Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have to play a lot of dragonball xenoverse in the next two weeks so my plate is clear for godzilla to fill my halfbaked but endearing japanese game of the moment position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

You have to play?

i enjoy it and want to beat it by a deadline.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Whoa wait there's going to be a Godzilla game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT-gs7bUlic

full on city destruction kaiju brawler? gently caress yes even if it plays/runs like poo poo i want to play it.

7/14

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I just finished Stick it to the Man and it was pretty fun!

any replayability? i heard it was like 3 hours long.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Currently playing
banner saga
alpha protocol
batman
dragonball
Ys
Gonna keep playing these games in july

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

How is banner saga, I got it on sale because i was in the mood for more story focused games. But that mood went away and i've yet to play it.

its good. its a nice take on tbs games. you have an armor and a strength stat and strength is your hp and attack power and your damage is absorbed by armor. you get to decide which stat to attack. you play as a race of giants and get dragged into human problems and everything is very melancholy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

which version of fft? the one for psp runs spell animation at like 1/3rd speed and its a real killer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I'm glad I am not one of the poor saps who purchased a Vita.

mods?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

is arkham knight any good on ps4?

its good in the sense that it works and looks good. its meh in the sense that most of the game is tedious side "quests" and the main story is like 4 hours long (and very dumb for plot reasons and also several car based boss fights)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you never played a dmc game and wanted to check one out would you get:

1-3 in the hd collection for 360
4 special edition
or DmC definitive edition?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how much saints row IV do i need to play before i can fly around? driving loving sucks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Like 10 minutes from what I remember. It's not long anyway.

thanks. i got to the open world and the first thing it wants is me to waste money on car customization and i got worried.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shadow warrior 2 has wolverine claws and dying light style parkour? i'm sold.

the current game is really cool but leaves a lot to be desired in its rated encounter based combat, key hunting level progression, and slooooow trickle of new weapons, enemies, and powers

opening up the levels a bit, having a friend along with you, etc will go a long way.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 9, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gaming: dead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I am having a really hard time replaying some of the older games I've already beat. I don't know how some people can burn right through the FFV Fiesta 4-8 times like they do but there you go.

Also one of my cats didn't come home last night and now I am worried sick that something happened to her. I hope she comes home safely soon. :(

good luck with the cat.

i'm with you on replay too. i very rarely do it because there are hundreds of games i've never played lurking out there. my exceptions are when i find out about a super cheesy gimmick that breaks a game hard. then i can't resist

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Critical feline update: She's home, and is currently grooming her sister in a most :shobon: way.

Good kitty. :3:

if you live in america "keep the fuckers inside"

if you live in uk "supervise the garden time"

if you live elsewhere an asian man may eat your cat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

My cat really wants to go outside and chase pigeons but I'm scared to death she'll get clobbered by the cars, this being an apartment complex. I feel guilty as heck keeping her inside though :(

get a harness and take her outside and go where she wants to go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

FactsAreUseless is just jealous of me which frankly is kind of sad because I haven't ever done anything really noteworthy. Live your own life dude, don't stay in my shadow.

fau is cool tho.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ori is like metroid mixed with super meat boy and is much more focused on precise jumping than other games in the genre with combat automated/out of the player's control. guacamelee is more balanced with equal parts tricky jumps and brawler combat. Axiom verge feels like a game from 20 years ago in a bad way once the nostalgia wears off. the bosses are real bad but its still a fun game once you get into it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just beat alpha protocol. a very unfun game with some very good ideas in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah the big draw of AP is how the timed mood choices you make during conversations and the missions you choose can transform the game's story and mission availablity pretty dramatically.

its also one of the worst and most unbalanced 3rd person shooters i've ever played

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gamestop realized holding a copy of chronotrigger wasn't costing their stores any money and some idiot on the internet would pay 89.99 instead of emulating.

Anatharon posted:

So apparently star citizen actually became a real game? i don't care if it's bad or good or whatever, but is that a true statement or is it just technically functional in a loose defintion of the term 'game'

they released a very bad 6 person pvp module called arena commander and a hanger module that lets you see the ship they fooled you into buying. they delayed their fps module that was supposed to be out already and nothing else has a release date.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 14, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

If you're buying a used game then why not just emulate/:filez: it since the developers aren't going to make any money off of your purchase anyways and 99% of the time an emulator will give you the superior experience.

because "better on vinyl" has been overapplied to all media and people are dumb hoarders

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man metro last light is wayy better than 2033. guns still feel like you're shooting air but the level design, pacing, set pieces make me actually want to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

man metro last light is wayy better than 2033. guns still feel like you're shooting air but the level design, pacing, set pieces make me actually want to play.

never mind this post, i just got to the on rails cart section where you need to push a dead train half a mile. zzzzzzzz gently caress metro.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

dying light is a cool game but its insistence in taking away all your gear for boss fights with no real reasoning loving sucks

yeah the main story missions keep getting worse until the end, which is crazy bad and frustrating.

the side missions all sound deceptively easy but then spiral out into lists of fetch quests so that it takes like 10 trips across the map to complete them

luckily the gameplay is very strong. hoping they redesign the structure if they do a sequel (although i'd like to see them do something other than zombies)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Which way does Axiom Verge lean on that scale, anyway, it looks like it might be kinda pixel-hunt-y :(

axiom verge is all about using the right thing on the right pixel which may or may not be visually distinct from the background. its also all about bad boss fights and saving all the movement upgrades that make the game less tedious to play for the final act

definitely one of the more overhyped games this year.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 16, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Well that's pretty damning, maybe I'll give that one a pass after all :(

its fun, i beat it, but you have to be really bored of playing super metroid to enjoy it because it does things differently just to do them differently and subvert your expectations but a lot of the time its something dumb like a fake boss fight (there's a long stretch of consecutive boss fights that are fake and not actually boss fights in a game with too few bosses that aren't poo poo) or an item that is a pain in rear end to use until the end of the game.

oh also the enemies in the final sections of the game are really bullshit and the sound effects throughout are aggressively bad.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 16, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

most of the music in AV is good. that one song with the vocal though is very bad and annoying in a tough area you spend a lot of time in. the sound effects ruin all the music though. gently caress that low health noise and the sound of some of those guns/enemies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 has a funny ending where you punch a boulder in a volcano

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guacmelee's platforming is mainly saved for item pickups and some of those rooms are devious

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

yeah why would a series of videos use a thumbnail that denotes that it is an entry in that series? don't these people know that I have more important things to do than sit still for literally five seconds???? me me me me

someone told me avgn was funny once but i couldn't get past the 46 second intro song he put in all his videos about eating out a skunks bhole.

anything over 8 seconds is probably too long. anything approaching a minute is boneheaded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Southern Heel posted:

I really enjoyed being a knuckle-dragging CoD:Modern Warfare player on the Xbox 360 - is there an equivalent high-quality multiplayer FPS that IS NOT vehicle/massive/TF2-based? With so many iterative releases I'm not sure what's 'good' out there at the moment.

theres a new cod every year. the last one was considered the best in a while.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously I saved her from the TV and she's supposed to go to lunch with me and she's just not appearing in the shopping district.

did you wait until she was recovered? you have to wait the whole time limit for saving her if you get her early

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah it was during Kanji's captured thing.

I wound up doing stuff with Marie.

yukiko generally waits for you by the shoe lockers at the front entrance of the school more often than in town in my experience.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I checked by the Lockers she wasn't there

sucks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

some of those platforming challenges were utter bastards near the end, jesus.

told ya

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Luckily the checkpointing in the game was hypertolerant (usually) and among bullshit challenges platforming ones are probably the ones I can best adapt to / find least frustrating

yeah its one of those games that gently puts you back at the last place you touched before falling.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Playing through Twilight Princess again got me thinking. Are there any "Zelda clones" out there? Metroidvanias are kind of a dime-a-dozen these days so I'm wondering if anything really captures that ol' Zelda formula in the same way.

All I can think of is Okami and Darksiders.

alundra on ps1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Literally The Worst posted:

also lol at the guy who only played two thirds of the game giving advice

maxed my team SL

• Locked thread