Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't know why you keep calling Josuke 15 when his stated age is 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Baal posted:

I can never pin down a good voice for Okuyasu in my head that doesn't just become Kuwabara, because it's the only voice I think that can work for him and he will never have it.

I think he did in the video game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xibanya posted:

Whew, blog is now totally up to date!

https://manuelamalasanya.wordpress.com/lets-read-jjba/

I'm gonna have to figure out a better way to organize the chapter listing once this thing gets really long. Probably a sub-page for each story arc or volume. But for now this will do. Excited to have some folks on to help me and Ziggy cold read some duwangs! This Let's Read is building some rad momentum here!

It's also really cool. I like hearing people's first impressions of series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't actully remember how everything with the Nijimura brothers ended. So this will be a nice refresher to me as well as somthing entertaining.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xibanya posted:

Two: Wait does that mean everyone who "retired" in Stardust Crusaders is now like this? You'd think Jotaro would have found out by now. Is this gonna be the main/a main plot point in part 4?

Only the ones he did not trust. He probably felt someone like Hol Horse was trustworthy enough to do it purely for cash. Hol Horse even remarked that he never sold DIO his soul, so he never got implanted with the flesh bud. Most of the stand users seemed loyal to DIO or were purely mercenary.

Oingo and Bonigo are confirmed in supplementary materials to still be going fine as well. So I would presume a fair amount of the stand users are still alive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Aniki the word he is using is actually most frequently translated as bro.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

I thought the first three fourths of HxH were good, but the Chimera Ant arc went on forever and was not very good to begin with. I hated every single one of the villains and it dragged itself out at least 30 eps too long.

I don't agree. I thought Chimera ant was the highlight of the series.

These three are great antagonists possibly the best of the series.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 13, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Desperado Bones posted:

:woop:
Who are the people voicing them? Jojo and a couple more are the only animes I've been watching since I stopped altogether years ago,so I'm like..."who are these people"?

Okuyasu kept his voice from the games. He is Kuwabara and Knuckle Bine (both characters very similar to Okuyasu in personalty). Koichi is Eren Yeager and Speed of Sound Sonic. Jotaro is the same as last season. Josuke is Yuki Ono, from things I watched and know him from he is Chikage Rokujo from Durarara, and Zenkichi Hitoyoshi from Medaka box.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Race Realists posted:

Wataru Takagi didn't voice Kuwabara

Oh you're right.

Iggy's voice actor from the All Star Battle did voice Kuwabara however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I love this. First reactions to JoJo are fantastic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I wouldn't say it's the first time a shonen protagonist died, but JJBA is the first series to have the protagonist die before the ending, I think.

(Unless you count Devilman, there's varying interpretations of how the Akira/Amon thing works in the manga and the 70s anime straight-up says that Akira is dead and Amon is possessing an Akira-shaped meat puppet.)

A Shonen Jump protagonist he said. Devilman was not a Jump comic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

Wait, there actually is a guy with no ears in this series?

Probably. I have forgotten a great deal of this 20 something year old series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

The Jojonium rerelease gave him his own cover.

Well Hol Horse got one too, so he was not the only part 3 villain in that regard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Edit double post.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PeaceDiner posted:

I'm guessing that this is the pic in question?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/d/d7/Chapter_157.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/780?cb=20140805025328

Here now it is actually decently sized.

Yeah he was sure meant to join the Crusaders before the Fans brought Avdol back to life.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

Convincing hol horse to join you is one of my fave parts of the 7th stand user game

Hol Horse can join you?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

hol horse getting his monthly employee review

Just to tell you in the manga. This scene actually happened before the D'Arby fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

destroyed by his own hol horbris

Still this is the second time he survived shooting himself in the face.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

and wait holy poo poo there was this dude in Order of Ecclesia who I am just realizing was basically a Stardust Crusader's fan character, he was this dude who had a giant pig monster that was his shadow and you could only hit it on the wall and it was really cool and his name was BLACKMORE like RITCHIE BLACKMORE

Blackmore is not until Part 7.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

the photo feels more and more mocking

Do another D&D party thing abou Vanilla Ice. Those are great.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 13, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Butt Ox posted:

So if Surface had taken control of Josuke soon enough, would Josuke's hand also have come off?

It does not mirror damage with the person it's copying. They just have to do the same things Surface does. Which can be used to hurt a person if things in the area are different from were surface is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The problem with YYH is that Togashi got tired of writing and Drawing it. He literally skipped the final battle of the manga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nice that your back. Looking forward to more of this stuff.

I enjoy Surface it's just a fun little arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In case you could not tell. He pissed his pants cause he could not figure out the combination for the bathroom.

• Locked thread