Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Marco personifies the phrase "killing them with kindness". As any alignment he is the picture of civility, always cordial with everyone regardless of his stated read on them. This demeanor often lulls scum into a false sense of security when engaging with a civilian Marco and makes a mafia Marco very hard to catch out, let alone get lynched, which his high win percentage as scum can attest to. Behind the scenes this consummate nice guy is a meticulous note taker and skilled planner, one whose willing to be the fall guy if needed.

We don't always take the time to do awards on NF (Naruto Forums) but when we have Marco has consistently been named for the most prestigious awards(best overall, best mafia, best townie). Hes the most consistent player I have come across and there is no one I'd prefer having on my side or am more paranoid about when they're potentially not. No matter if you're on his side on not hes a positive presence, one I've never been able to be feel bad about losing to and I can only hope those against him this game are as good of sports about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I come to you from a secretive and fanatic corner of the internet, The Temple of Kraden. Having been a member of this cult for nearly eight years, I am well versed in reading, manipulating, and otherwise dealing with all manner of twisted psyches, many of which I am sure to run into during the course of this tournament.

I specialize in playing perceptive games of Mafia; the social aspect is where I thrive and it is uncommon for me to not reach out to as many players as possible for potential leads, information, and reactions in order to hone my strategy from game to game, whether I'm scum or innocent. I am adept at hypothesizing and planning for contingencies to cover as many bases as possible. I craft no particular persona during games, and my behavior is fairly consistent no matter what side I'm on or role I may have.

Speaking of roles, I far prefer being scum. The camaraderie that comes from working as the informed minority is very enjoyable to me. Laying plans and seeing them executed is incredibly satisfying when working as successful mafia, and I often assume leadership. Specific roles I enjoy tend to be ones with a more apparent impact on the game; I enjoy being the one to make kills as scum, roleblock, or anything that lets me directly mess with the opposing team's plans.

A few specific accomplishments in my Mafia career could include a game during which, as a confessed Mafia, I successfully lead the lynch for two days running by convincing the town of an imminent cult victory (a game we went on to win with me still alive), and almost achieving a solo Alien win in a game with 25 people (I was only two days away from victory.) I remain among the Temple's 'top roster' of players, the metagame meaning that I am frequently targeted by multiple roles on Night One, and had a streak of five games in a row of being the first to die, due to the Mafia deeming me too big a threat to live.

Town or Mafia, I always make the most of my role and status. I look forward to converting the rest of you, be it with gentle words or harsh blows. All Hail Kraden.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

busb posted:

Um...everyone? what else would they be called? that's exactly what they are called in this, Sydney, the food capital of the metropolitan sydney area

It's a toasted sandwich. Aussie it up and call it a Toastie.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dongsbot you should have seen when we sent two people to play as one in the international mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Marco personifies the phrase "killing them with kindness". As any alignment he is the picture of civility, always cordial with everyone regardless of his stated read on them. This demeanor often lulls scum into a false sense of security when engaging with a civilian Marco and makes a mafia Marco very hard to catch out, let alone get lynched, which his high win percentage as scum can attest to. Behind the scenes this consummate nice guy is a meticulous note taker and skilled planner, one whose willing to be the fall guy if needed.

We don't always take the time to do awards on NF (Naruto Forums) but when we have Marco has consistently been named for the most prestigious awards(best overall, best mafia, best townie). Hes the most consistent player I have come across and there is no one I'd prefer having on my side or am more paranoid about when they're potentially not. No matter if you're on his side on not hes a positive presence, one I've never been able to be feel bad about losing to and I can only hope those against him this game are as good of sports about it.

gently caress YES

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Somebody make an international mafia discussion thread.

Also please be nice to KK he has problems he can't control

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we spend hundreds of dollars on avatars but no one bought account for whatever that pizza guy's name was

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

PBS Newshour posted:

we spend hundreds of dollars on avatars but no one bought account for whatever that pizza guy's name was

it was winvirus

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

PBS Newshour posted:

What was that guys gimmick again? That guy ruled though

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

man these are fun to read

some of them are just like "one time i day-1 vig'd a godfather" and its like wow congratulations youre kashuno hope you feel great about your life

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

One time I convinced some players that I was a spooky ghost and could not vote.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I once make a fake claim that was right

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I once told a lie so well I convinced myself. It was that I was a worthwhile human being. What a jape.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
yo dongsbot you bae

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
one time i pretended to replace out of game and attempted to ruin the character of the mafia player who replaced me who had to say everything i told them to say

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

CCKeane posted:

I once told a lie so well I convinced myself. It was that I was a worthwhile human being. What a jape.

Every human that lives is a worthwhile human.

All the dead ones deserved it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MG3 posted:

Every human that lives is a worthwhile human.

All the dead ones deserved it.

I'm a ghost though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i'm a vampire ghost

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tommunist posted:

i'm a vampire ghost

Because your existence raises uncomfortable questions about the nature of things and also you suck?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

one time i pretended to replace out of game and attempted to ruin the character of the mafia player who replaced me who had to say everything i told them to say

This was the best game.

I killed SO MANY people that game.

As a doctor.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

John Cena gif needed more Nexus, the pinnacle of his overcoming the odds

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

"Greetings. I am Haelbarde (aka M'Hael), Lord Odium, The Soul of the Hazecrusher, Essence of Parodium, and Cloaked in Shadow, The One True Herald of the Brightness Ascendant and the Bloodthirsty Goddess, Bearer of Her Blood, Scion of the Heatherlocke Clan and Wielder of Discord, the Reigning Dodo of the 17th Shard, Honorary Contribution Crusader, and Blessed by with the Intuition of Metacognition, the Manipulation of the Ghetti's, the Wit of Hoid, and the Survival Instincts of Maw.

But you can just call me Hael

I come representing the 17thshard's Sanderson Elimination subforum, where we play a variety of themed mafia games. Games are usually filled with thematically appropriate roles and actions, and players often disperse RP and song parodies among all the other normal shenanigans that happen over the course of a game. We have some fun, and here's hoping we'll be having some fun here."

source yr quotes

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

CCKeane posted:

Because your existence raises uncomfortable questions about the nature of things and also you suck?

maybe

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

This was the best game.

I killed SO MANY people that game.

As a doctor.

It was a good game indeed. I won!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

MG3 posted:

Dongsbot you should have seen when we sent two people to play as one in the international mafia

when it was over, the mod said he didn't think that two players sharing an account was against the spirit of the rules

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

amazing

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

when it was over, the mod said he didn't think that two players sharing an account was against the spirit of the rules

An amazing moment in mafia history

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

that was awesome

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
is anyone recruiting for a small game?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm thinking about a European vacation, and maybe going to the Netherlands purely to tell this joke:
My girlfriend always said my jokes were bad, but I never thought I'd end up at The Hague.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm thinking about a European vacation, and maybe going to the Netherlands purely to tell this joke:
My girlfriend always said my jokes were bad, but I never thought I'd end up at The Hague.

Your joke fuckjg sucks but the Netherlands are hreat

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

is anyone recruiting for a small game?

Actually yes. I'm going to post the game tomorrow, but can give you a pre-sign spot. It's 13 players.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

What do you guys think of the new ghostbusters movie? My brother says it's gonna suck. I think it's going to be good.

Who's right?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Max posted:

Actually yes. I'm going to post the game tomorrow, but can give you a pre-sign spot. It's 13 players.

yessss

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I'm dead in all my games. What's the flavor?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Podima posted:

I'm dead in all my games. What's the flavor?

Rasp-berry

*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Two other 13 player games that are recruiting:

[Mafia] Orc vs Pony: trouble in little Ponyville. though Tomm may have abandoned this

[Mafia] Ham Mill: 10 by Grandicap

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Let's go cavs

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

He closed it on Votefinder. It's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010