Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUs-ITmi_u4

Hello everyone! All the information coming out about Street Fighter V has made me want to run a game set in the Street Fighter universe. I'd be running it using the free Final Stand system, available on the author's website here. It's a simple system and it makes cool fights happen fast. Don't worry if you've never heard of it before! It's very simple and is 23 pages long. The layout is garbage, but essentially if you want to make a character all you need to do is pick a Style, Form and Stereotype. Remember that the stereotypes/quirks can be modified if they don't quite fit your character.

Here's what you need to know:
The game will take place sometime after the ending of Street Fighter 4, where M. Bison kicked Seth's rear end for having the gall to become more than a mindless servant. You won't be playing as one of the Street Fighter characters, but rather someone who might get involved with them at some point. Just make a character who gets into fights and we'll figure out what's happening in the world afterwards.

Don't worry too much about making a character that gets along with others. The game is pretty good about having players fight each other. You could be working for Shadaloo or be a police officer for the HKPD or a schoolgirl who wants to be like Hakan when she grows up, as long as there's some sort of reason you would get into some fist fights.

I'm not sure if there will be any actual interest for this so I'm not going to set a deadline for submissions or anything, but making a character takes like 10 minutes so if I get enough interest I'll get started quick.

Pros and cons of playing this instead of actual Street Fighter:

Pros:
You get to play as that one character you made up when you were a teenager.
You don't have to purchase extra costumes as DLC.
No need to input full circle motions to perform command throws.
Skullomania might be canon.
Cons:
Insane lag. It sometimes takes as much as a full day for your inputs to register.
You can only perform one shoryuken per fight.
Will not make you better at Street Fighter

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
If I've never played a Street Fighter past SF2, will I still be able to understand what's going on, or will this be Not A Game For Me?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

Johnny Riker is many things to many people. To some, he's just that guy who always buys beer and sits down with the homeless people of wherever he's at, drinking and laughing and singing raucous songs. To others, he's the guy who swooped out of nowhere and saved them in a dark alley from muggers and thieves, before cracking wise and disappearing without a trace.

But to those who are truly evil, he's a great menace. Riker is one of the most dangerous men to those who run criminal empires - a man with a dream. He dreams of a world without evil. A world without people who run the night preying on those who live in the day. A world where strength and honor mean something, not dirty money and backstabbing. A world where the death of his sister, an Interpol agent, at the hands of Shadaloo and M. Bison, would never have happened.

Johnny Riker's dream burns bright. He will fight for the future, and do everything he can to bring down M. Bison and his whole organization. Having traveled the world, trying to make inroads against Shadaloo on his own wherever he can, he swears that he will prove that the honor of good men is stronger than anything evil can bring against him.

Johnny Riker

Energy: 24
Action: 10

Dice: 6 Punch, 1 Kick, 3 Throw

Stereotype: The Good-at-Heart Rogue
Style: Street
Form: Fighter

Clothing:
Ripped Leather Jacket (Stereotype)
Studded Leather Gloves (Form)
Chain wrapped around waist as belt (Style)

Skills:
Contacts x3
Perception
Intrusion
Independence

Techniques (Stereotype):
Spontaneous Kindness (Quirk): Save a drowning puppy, give money to a beggar, give your food to someone who needs it more
Sucker-Punch (Ability): Throw dirt in their face, kick them in the groin, trick them into turning their back. Use when on offense, before declaring a technique. Opponent discards 1 move of their choice.
With GM's Permission, I would like to swap out the "Dishonest Cheat" quirk for the Cocky Perfectionist's "Taunt" quirk, as I feel it would fit the character more.
Taunt (Quirk): Talk up your own ability, insult your opponent, be sure of winning

Standard Moves

Special Moves:
Touch of Pain: Johnny weakens his opponent with a well-placed jab to a pressure point. (1 punch move, 0 damage. Opponent loses 1 move of their choice.)
Death Blow: Johnny drives a vicious punch into his opponent's throat. (3 punch moves, 6 damage.)
One-Two Jab: Johnny throws a blindingly-quick one-two combination that speeds past any block. (2 punch moves, 2 damage. Cannot be blocked.)
Lariat: Johnny grabs the opponent's arm and yanks them into a hard clothesline. (3 punch moves, 5 damage.)
Pile Driver: A vicious piledriver that crushes the opponent's head into the ground. (2 throw moves, 5 damage.)

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 3, 2015

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Captain Bravo posted:

If I've never played a Street Fighter past SF2, will I still be able to understand what's going on, or will this be Not A Game For Me?

Don't worry, if you think you'd like the system you don't need to know much about Street Fighter, the plot of the whole series is not very important! If you want to find out what's been going on in the series you can go on the Street Fighter wikia page and read up on what's been happening with a few of the characters but it's by no means necessary.

If you're unsure about how your character would fit into the story, there's basically three alignments:

The bad guys are involved with Shadaloo, M. Bison's criminal organization.

The good guys are usually people belonging to governmental organizations looking to stop Shadaloo, like Chun-Li and the Hong Kong Police Department/Interpol or Guile and the US Air Force.

The rest are mostly focused on fighting people for the sake of their martial arts(Ryu wanders the world looking to master his martial art, Akuma wanders the world looking to kick Ryu's rear end, Zangief wanders the world looking to prove that wrestling is better than martial arts)

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Posting for interest i love street fighter

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I've got a question about the Gruff Pride ability for the grizzled soldier: It says that you do one extra damage with a defensive techniques, but I thought defensive techniques don't do damage? They just let you defend, and if successful you then use a different technique when attacking to do your damage. How does that work?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm neither here nor there for Street Fighter, but man oh man is Final Stand extremely my poo poo. Registering interest here.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Captain Bravo posted:

I've got a question about the Gruff Pride ability for the grizzled soldier: It says that you do one extra damage with a defensive techniques, but I thought defensive techniques don't do damage? They just let you defend, and if successful you then use a different technique when attacking to do your damage. How does that work?

The jab, which you can use to defend against throws, actually does 1 damage. So with the Gruff Pride ability you can either do 2 damage with a jab or do 1 damage with a block or dodge.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, I was a jerk. My parents kept me on the straight and narrow, but when they vanished, the gang was all I had. And then when this clown named Phillppe and Mad Gear show up and ask you to run drugs for them, well, it's not something you say no to. I got pretty tough. And rich, for my age. Still, it wasn't about just spending it all. It was just about keeping things together, but the more money we got, the tougher things got. And the tougher I got. Learned out to keep our blocks with my fists and feet, and sometimes use them in some pretty nasty ways. You do what you gotta.

Then suddenly Mad Gear went away. I mean, seriously, in a single night, this red ninja and a pro wrestler show up and they're got. Next night, this guy named Birdie, shows up and takes over without much of a fight, on account of there not being many fighters left. And unlike Phillipe, he's a pretty decent person. Not always all there upstairs, but he's got ambition, trying to get us hooked up with some group called Shadoloo. Well, turns out, whatever he found out spooked him. Starts talking a lot of crazy talk about us getting out of the business for good.

One day, he shows up with a file for me. Doesn't say where he got it, but it's about my parents. Turns out Shadoloo had them under observation, something about them being in some cult named the "Illuminati". Honestly, I hadn't thought about my parents in a long time. When they were gone, I just felt helpless, but now...

... well, I'm not so helpless now. And I'm a lot less nice.

pre:

Name: Casey Bell
Stereotype: Reformed Villain			Way: Hunting Phoenix
Quirks: Complete rear end in a top hat, Scathing Insult	Ability: No Mercy
Skills: Acrobatics x 2, Contacts, Independence, Intrusion x 2
Moves: Feral Fist, Fell Kick, Blinding Ash Strike, Inferno Punch, Soaring Talon
Energy: 20		Action: 10		Dice: 6 Kick, 4 Punch

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 4, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
My app is done, just as a heads-up!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Alright, I think I've got my character ready to go.

"General, we've received a transmission from the USS Barack Obama. It... it isn't good, sir."
"I am already aware of the mutiny, Lieutenant. We knew the Shandaloo would strike soon, and we've got a man already dispatched."
"One man, General? Against half the crew and who knows how many enemy agents?"
"Lieutenant, have you ever heard the name 'Hardslab'?"
"Hard- Hardslab, sir?"

pre:
Biff Hardslab

Enormous, scarred and quiet, Biff Hardslab conceals little about himself. Decades in the armed forces have honed him into a weapon with a very specific
purpose: Enter a combat zone, and beat the poo poo out of everyone within it. Biff excels at this task, which has given him a reputation within the military.
When you absolutely, positively need an individual or group decimated, you send in Hardslab.

Stereotype: The Towering Ox
Way: Iron Fist
Energy: 22
Action Points: 9

Punch: 6 Action Points
Light Punch: Biff sucker-punches the opponent. Costs 1 Move, deals 1 Damage.
Searching Fist: Biff tries an opponent's defense, testing for an opening. Costs 1 Move, deals 1 Damage. Opponent must use at least two defense techniques.
Heavy Punch: Biff throws a roundhouse punch at the opponent's head. Costs 2 Moves, deals 3 Damage.
Hand of Destruction: Biff delivers a bone-snapping thrust. Costs 2 Moves, deals 2 Damage, Opponent discards 1 Move.
Furious Punches: Biff overwhelms an opponent with a flurry of blows. Costs 3 Moves, deals 6 Damage.
One-Inch Punch: His ultimate technique, Biff jabs his fingers at an opponent, then delivers a mortal blow from close range. Costs 4 Moves, deals 8 Damage. 
Block (Defense): Biff blocks. Costs 1 Move, stops any punch.
Jab (Defense): Biff counters with a quick jab. Costs 1 Move, stops any throw.

Kick: 2 Action Points
Light Kick: Biff spin-kicks his opponent's torso. Costs 1 Move, deals 2 Damage.
Heavy Kick: Biff curb-stombs an opponent. Costs 2 moves, deals 5 Damage.
Cold Foot: Biff drops a bomb on an opponent, in the form of his boot. Costs 2 moves, deals 6 Damage.
Dodge: Biff backsteps out of an opponent's reach. Costs 1 move, stops any technique.

Throw: 1 Action Points
Take-Down: Biff brings an opponent to the ground. Costs 1 Move, deals 1 Damage, Opponent discards 1 Move.
Fling: Biff launches an opponent into the air with raw strength. Costs 2 Move, deals 3 Damage, Opponent discards 2 Moves.

Quirks:
Goof Bull in a China Shop: Biff is so incredibly large, he has a habit of leaving items accidentally broken in his wake.
Looming Presence: Biff throws his weight around, intimidating whoever he's interacting with.

Ability:
Heavy Attack: Biff throws all of his weight behind his next attack, granting his next technique an additional 2 Damage.

Skills:
Raw Strength x3: Hardslab is the definition of the phrase "Mountain of a Man".
Persuasion: When Biff looms over someone, they find it very hard to say "no"
Independence: Biff is no stranger to working alone, and can overcome incredible odds by himself.
Contacts: Although most of his missions are done without support, Biff can usually persuade command to free up some resources if needed.

Appearance:
Standing 6'8" and almost 280 lbs, Biff has a hard time finding clothing that fits. He covers most of the scars across his chest with a faded green hoodie,
emblazoned with USMC on the back. With Shaq-sized sneakers, dingy sweatpants, and suspiciously-stained handwraps, he might be confused by some as 
an overgrown vagrant. Only his completely-shaved head, dog tags, and piercing stare indicate that there is more than meets the eye to Biff Hardslab.

Oh, and also the fact that he's beating the poo poo out of everyone around him. That's a good indication too.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 6, 2015

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

pre:
Names: Enebish and Terbish

Energy: 18
Action: 13

Punch: 3
Kick: 5
Throw: 5

Stereotype: Cheeky Siblings
Way: Storm Leopard

Quirks: Act The Fool, Practical Joke

Ability: Double Team, use before a round to receive two extra actions, allocated where you wish.

Appearance:
*Matching Outfits (Twins)
*Heavy Jackets (Storm)
*Snow Leopard fur design on jackets (Leopard)

Skills:
Acrobaticsx2
Intrusionx2
Perceptionx2

Special Techniques:
Whirlwind Kick - 3 kick moves, 8 damage
Tornado Fist - 2 punch moves, 2 damage, and opponent loses 1 move of their choice
Ferocious Fist - 2 punch moves, 4 damage
Lightning Pounce - 2 throw moves, 3 damage, opponent loses 3 moves of their choice
Raking Paw - 2 kick moves, 6 damage

Astus fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 3, 2015

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Registering my interest - I've got a concept, but I can't find a decent picture for clown who is also a confused CIA agent, so I'll probably come up with something else.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
"So who did she say she was?" Asked an old woman wearing a beautiful silver locket. drinking tea as they were enjoying the evening. Eyeing the white haired girl that had recently arrived into the town and had decided to stay.
"I don't know" answered her friend "But my granddaughter called her Bianca"
"Well I do not like her... Her kind always bring trouble" she said with a scoff of her nose

The following morning. That woman woke up. But the silver locket she had stolen from one of her maids years before had gone missing. At the other side of town Laqueesh Johnson found the old locket in her kitchen table with a note that read

quote:

Hello!

I found this I think you mentioned it belonged to your mother so I went and got it back for you. Have a nice day! ☺♪

PS I saw a really cute pin and I took it I hope you don't mind :D

A couple of miles away the roar of the train as it moved across the country and Blanca was sitting in one of the carts admiring the simple pin she had found in miss Johnson's house it had a cute cat in it and it had caught her attention. The world was a nice place and she would see it all but first... And as the train came to a stop her stomach grumbled "I guess is time to find some food" she told to herself.

Robert Lee was considered the toughest guy in the small circuit they were. 7 feet tall and built like a brick wall he had finished pumelling the latest fool that dared to challenge his possition "Is there anyone else who dares fight me?" he asked as a little hand raised among the crowd. Blanca waved at him "I will if you promise to buy me food once I've won" her brave words were met with laughter as she walked surely to the small ring. Leaving her stuff to the side as she did not wish for them to be damage.

Standing in possition the smile suddenly left her face and she was focused. Robert looked at this and smirked before rushing forward like a football player. Next thing he knew his head hurt and he was on his back on the ground a soft gentle hand extended to him and behind it a smile "I guess you owe me a burger mister" Blanca said smiling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQ2MsrXvrw Ojala que llueva cafe en el campo

Name: Blanca Marin

Energy: 14
Action: 13

Punch: 7
Kick: 6
Throw: 0

Stereotype: Naive Peasant
Way: Storm Cobra

Quirks:
Naive Wonder
Humble Pie

Ability:
Honest determination: When 4 energy or less all techniches do +1 damage

Appearance:

Blanca wears a loose white shirt and comfortable pants with many pockets both visible and hidden in them. She does not usually wear shoes even if she has a pair of old worn out sneakers hanging from a side of her bag (Naive peasant)
Her backpack is personalized with many stickers and signatures that she had gotten from friends across the world. She also wears a belt with a raining cloud picture on it (Storm)
She has a cobra tattoo going up from her left ankle to her thigh (Cobra)

Skills:
Acrobaticsx1
Intrusionx1
Perceptionx2
Persuasionx1
Independencex1

Special Techniques:
Whirlwind Kick - 3 kick moves, 8 damage
Tornado Fist - 2 punch moves, 2 damage, and opponent loses 1 move of their choice
Hissing jab - 1punch move, 2 damage
Venomous hook - 3 punch move, 5 damage, lose 1 move of their choice. Punch delivered to the temple
Recoiling snake - 2 kick moves (One roll 2+), Defense tech. Stops any tech.

dereku fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 6, 2015

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Shankar Mahato

Deep in the mountain ranges of Nepal, it's a quiet night; the chilly wind blows softly over mountaintops, while not a living creature seems to stir. Underneath a canopy full of stars, a man seems to slumber. Though he looks almost as much like a tiger as he does a man. His eyes are closed, his legs folded together, his palms pressed tightly against one another. He breathes. Slowly, quietly; a hungry predator sizing up its hapless prey, a waterfall falling, drop by drop, over a sheer cliff. Above him, the stars move into a particular pattern. A hand appears, then it becomes a paw, with claws.

As the tiger-man ceases his contemplation and stands, the tail forms. He watches the constellation form with a furrowed brow. Finally, the head appears, with stripes filling in the body.

"So...the tiger awakens from hibernation. So too, must I...what kind of world awaits me? What struggles must the tiger face before he is allowed to return to his den?"

He leaps from the mountaintop, and runs, bounds, cold wind rushing against his face and body. He runs, towards the bottom of the mountain, with the stars at his back, towards his destiny...

pre:
Name: Shankar Mahato

Energy: 24
Action: 10

Punch: 5
Throw: 3
Kick: 2

Stereotype: Quiet Mystic

Way: Flowing Tiger

Quirks: Moment of Contemplation, Cryptic Comment

Ability: Meditation -- Use before or after a round to gain 2 energy (Can go over max)

Appearance:

Long, billowing robes that cover his legs, with a pattern of waves and tides (Stereotype, Way)

The appearance of a tiger, gained from a lifetime of meditation about nature, tigers, and his truest self (Form)

Skills:
Acrobatics x3
Contacts
Perception
Persuasion

Special Techniques:

Gouging Fingers -- 2 punch moves, 2 damage, opponent loses 1 move of their choice
Tumbling River -- 3 punch moves, 5 damage
Five Claw Strike -- 4 punch moves, 8 damage

Crashing Waterfall -- 2 throw moves, 4 damage
Roaring Pounce -- 3 throw moves, 5 damage, opponent loses 3 moves of their choice
Fake Edit: poo poo, 2 mystics already. I'll leave this up for now, but probably change the stereotype so I'm not stepping on toes.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 2, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dame Olivia Morgan

"No, go ahead. That trick's got to work eventually, right?"
Yes, I used a King of Fighters character for my image, shhhhh.

"Welcome to You Know Who! Our guest today is entrepreneur turned self-defense instructor and the owner of several night clubs in London, Dame Olivia Morgan!"

"Thank you, Roger, it's wonderful to be here."

"I hope you don't mind if I jump straight to the question on everyone's mind; why self-defense classes?"

"Business is all about recognizing where there's a need, and filling that need. And right now, after yet another international incident involving Shadaloo, what people need is a sense of security. And they aren't going to get that from a can of pepper spray or a taser stuffed in their purse."

"What do you mean by that?"

"If you have a weapon, and it gets taken away from you, or you're caught without it, you're right back where you started. What we're offering is something you can't have taken away from you- information, and training. Bartitsu is a style developed right here in England, specifically for providing self-defense in an unarmed society. No matter the situation, no matter your opponent, bartitsu has an answer. Weapons, fistfights, grappling, it's all covered."

"Sounds impressive. And you've begun entering fighting tournaments as well, to prove your claims?"

"I have. Two years ago, I barely knew how to throw a punch. Now, I'm more confident, more capable, and standing toe-to-toe with some of the best fighters of the world. I'm doing this to show everyone, here and across the world, that we don't have to be afraid of terrorists. And I'm proving it with my own two hands."

"Strong convictions from Dame Morgan! After the break, our next guest is a heavy metal performer who runs a daycare! Stay tuned to You Know Who!"

pre:
Name: Dame Olivia Morgan
Style: Bartitsu

Stereotype: The Smooth Operator
Way: Flowing Cobra

Energy: 18
Action: 11
Actions: 6 Punch, 3 Kick, 2 Throw

Chi: 0
Standing: 0

Clothes: 
* Lavender Suit Jacket (Stereotype)
* White Silk Trousers (Style)
* Silver Snake Earrings (Form)

Quirks: 
Perfectly Groomed - Good business starts with a good first impression.
R&R - What's the point of money if you don't ever let yourself enjoy having it?

Ability: 
Keeping your Cool - [+1 Bonus to Defense Technique] It takes a lot more than getting punched in the head
                     a couple times to throw Ms. Morgan off her game.

Skills: 
Acrobatics (x2) - Olivia is very agile for someone wearing a suit. 
Contacts - You get to know a few people, in her line of work.
Intrusion - You also end up learning how to do a few things you're not exactly proud of. 
Persuasion (x2) - Spend enough time around people, you start to get a sense for what makes them tick.

Techniques:
Crashing Waterfall - 2 throw moves, 4 damage.
Hissing Jab - 1 punch move, 2 damage.
Recoiling Serpent - Defense technique, 2 kick moves (one roll, 2+), stops any technique.
Tumbling River - 3 punch moves, 5 damage.
Venomous Hook - A powerful punch delivered to the temple, staggering the opponent. 
                3 punch moves, 5 damage, opponent loses one move of their choice.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 2, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Chakkawakka, do I have permission to swap out that Quirk in my Stereotype?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Thinking I'm gonna make a Rolento follower who's also a modern Tweeting/facebooking/Redditing/etc. ing PR-agent.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
I am not married to the mystic one. I'll check the PDF once I get home and change it

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Chakkawakka, do I have permission to swap out that Quirk in my Stereotype?

Yes, I'm not too attached to the quirks as they are written, so swapping it or even writing a new one is fine.

:siren: There's more interest in this game than I thought there would be, so let's say the deadline for character submissions is tomorrow, 9PM eastern, so in around 25 hours. :siren:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jean-Michel Lafontaine

"That's just the way the world works" is the talk of cowards. What can you do? Join us and improve the world. #Rolentopia #Lightacandle"

"Check out this sweet pic of this MI6 spy I caught. Pulled a gun on me, so I had to get rough #BUSTED RT, it's an order! ;)

The son of a French Foreign Legionaire who once fought together with Rolento, Jean-Michel Lafontaine is a Communications Major at the University of Lyons. A lover of all things technologic, his father, who had trained him in the arts of combat, disliked his son's modern ways, and sent him to join his old friend Rolento's army.

In some ways, he was succesful. Jean-Michel eagerly took to Roelnto's vision of utopia, and proved himself a skilled fighter, gaining tyhe rank of Lieutenant among Rolento's men. However, he did not give up his carefree and irreverent tweeting, facebooking and youtubing ways. While sometimes Rolento chides him for being frivolous, Jean-Michel has fulfilled any order with utmost loyalty, and has upped recruitment for Rolento's utopic cause.

Jean-Luc for his part, is still trying to get Rolento to make a Twitter or Facebook account, to little success. Also, he has the hugest crush on Rolento.

quote:

Name: Jean-Michel Lafontaine
Style: Savate
Stereotype: Laughing Joker
Style: Burning
Form: Crane

Energy: 14
Action: 12

Skills:
Acrobatics 2: Jean-Michel is a nimble figure, always trying to get into the hardest to reach spaces for a nice pic to tweet.
Persuasion 3: Good humoured and irrepressible, he adds his own charm to Rolento's own special rough brand of charisma.
Contacts: He's got a good amount of Followers, and Rolento might not be Shadowloo like in its level of influence, but they have their people.

Clothes: Red Gloves worn while fighting (Flaming)
Smartphone in a protective pouch pocket, always within easy reach (Laughing Joker)
Orange shawl he wears has a Crane sewn into it. (Crane)

the laughing joker - you never take life
seriously and always have a grin on your
face. You’re a happy-go-lucky optimist
who lifts everyone’s spirits (or just really
annoys them).
- cracking wise (quirk): make a joke
about someone else, yourself, or the
situation, (don’t worry about being
particularly clever or witty, and feel free
to steal a joke from a TV show, movie, or
book)
- inappropriate laugh (quirk): laughing
when the big bad guy reveals his true
power, when your rear end is kicked, when
you find out some terrible news, and so
on.
- tireless optimism (ability): your glass is
always half full; you sing in the rain and
dance to the tune of doom. Announce
this ability when your opponent declares
an offensive technique; you may not
attempt to defend against it, but it does 2
less damage. If all damage is prevented,
any side-effects are ignored.
Skills: persuasion, acrobatics

Actions:
5 kicks
5 punches
2 throws

Special Moves
scorching palm - 2 punch moves, 4
damage.
raging fire kick - 2 kick moves, 6
damage.
swooping kick - 3 kick moves, 9 damage.
winged thrust - 1 throw move, 0 damage,
and opponent loses 2 moves of their
choice.
spearing beak - 3 punch moves, 6
damage.

Finish the mechanical things later, and pick a picture. Doing some work posting, but running Pathfinder today and might otherwise not get in in time.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 6, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This sounds pretty legit. I'll try to whip something up tonight or tomorrow.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

:siren: Alright! Time's up! Thanks for your interest everyone. :siren:

I've decided to pick everyone with complete characters so Tempus Rimeblood, Captain Bravo, dereku, PurplieNurplie, Poison Mushroom and Shogeton you're in!

I will most likely be starting the game on monday next week. If any of you want to make modifications to your characters between now and then that's fine with me, I mostly set a deadline so I wouldn't have to pick between a bunch of characters I like.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
RIP Waffleman :(

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yesss, time to reduce some fools to their constituent elements via the power of fist. :black101:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I think someone else should also run a Final Stand game, since there's definitely enough interest.. If you make it a crossover between Rival Schools and Darkstalkers you can even get the Monsterhearts crowd. :v:

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Oh yeah :D time to kick some butt and get some food out of the deal... And maybe ride on someones shoulders

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Biff is here to kick rear end, and kick rear end. And he's all out of rear end. :v:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ugh, I missed that it was 9pm, and it closed while I was trying to get my character in before midnight.

Oh well, I love Street Fighter, but apparently was lacking in priority. :(

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Johnny Riker's on the scene! You set 'em up, he'll take 'em down!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Work has failed me once again! :argh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I may well be the one to run a second Final Stand game, so interested folks, keep an eye on the recruitment megathread!

Olivia, meanwhile, is very ready to kick some motherfuckers in the head.

Edit: This is probably not what people were expecting, but you know what? Whatever.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 4, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jean-Michel ready to advance #Rolentopia. Hand out some beatings towards it. #Worldwarriors #offtobattlesoldier

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I have to say, I really like that Olivia has a theme song, so if you guys want to include theme songs for your characters that's cool.

Also, if any of you have any idea for rewards that could be given after each session, please let me know. I don't want to spend too much time on it for the sake of speeding things up so I'll build a list and just pick some of them for each "session" instead of having everyone come up with 1 reward every time.

Here's what I have so far

• +1 Energy +1 Action
  • +2 Energy
  • +1 Action
  • Projectile: Apply to one of your punch moves. On a block you remain on the offensive.
  • +1 Damage to any technique
  • On a successful hit of the basic takedown action, you decide which move the opponent loses.
  • Gain one extra move from the form or style list.
  • 2 of your kick actions succeed automatically(IE if you have 4 kick actions, you roll for 2 of them at the beginning of the round and the other two are automatic successes)
  • Counter: Apply to any move. When performing this move after a succesful defense, it does +2 damage.
  • Taunt(Ability): Use after a succesful dodge. The opponent loses 2 moves of their choice but remains on the offensive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A good late-game reward would probably be to let you confirm [your choice of kicks or throws] on a 2+, instead of a 3+.

Another one would be +1 to all block rolls (though I'd set a "rolling 1s always fails blocks", to keep Serpent from becoming hilariously OP).

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Couple of ideas:

• Pin: On a successful nonbasic throw technique, spend an extra throw move - your opponent loses 1 move of their choice.
  • Wild Tackle: Defensive move - spend one kick and throw, then roll 1d6 against your opponent - if you win, you take the offensive and they cannot dodge your next attack. Otherwise, take 2 extra damage.
  • Iron arm training: For every three successful blocks you make, your opponent takes 1 damage.
  • Stretchy Limbs - Apply to your basic techniques. On block your dodge, you maintain the offensive once per round.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The only unique thing I can think of would be some way to regain lost moves mid-fight; not sure what would trigger it or if it would be balanced, but it would add another layer of complexity to fights.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

You already can by spending Chi. Easy to miss, but it's the last usage of Chi listed.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
That's what I get for not reading the rules stuff before I post!

Edit: Wait, I meant gaining back moves your opponent makes you lose via their own moves. Are you referring to that, or the 'recharge' thing that lets you use a technique again?

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Maybe a +1 for a skill you have? Or is that obtained someway else?

Also I've edited my original post for my character song

• Locked thread