Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
Soldier Blade
SHMUPS in which T's MUSIC does the soundtrack (Lords of Thunder, Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire)
This looks bad but I like the idea of a VS shooter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVA4Zf3FzQc

This but seriously

Judge Ito Boxing fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

People always post this re: ikaruga like it means something other than "I don't get Ikaruga"

It's pretty good and deserves the (good and bad) attention it gets.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

I'm the guy who buys it every time they port it to a new system

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

mushihime-sama is on ps2 too, im not sure if its region free though

It's not region free and it's a poo poo port

Judge Ito Boxing fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 9, 2015

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

In Training posted:

what is a good shmup on PSX or PS2, now that I own a old ps2

Omega Boost
Then hop to the universe where Polyphony Digital only made sequels to Omega Boost

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know how shmup snobs view CAVE's ipad ports, but Mushi, Mush 2 and DDP III are pretty decent. They do bullshit like charging extra for difficulty revisions, though.

Stravinsky posted:

its insane how many are out on the 360 especially since no one in jap bought one

Desperation leads to relatively low dev costs. ESCHATOS is a pretty good region free 360mup from M-KAI and includes an emulation of one of their older games, a Wonderswan game called Judgment Silversword.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i only had ddp on there but it was fun, not a good substitute for the real thing for obvious reasons but i t was good to gently caress aorund with when i had a few minutes to kill

:agreed:

Controlling your ship via touch is a novelty, too. But then I'm sure there's some LUA scripting bs in MAME that can simulate that with your mouse or trackpad.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah! I forgot about the virtual trackpad. I'm pretty sure Mushi 2 and maybe one of the DDP games had it, too.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

Captain gently caress Face posted:

wot are some good shoot them ups on steam.

http://www.caveshmups.com/

From the people who published Crimzon Clover, so there's a decent chance they won't just be half-assed versions of the iOS ports.

Still won't ever get an Armed Police Batrider superplay DVD and soundtrack :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

It is no Dangun Feveron but It Will Do

Of course 1.5 (is that different from Black Label?) is DLC

• Locked thread