Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fakeaccount posted:

I kept finding myself looking at Ebay and craigslist today, searching for anything with t-tops. What is going through my head?

The growth of a mullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Comrade Flynn posted:

Oh god functioning AC is amazing. I just drove around in the Lambo for an hour to cool off. What bizzarro world is this.

I used to find that Euro cars had sucky air con. What's the Lambo's like?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Yeah. The American system of picking your own liability coverage terrifies me. Basic mandatory minimum should be sufficient third-party cover to deal with, say, 99% of relevant example cases. A five or six figure number is simply unacceptable.

Same. In the state l live in, in Australia, we have compulsory third party public liability insurance, which goes well into the tens of millions. On top of that I have full comprehensive insurance.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Driving back home from the country today, weather is shithouse, cold and wet.

On the freeway doing 110km/h when I feel the power drop in my car. I look at the rev counter then the speedo and noticed the speedo was saying 160km/h. The passenger side front wheel must have hit some oil or was on a very slick surface and just started spinning. Thankfully after a few seconds it gripped up again and continued on as if nothing happened.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tommychu posted:

Welp, Roadkill has a paywall now. Videos get released behind it, and then move to YouTube a month later.

Da fuk. God drat it :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not too much of a problem really - the content just takes a bit longer to go free.

However they should try Patreon like Chris Harris did. he's up to about 6K a video which has to be more than the alternatives. RCR also got good funding via Patreon too - Roadkill could eaaaasily get a few grand per month, likely a whole lot more.

Motor Trend are (or a part of) a massive publishing company, they don't need to do this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Adiabatic posted:

Halt and Catch Fire is on Netflix and I've been watching the poo poo out of it recently. It's like Mad Men, in the 80s, with hardware and BIOS wars.

If that doesn't make you cum all over the loving place, I'm at a loss.
Plus the blonde female character hates wearing bras

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SuperDucky posted:

Paging CommieGIR: (sorry, my phone is dead, new one ETA: saturday): you wanna go to the incubus concert?

e: and/or how much do you want to DD a pre LCI e70x5 for the night?

He's on probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Previa_fun posted:

I'm probably going to ride Windows 7 for as long as I can get away with it, that is probably until a build a new rig next year.

I like aero, don't judge. :colbert:

Same. Windows 7 is the best Windows since Windows 2000.

• Locked thread