Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

pretty sure Nintendo owns 100% of SMRPG that isn't the music used during the Culex dialog/battle.
Supposedly Square owns the rights to Geno and Mallow, but actually confirming any info related to SMRPG IP rights is basically impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Mods please rename thread to The Sanctity of This Place has been Fouled
Please... listen to me. The Archbishop Widestancer, she led us down there to find the good posts... the bastard led us into a trap! Now they're all dead, killed by a demon they call Taint Reaper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I legitimately could not tell you anything about what happens in FF9 after disc 2.
Here's a hint: all the awesome bits.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FF9's plot is so much simpler than 7 or 8's.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

See, that means it's ripe for replaying. Although I'd recommend replaying something a little better.

FF9 has no awesome bits, unless you count making the hidden superboss a beach ball.
Your posting just keeps on getting worse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Is there a rule that every thread in Games has to have a dadjoke in its title or is it just one of those things that has been happening for so long that nobody really questions it anymore.
Dadjokes own.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lern2laff, scrublord. And then learn to scrub, and scrub the freaking floors, because they're dirty from where you're leaving piles of your posts on them!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[in single breath] punisher-i-ardly-know-er

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One time somebody gave me a custom title just reading "im trash" in tiny letters because they thought I was insulting Vilerat. I wasn't.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Don't post in Imp Zone.

edit: everybody
Actually, everyone except this guy is welcome. Imp Zone is a place where people actually like games instead of hate them, and you can talk about games you like instead of wallowing in extremely GBS negativity.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I'm easily the worst poster in Imp Zone but I've yet to have anyone buy me an angry av.

Stay safe, gamers.
The worst poster in Imp Zone is that BYOB guy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Everyone is a BYOB guy, when you think about it

also why would someone who doesn't like Games post in a forum about Games? hosed up if true mang
I don't know, but they do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

T-the puppetmaster?! This guy's as powerful as Kefka... or even the masterful manipulator Kuja! D-drat!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

ahahahaha *wheeze* dance, puppets, dance *grabs his inhaler* *passes out*
This is literally Porky's final monologue in Mother 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Act 3 of Policenauts sure was Act 3 of Policenauts.
Imagine if it wasn't. Imagine if it was a cutscene from Bust-a-Move 4.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Colonel posted:

A cutscene from Bust-a-Move 4 where a space cop preserved in cryogenic stasis is rescued from the new corrupt space cops by the hot daughter of his ex-wife who then confesses her love to him on the couch.
Yeah, that's the ending for completing versus computer with G, the powerful old man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bramb is the best character, though, as everyone knows.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Japan, Toki Tori Panic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I feel like now his death is my fault.
Mods, change this guy's name to Bile Duct Growth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I will probably play Twilight Princess with my wife, on the way to our 100 percent all Zelda completion quest, and maybe some more Mario 3D world. I'm currently in the last level of, I think world 6? It's the one with the train, and I'm having difficulty getting all the stars in it.

We'll pour out some chu jelly for Iwata.
You need to start the level with a cat power up, if it's the train I think it is. I mean you don't HAVE to, but it's way easier.

Are you getting the gold flag every level?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

John Quixote posted:

I had a bad weekend so I'm going to have a good Monday instead. I'm ordering some pizza and also playing retro games...but there's too many games to choose from !! This is the life...

What's this about chain stores stocking retro games now? When did that start being a thing?
There's always been a market for overpriced copies of retro games, I think GameStop's always had them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Some guy in Great Yarmouth: Gosh, why the heck do movies look okay in 24 frames per second but video games don't?
Guy's friend: What are you talking about? We're about to die from the zeppelin bombs, you bloody idiot!
It's true, war disrupts developments in art.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yet it furthers others.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

being a big fan of video games, i really enjoy playing games. i think every year that passes it is better to be a gamer because there are more video games. you have all cumulative years of games. i wonder how much gaming my future grand children will enjoy
They will slave in the sugar mines for giant ants.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The experience will be remarkably like Candy Crush.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I feel bad for you, son.
This guy's got 99 problems but a meme ain't one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I do "99 Problems" at karaoke a lot. It's a good song.
You hate women.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I take back what I said, memes are loving stupid and it's ok to hate them
Wow... this guy love memes! This guy loves memes like the four birds meme and the new kind of bagel meme.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me: Do you know any good memes?

CJacobs: Yeah, I love all of the good memes, such as the baseball shortstop meme, the seven glorious memes, the strange giraffe meme, and the uncertain beetle meme.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ekster posted:

A meme is a joke that gets run into the ground.
I think it's unfair to call your mom a meme, she wasn't really "run into the ground," she just fell off the bed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's your 25 pizzas, sir, here they are, the pizzas that you ordered, this is them.

I did not order any pizzas.

Actually sir, you did sir, you ordered 25 pizzas, yes, 25 pizzas right to this address, and this is those pizzas, these are they.

But I did not order any pizzas.

You ordered 25 pizzas and I, the pizza man, brought them to your door.

I did not do that. The thing you say, it was not me, I did not.

You did, and I have the pizzas to prove it.

No, stop, I don't like them, I don't want them, o cruel fate.

The pizzas, the pizzas, you must.

No, no, it is too much and too many.

Here they are, sir, here are the pizzas.

Please stop, please.

I cannot, you ordered 25 pizzas and must eat them, you must do it now.

It is too many crusts, too many pepperonis upon them.

You must do it, they have to be eaten, and you have ordered them. You have called us, and called this bounty of pizzas on yourself.

No, not bounty, no.

These are the pizzas, and they are what they are, the situation will not change.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theultimo posted:

Diablo is still sold here, perhaps your state can't handle the heat?
I can only find the second and third ones here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theultimo posted:

Come to Minnesota, home of Dee fried butter
Dee makes one hell of a fried butter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's stupid that in the IGN video they let the two most boring people speak, then fill the background with weirdos who are all probably way more interesting but don't let them talk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

i think its stupid that the video wasn't "hey lets show someone accomplish a tangible goal." that video is way overdue.
I'd settle for watching someone eat a tangerine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fonzarelli posted:

i played clive barker's undying when i was 12 and thought it owned

does it actually own or was I just stupid and young? Should i play it?
It mostly sucks but it's got some cool bits too, it's way better than every other Clive Barker game but I wouldn't replay it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i'm going to, that's next. i have to play them all.
Seriously don't. It's bad in ways that are very unfun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i know, i have heard. :(

my wife and i undertook a quest to play every zelda game though, and if i can somehow play four swords, i imagine i can deal with the spirit tracks. the good news is that after that one and skyward sword (which i already played), we get ALBW (which i haven't played yet).
Spirit Tracks is literally the only Zelda game I would recommend skipping, and it's a series that has a number of weird and flawed games. Spirit Tracks is just awful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blartsploitation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Blacksploitation is a lot like the 80s in that people with no actual exposure to or familiarity with it love to bust out lazy parodies based on what they think it's like.
It's like every time you talk about sex.

• Locked thread