to the thread.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I think journey mode sounds like the biz.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I went with some sort of stilt pagoda hotel thing in my last world:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This update is supposed to drop in about a week, right?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

graynull posted:

The 16th, in two days. Get your hole (digging tools) ready.

Cool. Sent my hosting service a note asking what their ETA is for updated Terraria instances.

e: Well that was a quick response. Sounds like they update their images directly from steam so, like, right away. YEEHAW

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dareon posted:

CLANG gently caress CLANG poo poo CLANG EHHHHH

"Well I'm getting close to broke and this one is only a LITTLE worse than what I started with, guess I'll stop here'

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

are there going to be goon servers? will any be amenable to a guy who hasn't played since like 2012? my conception of Terraria is "dig down and find cool stuff and build a house"

I used to like to make houses underwater by displacing water with blocks and that's my highlight

Buddy if you don’t know all the crazy speed run min-max tricks and just want to drown while building a house you’ll fit right in, don’t be shy

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Any recommended specs for a large world multiplayer server? Dedicated. I’m guessing ram is the biggest demand?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’ll be running one hosted in Chicago, I think it was. Maybe St. Louis? I’ll double check in a bit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m sure it’ll take my hosting service a little bit to update so I’m going to aim to fire up a server around noon central.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Working on it, assuming the host has updated. If not I’ll ping their support, they’re SUPER responsive.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

creamcorn posted:

anyone else constantly crashing to desktop on boot? no idea what's causing it, it's not like this game is demanding lol.
Have steam verify the local files? That's always my first response to consistent crashes on any steam game.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jagged Jim posted:

Although I'm not sure if the context of this means "Oh no, Shaty's been hurt! :ohdear:" or " I must hurt Shanty! :black101:"

First one, then the other.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, small delay on my server. They're getting hammered by people trying to deploy new Terraria servers and apparently suffering a bit of rate limiting from Steam because of that, ha. I'll keep trying.

And confirmed, the server will be in Chicago. I'll make it a large world, Journey. Don't stop believin'.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Money duplication can be researched with 100 of a coin. I'm already up to 2 platinum from a fresh character/world and it's still the first night. This mode is hilarious.

Whooooops :D

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Apparently Journey mode does allow fine-tuned control of the extra controls:

code:
#Journey mode power permissions for every individual power. 0: Locked for everyone, 1: Can only be changed by host, 2: Can be changed by everyone
#journeypermission_time_setfrozen=2
#journeypermission_time_setdawn=2
#journeypermission_time_setnoon=2
#journeypermission_time_setdusk=2
#journeypermission_time_setmidnight=2
#journeypermission_godmode=2
#journeypermission_wind_setstrength=2
#journeypermission_rain_setstrength=2
#journeypermission_time_setspeed=2
#journeypermission_rain_setfrozen=2
#journeypermission_wind_setfrozen=2
#journeypermission_increaseplacementrange=2
#journeypermission_setdifficulty=2
#journeypermission_biomespread_setfrozen=2
#journeypermission_setspawnrate=2
e: Goonlandia is en route but they are getting SUPER hammered by all us Terraria nerds.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 16, 2020

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cloudflare is literally having to engage DDoS protections on a lot of hosting providers' websites ahahaha ffs

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

goodness posted:

Can anyone get multiplayer to work?

I got my kids goofing around on a local multiplayer server in journey mode right now.

But my sweet Goonlandia may have to wait until tomorrow, hosting provider is still getting slammed to pieces. I've always been extremely happy with them, the servers are great and the support is top notch, but apparently a lot of other people feel the same way.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Stealtharcher, if you're around, the server could use an update and restart.. getting some mad lag here.

And version mismatches, this is an outrage

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Hence the 'update' part. :wink:

What do you want, a server AND reading comprehension?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

OH SNAP

Journey mode: goon.nodecraft.gg, g00nz

Personally, I'm starting a wholly new character.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 17, 2020

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I mean...no, but I’m assuming one of you is running the server locally?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Dedicated server has some weird lag stuff but host n play seems rock solid.

It seems to be a client issue, as reconnecting clears the issue, while the server chugs happily along. Unless the server is stacking something up specific to that client, I suppose.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Reposting the discord link, apparently there were issues: https://discord.gg/PXbc8K

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So if you have a goofy rgb keyboard like I do, this new version of Terraria will depict your environment on it. Like, mine's a nice forest green with blue rain drops falling down right now, because I'm in the forest and it's raining. That was unexpected.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Doesn’t seem to do anything special for me? Except it says generating bees throughout world gen, but it’s otherwise normal.

e: Journey mode helped

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

As for hardmode on my server, I think it’s gonna be sitting pre-mechanical-bosses for a bit...a pirate invasion was beaten back with much effort, but it’s been a full wipe every time one of the mechanical bosses has shown up. More prep is pending and will be for a while, so I wouldn’t give up on it because of that one step.

On a side note: Zenith is new, right? I don’t recall the terra blade crafting tree going on that long :aaa:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Player's on my server: we're discussing the possibility of a server rollback to pre-hardmode. Nothing is set yet, but we have the option and are talking about it on discord. If anyone has an opinion, let me know or hop on the discord group.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bad Munki posted:

Player's on my server: we're discussing the possibility of a server rollback to pre-hardmode. Nothing is set yet, but we have the option and are talking about it on discord. If anyone has an opinion, let me know or hop on the discord group.

It is done, my server is pre-hardmode, restored from a backup circa 8PM central last night, I think less than an hour before WoF got deaded and everything went all pear shaped. If someone needs it for some reason, I have a backup of the world as it was today just prior to rollback.

We'll probably take a server vote before doing THAT again, so it should stay safe for a bit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And don't be afraid to play with the wiki open for guidance. For instance, if you want to go on a long chase for an awesome but complicated item, look up "cell phone," which can be made entirely pre-hardmode.

Or any of the balloon combos, or the boot crafting tree.

Also, don't just look down! There's some stuff up, too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Johnny Joestar posted:

forgot that i have a rgb keyboard and hooked it up to work with terraria. it's a pretty feature! seeing it all light up red when i hit the crimson was neat.

Yeah it was totally unexpected. Try generating a new world and tell me how many times you hit H hoping for some secret bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i wish i had people to play with

all my friends got their terraria bug out years ago

Let goons fill your friendship hole

Discord: https://discord.gg/VhHXqM

StealthArcher's Fuckbucket Master Server:
IP: 104.246.132.142
Port: 7777, 7778, 7779 (Medium, Large, Large Bees)
Password: lljk

Munki's Journey Server:
goon.nodecraft.gg
Password: g00nz

I don't know how many people are usually on Archer's, but the other is usually 6-8 people afternoon-evening.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 19, 2020