Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Eat me, fatso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

Kats a work in progress. Wouldn't be surprised if I've dropped Kat by today. I'm getting ready for work, might put something out on my commute.

:v:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Yeah, the game probably didn't need that extra scum. It was heavily stacked against town. They only made two mistakes including D1 and they already lost.

Live and learn dude, it was a good set up and I like the flavour.

I personally think it should be way harder to win as scum than as town because it forces scum to be creative and makes them paranoid. Also because it's so much more fun being scum, being able to chat with your scum buddies.

I was really pleased to get the call right on Gwyn, thinking he would follow his brother's call.

Gwyn well done for going 2 for 2 on the Vig kills. Keep your head up in the next game and don't do the whole Anidav "woe is me" schtick.

Yes Gaspy you picked me day one, well done :) I am actually disappointed that we didn't actually get to go at it today. I went away for a walk and had a great reply, but it was all over. I was really hoping I could get you to change your mind or at least doubt yourself, or even better get town to lynch you!

I actually do think making a mass role claim was anti-town day 1 when there were people will vanilla roles so I was being honest.

Bif, you were the straightest shooter out of all the townsfolk. Usually you get in a messy fight with Beet or something over semantics and it just gets murky. You stayed above the fray and were actually being really protown. You had a good game.

Thanks to Kat for the chats in the scum doc and TOML for playing wii golf, going to Kareoke etc etc :)

Thanks again Anidav, it takes a lot of work getting this stuff organised. I am sad its over.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Further evidence that Gwyn is (generally) some kind of savant and should have won the drat thing.

Thanks Anidav, it was a fun game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Much like console wars, I wanted to experiment with roles and setups to see if I can find something fun and balanced.

I just didn't anticipate the series of events that led to a quick townie cull. I should have made this a 20 player game with 5 more vanilla town or something.

Quick townie cull? Lynching mostly town for a while should be quite expected. And you had a vig in the mix too, that always speeds things up. Like how could we do much better than having the vig kill a ninja D1, that still amazes me Gwyn! Given a vig like Milky instead, and a standard crapshoot mislynch on D1, we'd have been down to 12 players D2, 7 votes to lynch... That's the whole town needed already, yikes.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kat Delacour posted:

Wait was Kommando town lover or 3P survivor lover?

He said one thing but Anidav says another! Naughty little liar!

He was town according to my PM, which is why I kept insisting that "if you lynch me, you lose a townie" because I don't like lying.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Had Kommando not turned on his lover I do think you would have rounded in on us and it would have been closer. FS I was suprised lasted as long as he did with Gaspy pitbulling him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Freudian Slip posted:

Yes Gaspy you picked me day one, well done :) I am actually disappointed that we didn't actually get to go at it today. I went away for a walk and had a great reply, but it was all over. I was really hoping I could get you to change your mind or at least doubt yourself, or even better get town to lynch you!

I actually do think making a mass role claim was anti-town day 1 when there were people will vanilla roles so I was being honest.

Yep you were like my scum soul brother this game, this is how I always am with Gaspy!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Thanks to Kat for the chats in the scum doc and TOML for playing wii golf, going to Kareoke etc etc :)
Hahaha this is pretty much on the money, I am sorry scumbros, thanks for carrying the game for me.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mithranderp posted:

He was town according to my PM, which is why I kept insisting that "if you lynch me, you lose a townie" because I don't like lying.

Ha! Good detail.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

Haha I didn't notice that, clever!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I also said "I'm a lover, not a fighter" somewhere along the lines. I wanted to see if someone would pick that up :P

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i feel like if Sky Coq had made it to n2 or n3 this game would've been very different. lie detector seems to me to be an outrageously strong role.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It all looked balanced when I wrote it. I guess there's a vast difference between paper and practice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

Had Kommando not turned on his lover I do think you would have rounded in on us and it would have been closer. FS I was suprised lasted as long as he did with Gaspy pitbulling him.

I don't know... I was looking at TOML for hammering and I was certainly being cautious of a godfather what with there being both a cop and deputy. But I picked TOML cause I thought he'd be least likely to be godfather cause he wasn't out there grabbing attention. :v:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
gg scum, that was a fun game. Thanks, anidav.

Thanidav.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know... I was looking at TOML for hammering and I was certainly being cautious of a godfather what with there being both a cop and deputy. But I picked TOML cause I thought he'd be least likely to be godfather cause he wasn't out there grabbing attention. :v:

my absence was either a masterful scum play or just a busy social schedule, it's really up to you which

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

would love to know what this was about

Matthew Beet posted:

While on this note, something odd happened last night. A player here sent me a forums pm after the flip and I don't really think they should have. It was about the game, but they weren't talking about alignment or roles or anything, they weren't trying to suggest I do something or not do something. It doesn't give me anymore info on this person, though I could hypothesise either way based on its content. I didn't respond.

I'm being cagey because I don't want to say who it is straight out, but I want it known publicly that we shouldn't be doing that! Unless you have a role that allows it and even then it goes by the mod.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

I also said "I'm a lover, not a fighter" somewhere along the lines. I wanted to see if someone would pick that up :P

I was wondering at one point if Gaspy and Gwyn were lovers instead and that was the ~data~ but it didn't really mesh with the idea of getting to "use cool powers." And then Gwyn said that stuff about getting a read by talking to him, so :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Like on paper it looked like both town and scum had a number of avenues to victory. Lie detector + Gwynstinct + Cop + Backup Cop + Doctor + Watcher. That looked powerful on paper. The lovers thing is a twist and Scum has a Ninja and a restricted bus driver. maybe I could've removed the godfather but I wanted to do HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray Cop.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't think town were overly disadvantaged in the setup, I don't really see how Mith is scum as opposed to 3P.

Consider if Freudian Slip hadn't been allowed to self-bus: he's vigged, Gwyn's alive. Also consider if Kommando hadn't been a loving moron, difficult I know, but today could conceivably have been something like 4 town (including cop & vig)/2 scum/2 3P.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Self-bussing was a thought but I remembered that previous Auspol games had allowed it and let it pass through.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

maybe this says more about me than about mafia, but if i run any more games, none of them are going to have a busdriver or a lie detector

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also, dead doc.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thanks

scum doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UJnIEsv1ppVTqFZmND_j2EdSfqQ5iS2Hon6D1Qgi9CM/edit

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I am simultaneously proud of my aim and sickened by my composure.

Good game, Anidav, buncha fun!

If I ever run a game. I'm gonna modkill anyone who posts less than five times a day.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mith is a 3rd party that would show up as scum but it might've been simpler just to make both Kommando and Mith Lover Survivors.

I was just trying something new and the "Tragic Lovers" had me intrigued.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

I am simultaneously proud of my aim and sickened by my composure.

Good game, Anidav, buncha fun!

If I ever run a game. I'm gonna modkill anyone who posts less than five times a day.

quote from here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706186&pagenumber=81&perpage=40#post443086685

quote:

The “Do You Even Exist” award goes to: Gwynplaine! Congratulations Gwynplaine, you made fewer than half as many posts as Votefinder.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

Yeah, the game probably didn't need that extra scum. It was heavily stacked against town. They only made two mistakes including D1 and they already lost.

Live and learn dude, it was a good set up and I like the flavour.

I personally think it should be way harder to win as scum than as town because it forces scum to be creative and makes them paranoid. Also because it's so much more fun being scum, being able to chat with your scum buddies.

I was really pleased to get the call right on Gwyn, thinking he would follow his brother's call.

Gwyn well done for going 2 for 2 on the Vig kills. Keep your head up in the next game and don't do the whole Anidav "woe is me" schtick.

Bif, you were the straightest shooter out of all the townsfolk. Usually you get in a messy fight with Beet or something over semantics and it just gets murky. You stayed above the fray and were actually being really protown. You had a good game.

Thanks again Anidav, it takes a lot of work getting this stuff organised. I am sad its over.

Lol no a mass claim works in towns favour unless it's a game full of weird roles, (this wasnt) and it's amusing that the two most against it, Kat and FS, were scum. I was waiting till after the game to do the analysis but it's sorta half done.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Beet, does the loadout look okay, or did I miscalculate how things would go?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm kinda glad I got killed for maybe being a cop and not for the nurse joke :v:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Wasn't the mafia game the one where I was noir posting and still hardly avoiding attention. Fair cop if not. Lurking for life yo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Beet, does the loadout look okay, or did I miscalculate how things would go?

I'm the wrong person to ask because I've never ran a game sorry dude.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

I made a "Where is the love" post too.

Dropping hints.

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think town were overly disadvantaged in the setup, I don't really see how Mith is scum as opposed to 3P.

Consider if Freudian Slip hadn't been allowed to self-bus: he's vigged, Gwyn's alive. Also consider if Kommando hadn't been a loving moron, difficult I know, but today could conceivably have been something like 4 town (including cop & vig)/2 scum/2 3P.

Rough mate. I gave you two deaths that were not in the towns favor.

Anidav posted:

Mith is a 3rd party that would show up as scum but it might've been simpler just to make both Kommando and Mith Lover Survivors.

I was just trying something new and the "Tragic Lovers" had me intrigued.

Its a pretty bullshit role. Survivors are generally dreadful to play because you never hear the bullet that kills you. lovers are funny, lover survivors from opposite camps is thin ice during a thaw.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The powers do seem nicely matched against each other, but bus drivers make it hard to judge. A scum bus driver is also way more powerful than a town one, since they can talk and coordinate with their bros for maximum evil chaos.

Aside from the powers though, it's also good to run a worst case scenario for each team and see how many nights each would last, just based off the raw numbers alone.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Eh. Next time I'll just give that role set to Gaspy and Bifauxnen. Sounds like fun given to the right people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, it was almost like that when Milky gave us roleplay requirements to argue with each other in character!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'll take the feedback to heart next time but atleast feel fresh about these new ideas :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bullshit role but even if it was, there was absolutely no pressure on you despite your left field posts and absolutely no reason or excuse to out Mith as well and get her lynched and end her game just because you weren't feeling great about your prospects.

And it's kind of rich coming from someone who in response to my problems with a confirmed town bulletproof mason in their last setup said "it is what it is," but evidently that doesn't apply when you're playing or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I'll take the feedback to heart next time but atleast feel fresh about these new ideas :v:

It's really good seeing new ideas in games and then see them popping up again later on. You're a good mod keep it up.

• Locked thread